NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, I have a very nitpicky complaint about the Detroit uniform.  It kind of bothers me that the D in DETROIT on the blue uniform is Red, but the D on the shorts is blue.  I feel like they should have switched that to match for each set, if that makes sense. 

1 hour ago, kutztown said:

Looks like the Sixers are getting closer to a reveal.  Chris Heck just posted another teaser with the hashtag #jerseyupnext

DFvnmDDXYAI5XOh.jpg:large

What is the point of having another white star of different material on top of an existing white star? I feel like this would look cleaner if it was just the "background" white star only.

14 minutes ago, peterjames_6 said:

What is the point of having another white star of different material on top of an existing white star? I feel like this would look cleaner if it was just the "background" white star only.

They did something similar last year, albeit with different materials. 

53 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

One thing I didn't notice about the new Pistons uniforms yesterday is that they switched the color sequence of the striping on the white uniform.

New:

IMG_6487.thumb.JPG.63ca46ccdeaede83879f32095c41fefd.JPG

It's weird that they'd even bother inverting the side panel colors, but the slow drip of Nike reveals thus far has been full of curious changes.

28 minutes ago, gopistons899004 said:

So what's the point of having this logo if you're the Pistons?

770737-1-.jpg

Probably to give us something to complain about on this message board... or actually to give them an excuse to use "chrome" as a team color. I'm sure with this logo, we'll see some version of the GFGS Detroit Chrome jersey in the new template.

42 minutes ago, Satomiblood said:

It's weird that they'd even bother inverting the side panel colors, but the slow drip of Nike reveals thus far has been full of curious changes.

Something about the balance of the red font on the front and making the blue stripe first actually does make the jersey a little better imo.

2 minutes ago, buckeye said:

Something about the balance of the red font on the front and making the blue stripe first actually does make the jersey a little better imo.

I agree. It looked like too much red when looking at the uniform from the front.

23 minutes ago, buckeye said:

Oh yeah, I definitely agree that it looks much more balanced with the blue stripe in front. I just think it's an odd choice to change it now since they've historically always had the red stripe in front with this striping pattern:

IMG_6491.thumb.JPG.df75a7e33894c5aa76153efe3d2adebf.JPG

IMG_6492.thumb.JPG.1586650dfc88353035e297c6aa7727cd.JPG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

One thing I didn't notice about the new Pistons uniforms yesterday is that they switched the color sequence of the striping on the white uniform.

New:

IMG_6487.thumb.JPG.63ca46ccdeaede83879f32095c41fefd.JPG

I feel better about these, but I still hate the interlocking DP logo.@gopistons899004 should have used that logo on the shorts, IMO. 

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

8 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Oh yeah, I definitely agree that it looks much more balanced with the blue stripe in front. I just think it's an odd choice to change it now since they've historically always had the red stripe in front with this striping pattern:

IMG_6491.thumb.JPG.df75a7e33894c5aa76153efe3d2adebf.JPG

Look at all the blood on Isiah's shorts. That wouldn't fly now.

On 7/26/2017 at 8:44 AM, CLEstones said:

That's all fine and well... you can spin it any way you want.  Its still a bad look.

I didn’t spin it any way. The identity is bad on its own merits, not because they use black and navy together, because they don’t.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived