LOGOLYMPIAD 2016 - EVENT 6 - Alternate Uniform

pollux

vrWROCB.png

K3i1A4z.png

For this event, you have to create an alternate uniform for one of the active teams from the Deutsche Eishockey Liga.

• You must use an existing logo from the chosen team. It can be the primary logo or any secondary logo associated to the team. Any logo or part of a logo available on the sportslogos.net page will be accepted; logos that are not on the page will NOT be accepted.
  • You must work with the existing colors for the team. Do not add a completely new color (other than white).
  • Sublimation is allowed. This means that a darker shade of an existing color is allowed.
  • You must submit a jersey, socks, pants, and helmet.
  • The front and the back of the jersey must be displayed in your submission.
  • Include the primary logo of the DEL team on your submission. It should not take more than 150px by 150px, as it is only for reference.
  • Use a template showing the set as if it was laying flat on a surface. Do NOT submit your entry on a 3D template, as it will be disqualified.

DEADLINE: November 4th, 11:59AM Eastern Time

Reminder - Read this carefully as I won't give out warnings this time!

Failure to follow the guidelines could result in your entry being inadvertently (or intentionally) excluded from judging.

Entries must be emailed to logolympiad (@) gmail (dot) com prior to the set deadline. Subject line should be the event number (Ex: Event 1). Once you submit your entry, it is considered final.

Entries must be submitted as .jpg, .gif or .png formats. The file name format of the submission is: event#_yourusername.extension (Ex: event1_pollux.png). The file must be attached to your email.

All final entries must be 800x600 pixels with at least 70 pixels of white space at the bottom of the image. This means that your presentation has to fit in a 800x530 pixels window (800 pixels wide by 530 pixels high). I will NOT re-size entries that are not properly done, so make sure it's right.

The background of the entries should be solid white, unless otherwise specified. You must not use gradients, shadows, patterns, lines, etc. on your background.

Do not add any text or images to your submission, unless otherwise specified. Do not add the team name, location, the entry number, the event type, etc.

Do not include your name or any other personal identifiers on your submission. Also, do not watermark your work. I will add a watermark to each entry before they get posted for judging. I will also provide each entry with a number. You are expected to keep the identity of your entry anonymous until the end of the event. If you think you know the identity of another designer, keep it to yourself. Anyone who exposes the identity of themselves or anyone else will be DQ'd.

You should receive an automatic reply once you submit your entry. If you don’t receive one, please PM me directly. If I see an issue with the format of your submission, I will contact you giving you a chance to resubmit. I will NOT, however, comment on the content of the submission.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

• pollux pinned this topic
17 minutes ago, hettinger_rl said:

Is there a recommended site to see what their current uniforms look like? So that we don't end-up creating a design that's too similar and to see just how "alternate" we need to go.

Probably need to do a google search though I'm sure they have a league site available.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

52 minutes ago, hettinger_rl said:

Is there a recommended site to see what their current uniforms look like? So that we don't end-up creating a design that's too similar and to see just how "alternate" we need to go.

32 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

As @MJWalker45 mentioned, you can look at the league's website to check the current jerseys.

That's the beauty of this event: a few of us know what the jerseys look like, so you have pretty much a free pass to try anything for the jersey.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

8 minutes ago, hettinger_rl said:

Next question: When you say "existing" colors, does that refer to the colors of their logo on sportslogos.net or the colors of their jerseys that we see after searching? Some have logo and jersey colors that don't seem to match.

Stick with the colors from the logo on sportslogos.net. This is what I will be using to validate the colors you use for your alternate uniform.

10 minutes ago, hettinger_rl said:

One more: Can the logo be a portion of the logo on the .net page or does it need to be the whole logo? Example- taking off the wordmark.

Yes, you can take a portion of the logo. I just realized that I forgot to mention that you need to add the primary logo on your submission as well, so that would be used to identify the team. I'll add it in the original post.

1 hour ago, pollux said:

Yes, you can take a portion of the logo. I just realized that I forgot to mention that you need to add the primary logo on your submission as well, so that would be used to identify the team. I'll add it in the original post.

To be clear, we don't need to use a full logo from the team, we can use only a partial if we want to? For example, if the Logolympiad  wordmark was the only logo shown on Team Logolympiad's page, I could use the interlocking "OGO" rings as the crest on the jersey and no other logos, then just show the full primary logo off to the side for reference? Sorry, "You must use an existing logo from the chosen team." is throwing me off.

5 minutes ago, eRay said:

To be clear, we don't need to use a full logo from the team, we can use only a partial if we want to? For example, if the Logolympiad  wordmark was the only logo shown on Team Logolympiad's page, I could use the interlocking "OGO" rings as the crest on the jersey and no other logos, then just show the full primary logo off to the side for reference? Sorry, "You must use an existing logo from the chosen team." is throwing me off.

You understand correctly. You can use a complete logo (LOGOLYMPIAD) or part of it (OGO, or the standalone A, for example). In both cases, add the full primary logo along with your submission.

When I state that you must use an existing logo from the chosen team, it means that you shouldn't start creating a completely new logo for the team. Since the event is the alternate uniform, I want members to focus on the uniform rather than the logo and/or patches. I'm giving you flexibility to extract a part of the logo you choose, but that's the extent of the work you should put towards the logo. Any existing logo is valid, whether an old one or a current one.

Does that answer your question?

37 minutes ago, pollux said:

You understand correctly. You can use a complete logo (LOGOLYMPIAD) or part of it (OGO, or the standalone A, for example). In both cases, add the full primary logo along with your submission.

When I state that you must use an existing logo from the chosen team, it means that you shouldn't start creating a completely new logo for the team. Since the event is the alternate uniform, I want members to focus on the uniform rather than the logo and/or patches. I'm giving you flexibility to extract a part of the logo you choose, but that's the extent of the work you should put towards the logo. Any existing logo is valid, whether an old one or a current one.

Does that answer your question?

Perfectly. Thank you.

4 hours ago, TRoyConcepts said:

Are we obligated to obliterate our entries with ads?

Joking aside, are we allowed to do teams that are currently in the league but not on the site?

lol no, no ads needed :)

I am aware not all teams are on the sportslogos.net page, but stick with the teams listed on the mother site. It will be easier for me to accept your entry this way.

For this event, if you were to, hypothectically, do an alternate uniform for the Hamburg Freezers, you can use the team's alternate logo instead of the main logo for the reference logo. You still need it to fit within the 150 x 150 max dimensions on your submission.

The reason is that the logo is very long horizontally and would be difficult to read on the submission.

This is only possible for the Hamburg Freezers.

The site shows the primary logo for the team I'm planning to use as a logo with a wordmark; however, I can only find a vector version of the logo without the wordmark. Will that be ok?

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

4 minutes ago, Mockba said:

The site shows the primary logo for the team I'm planning to use as a logo with a wordmark; however, I can only find a vector version of the logo without the wordmark. Will that be ok?

Yes, that will be accepted. The main reason I want the logo in there is to easily identify the team you're making an alternate for. If the logo is unique enough without the wordmark, then that will be OK.

The event is now over!

Voting will be up shortly.

• pollux unpinned this topic

Archived