NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

5 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Yeah, the one thing holding me back from really going all in on Minnesota is the neon green as well. 

Part of me really wishes they would've tried out something like a mint green:

IMG_6728.thumb.JPG.c6e04a94c603fed2cb449bb6422811b3.JPG

Maybe I'm on an island there, but I think it would've looked great with navy and/or slate blue as a trim. 

I like this very much.  We need to start a movement.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't post on here ever, but I lurk around these forums everyday.  The local morning sports talk show here in Indy is hosted by the Pacers PA announcer.  A few months ago he mentioned on his radio show that he had seen the Pacers new uniforms and that they look really nice.  Around the same time this was mentioned on the radio show, I had heard from someone else who works for the team that the Pacers would have a new uniform design and a total of 5 uniforms for the upcoming season.  The uniforms would consist of a white uni, blue uni, yellow alternate, hickory throwback and a "city" alternate as it was told to me.  No design info was given to me, but I was skeptical at the time about the information in general, especially the "city" alternate.  Now that Nike has said what each team will have, then this information sounds a little more legit to me.

The Hawks are asking fans which uniform they'd like to see the team wear at home (though it's hard to say how much the fan input will actually factor in to the decision):

I wonder if any other teams, and if so, which ones, will follow suit and ask for fan input as well. I could definitely see the Hornets doing something similar, and probably a few other teams as well.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

35 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Yeah, the one thing holding me back from really going all in on Minnesota is the neon green as well. 

Maybe I'm on an island there, but I think it would've looked great with navy and/or slate blue as a trim. 

That color plus navy and a medium blue is pretty much the Asheville Tourists.  And yes, it is a good color combo.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

42 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I'm not sold on this with for the Timberwolves, but I definitely agree with the notion that some team needs to try incorporating it into their color scheme! 

If there's one North American league that could pull off a Primary/Clash system it's the NBA. Color on color doesn't impact the game as much as it does in say, football, where the NFL had the Red/Green color rush debacle a couple years ago. And physically hauling two sets of uniforms on a road trip isn't the same chore for a basketball team that it is for a hockey who needs to pack two bags of helmets and sweaters and socks. 

I'm finding myself actually okay with this. I hope a team with the heritage of say the Celtics continues to wear their whites at home and the Lakers in yellow at home, but for the rest of the league I like the idea of a team wearing their primary look 60 something times a year and then mix in an alternate the rest. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Unless it's a multiple-game trip, I doubt you'd need to take multiple uniforms. I was under the impression that teams have their uniforms for each game set before the season starts. The Cavs, for example, have published jersey schedules for each of the past two seasons, and they include road games.

1 minute ago, CitizenTino said:

Unless it's a multiple-game trip, I doubt you'd need to take multiple uniforms. I was under the impression that teams have their uniforms for each game set before the season starts. The Cavs, for example, have published jersey schedules for each of the past two seasons, and they include road games.

That may not be the case now that the uniform policies have been relaxed and changed.

I may be in the minority here, but does anyone feel that the 1994-95 season was among the best for uniforms league wide? I see a lot of posters wishing teams would return to a particular jersey and most, if not all, of those uniforms were in use during that season.  With the exception of the Cavs, I think the other 26 teams had looks that ranged from satisfactory to excellent.

12 minutes ago, CitizenTino said:

That may have been true in the past, but I'm getting the sense that it's a little more loosey-goosey now. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

1 minute ago, Satomiblood said:

I may be in the minority here, but does anyone feel that the 1994-95 season was among the best for uniforms league wide? I see a lot of posts, wishing teams would return to a particular jersey and most, if not all, of those uniforms were in use during that season  With the exception of the Cavs, I think the other 26 teams had looks that ranged from satisfactory to excellent.

It was a pretty darn good year for uniforms, that's for sure. Not perfect across the board, but you still had some classic standouts like the championship Rockets, classic Pistons, and Shaq Magic, along with the Richmond-era Kings and Dikembe-era Nuggets that were great 90's products before things got too wacky. It was a great mix of classic and (good) modern.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

3 hours ago, Conrad. said:

Or maybe just the jersey sponsor?

It was James Jones retiring and joining the front office as VP of Basketball Operations.

womp-womp-womp-womp-womp.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

4 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

It definitely should have been purple. There's no historical preference for wearing gold, and with the navy and forest green, I think it's gonna look ugly anyways.

Besides that, I'm really sick of navy-gold-forest green. The navy and green don't contrast well at all, and no matter how many times I try to run with it, the Jazz just aren't a "navy team" to me. If they insist on it though, I'm perfectly fine with a purple alternate to satisfy the want. I've been advocating for it for a long time.

I have to disagree on this. Navy, gold and green look very nice together and is very unique for the NBA. No other teams use that scheme. Granted no teams are using the purple, gold, green scheme either, but that one does not look good to me. 

I would love for us to have the "classic edition" and do the purple mountain jersey.

But I think the gold jersey will look very nice, I trust the Jazz and Nike to put out a good product. Team president Steve Starks also said on twitter he's very confident fans will love the 4 jerseys. (although all team presidents would day that).

39 minutes ago, Satomiblood said:

I may be in the minority here, but does anyone feel that the 1994-95 season was among the best for uniforms league wide? I see a lot of posters wishing teams would return to a particular jersey and most, if not all, of those uniforms were in use during that season  With the exception of the Cavs, I think the other 26 teams had looks that ranged from satisfactory to excellent.

I dunno, for me it'd be 89-90 - what the Bucks, Nuggets, Mavs, Pacers, Nets and Kings were wearing was better than the 90s equivalents, the rest of the teams were still rocking classic looks, plus the 4 expansion teams were still new & exciting uni-wise. Only the Cavs looked better in '95 - but anything would be better than the ultra-boring Knicks rip-offs they were wearing.

39 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

It was a pretty darn good year for uniforms, that's for sure. Not perfect across the board, but you still had some classic standouts like the championship Rockets, classic Pistons, and Shaq Magic, along with the Richmond-era Kings and Dikembe-era Nuggets that were great 90's products before things got too wacky. It was a great mix of classic and (good) modern.

That was also the beginning of alternates for a few teams: Magic, Suns, Hawks, Hornets, and Pistons. I liked this season because it was the last year before things got totally crazy with the Giant-Logo-On-Jersey phase the league adopted for a few years. Things started to settle down a little bit in 1999-00 with simpler, cleaner looks.

1 hour ago, Discogod said:

I dunno, for me it'd be 89-90 - what the Bucks, Nuggets, Mavs, Pacers, Nets and Kings were wearing was better than the 90s equivalents, the rest of the teams were still rocking classic looks, plus the 4 expansion teams were still new & exciting uni-wise. Only the Cavs looked better in '95 - but anything would be better than the ultra-boring Knicks rip-offs they were wearing.

The three teams bolded had grotesque uniforms that would be laughed at if not worn in the 1980s. The Nuggets were especially bad. I know there's a lot of affinity for the rainbow uniforms, but...they suck. I thought they did it right by changing their scheme in 1994.

The Pacers 80s uniforms were inferior to both the early 90s and late 90s uniforms. That white stripe across the chest ruins the look.

The Bucks were not as bad as the other two but they were inferior to the home and road uniforms that succeeded them. Now the 90s alts are pretty bad, but it's not bad enough to drag the whole set down.

I didn't even get to other teams with awful uniforms like the Cavaliers. Eek.

NSFCvyu.png

4 hours ago, upperV03 said:

The Hawks are asking fans which uniform they'd like to see the team wear at home (though it's hard to say how much the fan input will actually factor in to the decision):

I wonder if any other teams, and if so, which ones, will follow suit and ask for fan input as well. I could definitely see the Hornets doing something similar, and probably a few other teams as well.

NIKE ANNOUNCED?  Nike is allowing them?

So Nike is running the league now?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived