NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

4 hours ago, labc93 said:

So....I purchased an authentic Wizards jersey on Oct.23. NBA Store withdrew their money from my account. I’m still waiting on it and have filed multiple complaints about shipping and date of shipping. Now I’ve gone on NBA Store and checked all 30 NBA Teams Store fronts and only Cleveland, Golden State, Houston, Oklahoma City, Philadelphia, and San Antonio have Authentic jerseys available. I’m wondering if the NBA is pulling all the Authentic jerseys from the store. Let me know what you guys think about this. 

Call them.  May have been an extremely limited first-run supply, as the vast majority of basketball jersey purchases are non-authentic..

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, the admiral said:

He definitely had something to do with it, but the Chicago flag had been picking up steam for a few years now. It seems to be the favorite tattoo of lifelong Chicagoans from Hanover Park.

I'm deceased. The Admiral has killed me.

ibgsr9.jpg

san_diego_destroyers_player_sig___qb_wal

9 hours ago, keynote said:

Re: the Wizards' marble side panels:  I get it... but I would've preferred something that resonates more with the locals. 

Any suggestions?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

10 hours ago, tohasbo said:

Yes.  Yes they are.

As a Nuggets fan who grew up with the powder blue and really loved it I think they would be far more stupid to put out a 4th uniform that is powder blue. When you rebrand and make your primary color a pretty distant fourth color you can't use it for an entire uniform. Honestly, their biggest mistake has been keeping powder blue as an outline and a large part of the logo. It should've been completely wiped out if they wanted to rebrand.

I'm also not entirely sure this will be exactly what the Nuggets jersey will look like. Conrad obviously know far more than I do but I can't help but remember that Nuggets logo that included red that was leaked by Nike Store. Why would that logo even exist if it weren't going to be used in any capacity. I was really expecting this fourth uniform to include red in a way that either nods back to the 90's look or to the Colorado flag. That would explain the lack of powder blue and it could be included in a way that it is accounted for by some of Conrad's uncertainty.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

So, the predicted Magic space design is, you could say, far out — but is this really the team’s jersey?

“It’s not all together accurate,” a league source told the Orlando Sentinel.

But some sort of star pattern is expected when the “City” Magic jersey is officially unveiled sometime early next year.

spacer.png

4 hours ago, BShaw20 said:

So, the predicted Magic space design is, you could say, far out — but is this really the team’s jersey?

“It’s not all together accurate,” a league source told the Orlando Sentinel.

But some sort of star pattern is expected when the “City” Magic jersey is officially unveiled sometime early next year.

Sometime early next year? Gosh I hope not!

Jaguars

9 hours ago, the admiral said:

He definitely had something to do with it, but the Chicago flag had been picking up steam for a few years now. It seems to be the favorite tattoo of lifelong Chicagoans from Hanover Park.

The first instance I can recall of the flag getting some serious sportsbrand on it was the Fire doing a one-off light blue jersey with the four stars across the front. That was back in the Soldier Field days, so maybe 2005? The fanbase went nuts over it and wanted a version of it back every time the team had a uniform change. I imagine moving out to Bridgeview may have complicated that, but the Fire have added some star elements here and there. (We will never speak of the black 3rd jersey that made the MLS logo the 5th star on the flag.)

The Red Stars did it best, though, at least for a couple seasons.

men-s-chicago-red-stars-2014-jersey-lt-b

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

56 minutes ago, Teal said:

Sometime early next year? Gosh I hope not!

Charlotte's City is going to be first worn late December, so either Nike is letting each team unveil when they want to (least likely), or they'll have a big unveiling before Christmas for buying purposes. (most likely)

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

7 hours ago, BlackBolt3 said:

Charlotte's City is going to be first worn late December, so either Nike is letting each team unveil when they want to (least likely), or they'll have a big unveiling before Christmas for buying purposes. (most likely)

Sounds good.

Jaguars

14 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

Any suggestions?

Well, my idea for a "Chocolate City"-themed jersey may not fly.  :)  I guess any other ideas would either be too obscure/abstract (not sure how to pull off a go-go themed jersey), or just as tourist-centric as the marble (e.g., cherry blossoms).

FWIW, Adidas once released a cherry blossom-themed colorway of John Wall's signature shoe:

J-Wall-1_Cherry-Blossom-1.jpg?x76107

As much as I adore the Chicago flag, using light blue just doesn't sit right with me with the Bulls. They're red and black through and through. I guess I'd prefer some alternate logo mashing up the bull and a six-point star or something, to get that city pride shoutout? But I'm having trouble getting used to soccer-style random colors breaking out on alternate uniforms. At least they're finally bringing back the script logo.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

Lakers at home in yellow; Chicago in white, of course. Dammit.

Lakers are going to start wearing purple at home, aren't they?

EDIT: Also, ^^^^^ this guy above me has too many banners in his sig.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

Probably nothing much to come out of this...

But I did find it interesting how Ben Simmons randomly asked whether the Sixers should bring back the Iverson era black jerseys

77% say yes. Me too.

iverson-99.jpg?w=1170

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

13 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

But I did find it interesting how Ben Simmons randomly asked whether the Sixers should bring back the Iverson era black jerseys

Oh man, that would be spectacular.

Jaguars

13 hours ago, Around the Horn said:

Old guy speaking here, but is the early '00s now considered "old school?" Asking so I can brace myself for the resulting mental trauma.

1 hour ago, gosioux76 said:

Old guy speaking here, but is the early '00s now considered "old school?" Asking so I can brace myself for the resulting mental trauma.

Lol- was just thinking the same thing. They're essentially wearing the 'old-school' jerseys. 

I liked those unis but hated the colors. RWB would have been gorgeous. 

sig.png

Archived