NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Conrad. said:

^ yea, I'm not sold on that Suns pic being a legit leak.

seems like someone could have used that photorealistic template from here and made those. the SUNS wordmark is off and I'm pretty certain the PHOENIX wordmark on the purple uni should be white/grey.

Agreed.  And the side trim looks off from the Chinese leak.

And for the love of all things holy, remove black from the home jersey.  End rant.

2 hours ago, peterjames_6 said:

What is the point of having another white star of different material on top of an existing white star? I feel like this would look cleaner if it was just the "background" white star only.

Texture. Good uniform design gives you everything you need and nothing you don't from 60 feet, but then has a little something extra from 6 feet, and maybe even something else from 6 inches. I’m not saying this is best execution of that principle, but that’s the theory.

1 hour ago, IceBurgs70 said:

I agree. It looked like too much red when looking at the uniform from the front.

That’s why I always thought they should alternate the colors of the panels (that is, always keep the blue on the left and the red on the right as you view it instead of mirroring it so one color alwYs faces the front) so that from the front and back, you get a red and a blue stripe, and from the side, you still get the same.

Whereas the old look was too red-heavy from the front, I fear this one will be too red heavy from the back, unless they reverse the number, which may also look odd.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

3 hours ago, peterjames_6 said:

Probably to give us something to complain about on this message board... or actually to give them an excuse to use "chrome" as a team color. I'm sure with this logo, we'll see some version of the GFGS Detroit Chrome jersey in the new template.

This.

One of the beat writers also said on Twitter that the Motor City navy uniforms will also still be used, so my hope for the return of the old red alternate is apparently dashed..

1 hour ago, Conrad. said:

^ yea, I'm not sold on that Suns pic being a legit leak.

seems like someone could have used that photorealistic template from here and made those. the SUNS wordmark is off and I'm pretty certain the PHOENIX wordmark on the purple uni should be white/grey.

Shame :(

1 hour ago, newenglandpatriots said:

Looks like the Suns have leaked

IMG_4875.JPG

Legit or not, those are very nice.  I'd still like to see the black replaced with purple on the white and orange jerseys.

No way those suns jerseys are legit. 

That is just the template created of the GSW uniform. You can tell because there is a circular patch of smoothness right underneath the collar from shopping the golden state logo off the uniform.

And why would they give phx a wishbone collar like that anyway?

cotw_sig_by_bucksfan5-d7bwj72.png

SugarBowl_zps07e2b2c9.png

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I like the Phoenix script but overall I think it's a downgrade as of now. No burst.... all they had to do is get rid of the butt stripe imo

edit: probably fake so disregard if it is indeed fake. How did I not notice the first time! Collar looks like **** and I see the warriors circle too now

1 hour ago, suns1977 said:

Bron has a hairline, so I'd say yes. :P

He had hair surgery two years ago to fix the loss.  Doesn't wear the headband as much to cover it up.  

I'd say that's a real photo.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived