NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

It's probably about time to start this, so I'll open it up with this pic I was shown today.

That Nike logo is MASSIVE. There's a possibility that this is a prototype uni, but either way, the Nike logos will be on the tops and shorts next season (along with ads on the opposite side of the top for some teams). Not a great start for Nike here. Hopefully the rebrands they plan on spear-heading will make up for some of the other issues. Can't wait to see it all unfold!

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Nike logos are huge!

From the looks of it, Nike isn't forcing their wife beater template that is running rampant in the NCAA, on the NBA. That's huge, as that template is an abomination to basketball, and I can't imagine them putting hilariously long last names on those jerseys. 

They just need to shrink the Nike logos, and they are off to a good start.

I'm not sure, but this nike logo looks bigger than on "FIBA" jerseys, it's also looks bigger than StubHub patch.

BTW, I'm pretty sure that nike will use vapor/aeroswift template, but with standard cut not that wife beater.

4r2eer.png

On the one hand, "it could have been worse" can be said regarding uni ads.  On the other hand, it's an abomination and is pure profit for the league, which in no way will pass savings onto its fans.  I suppose NBA owners need more money so they can keep giving $80mil contracts to Ryan Anderson, but seriously, the NBA needs to be saved from itself.

I may be late to this, but are the Nike logos actually going to be on the uniforms?  I imagined it was going to be like Adidas where the logos stayed off the on-court uniform.  I was pumped that Nike got the NBA deal, but if the logos are going to be that big I have to admit this already feels like a bit of a let down.

90758391980.gif

That swoosh is astronomically huge. I hope that's just a prototype and that the real finished product scales it down.

Nike already has a good scale set for the swoosh on college basketball uniforms, why not just run with that from the get-go? This is a perfectly acceptable size:

IMG_5304.JPG

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

Archived