NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Foxxtrot44 said:

That's what happens when you start chasing sales trends rather than focusing on building your brand. That switch to blue has done far more damage to the Jazz than I think anyone in 2004 anticipated.

Yet they can easily go back to (what's ultimately a variation) of their original color scheme just like that. It'd be cool to see them go with a darker, slightly redder purple (Plum?) in place of the navy blue and a lighter shade of green. I feel that this plum color would look excellent with their current shade of gold while standing out from a certain purple-and-gold team in Los Angeles.

Also, there are a number of directions the Jazz could've gone had they stick with it. IMO the Jazz were one of the few teams that could've stuck with and pulled off the mid-late 2000s double-blue had they paired it with the note logo. Of course, it would be more appropriate for them to use Purple/Light Blue in that case. They could've also transitioned to a set based off their Black/Purple/Copper look, too. I might have to make some mock-ups at some point to better illustrate this.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

17 minutes ago, Digby said:

A dark, kinda desaturated indigo would be perfect. Just a touch more purple than the current navy.

Maybe a little of the ol' hex#201b30?

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

3 hours ago, upperV03 said:

I think most people know by now it’s referring to the entire country of Canada, but the slogan itself makes it seem like they’re claiming that they’re the northernmost team in the league, which is why so many, including the Blazers, poke fun at it. 

How do we know this?

3 hours ago, upperV03 said:

A couple looks at the Sixers’ City uniforms in action:

DVE3zCbXkAANIqb?format=jpgDVExxEDWsAcTv-T?format=jpg

They look pretty good, I just wish they weren’t wearing the badly mismatched white tights with them.

Not horrible, but the script just bugs the hell out of me. It's too thin. Sure it's suppose to look like Thomas Jefferson's signature or whatever the Nike story was trying to tell us ... but, theres no balance with the thin script and bold number. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Ok. I concede. Now that I'm seeing them again, my opinion on the Magic's City uniforms has completely flipped. I freaking love them. That galaxy print has now bought itself a spot in my "ideal" Magic uniform.

What is that, you may ask? Well, here we go:

Association: White, grey uncurved (but still spaced out) pinstripes, galaxy print in primarily black side panels, blue "MAGIC" on front with blue NOB and #OB, star on shorts

Icon: Blue, same design as Association but with a white "ORLANDO" on the front with a white NOB and #OB

Statement: Black, blue pinstripes, galaxy print in primarily black side panels, white "ORLANDO" on front with white NOB and #OB, star on shorts

City: Same as current City uniform, but with "ORLANDO" on the front in white instead of the comet-ball

ExJworW.png

Thought: With the current design of the ASG jersey ... how long before we see a jersey without front numbers?

Granted we've kinda seen that with TV numbers on the sleeved jerseys, but are front numbers THAT necessary?

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

Couple looks at the debut of the Cavs’ City uniforms:

DVKRzsMW4AEX6RR?format=jpgDVKKzbdX0AU1Dvo?format=jpg

Actually looked pretty good. There's aspects of them i dont like, such as the logo under and armpit and the side panels not going all the way up. But the white and grey look good especially with the gold highlight

as for houston. I know they havent worn their city jerseys yet. I dont even care if they do. So uninspired. I bet they look around the league and are a little embarrassed. 

Archived