NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

17 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Huh, I'd say this new wishbone collar is actually considerably better than this:

IMG_6456.JPG.d547b46bf5f8c5f09d51121b76b18f26.JPG

Granted, it's still not a good look per se, but at least it doesn't have that damn horizontal line connecting to the colored piping of the wishbone shape.

I guess I'm in the extreme minority, but I liked it a lot better how it was.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, projectjohn said:

I'm in the middle -- I think Adidas' continuity of material is better than Nike's raised material, but I think Nike's elimination of the horizontal blue line/seam is better than Adidas' inclusion of it. Between the Warriors' jersey and now these, Nike's wishbone collars are already really starting to bother me.

23 minutes ago, projectjohn said:

I am in the minority, too, I guess. I love that line.

If Nike cannot replicate it though, I don't understand persisting with it. 

1 hour ago, projectjohn said:

I figured it'd stay looking the same since Nike was the one that initially pioneered it back in the early 2000s.

Isn't it ironic, don't you think?

Fyi it was 1999, and unless the Lakers go back to the Showtime era neck holes what with Magic and Lonzo's bromance and all, we'll likely see this for the Lakers, Heat and Mavs, as well. I guess it could've been worse.

18 hours ago, honeybadger said:

The Cavs uni would have looked good if it came out in something like 2010, now it already looks dated.

I disagree, because this this style of uniform has never looked good.

There were much better uniforms before the piping era and after the piping era (including the uniforms the Cavaliers just had). This uniform just makes you want one of those. 

22 minutes ago, suns1977 said:

So far these ads aren't completely destroying the look like I thought they would.  (From @darrenrovell on Twitter.)

Ads.jpg

Some are more seamless than others. I think Sacramento/Blue Diamond, Boston/GE, Cleveland/Goodyear, and Utah/5FTF look the best. infor at least looks better in Brooklyn B&W than its native company colors, but the boxier the sponsor patches are, the more out of place they look. That's kind of why I'm not really big on the Disney, StubHub, Flagstar, and infor patches. They just don't blend in with their respective jerseys as well as the others.

For Orlando, I think the Disney mouse ears logo would've made for a better patch. It's still iconic enough that people will recognize who the sponsor is.

7 minutes ago, Satomiblood said:

Some are more seamless than others. I think Sacramento/Blue Diamond, Boston/GE, Cleveland/Goodyear, and Utah/5FTF look the best. infor at least looks better in Brooklyn B&W than its native company colors, but the boxier the sponsor patches are, the more out of place they look. That's kind of why I'm not really big on the Disney, StubHub, Flagstar, and infor patches. They just don't blend in with their respective jerseys as well as the others.

Agreed.  I think Utah's and Sac's are the best fit (style & color).

They all piss me off.  Utah's the least bad because it reminds me of that "goals for kids" patch in Winnipeg.  The worst are contrasting colors in a rectangle (Detroit, Brooklyn, Philly) 

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived