Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

Why is it only the two main uniforms for each team are being unveiled? Is it to just get things rolling and they don't have the other two uniforms ready yet?

Just now, the_Raptors_king said:

would throwback jerseys have ads?

Screen Shot 2017-07-31 at 1.52.24 PM.png

Tell me we're getting this throwback jersey please! :)

I have to say, this recent wave of changes has brought out a lot of odd moves across the league. The Pacers' circular wordmark, the Blazers keeping silver and mismatching text/number outlines, the Pistons switching colors on the dual stripe, and now the Hornets with the collar and replacing "Charlotte" with "Hornets" on the teal set....its all just random and I don't see much reason or rhyme behind a lot of choices being made by these teams. And then you hear of extremes like the Jazz potentially getting a gradient alt and it just about tips the weird boat over altogether.

I don't know what to categorize the full Nike switch as so far. It's neither great nor bad, and there isn't really even anything save shoulder trim cutoffs that templates are drastically effecting on these uniforms, so there's no disaster to chalk up to simply a bad template yet. It's not like Reebok Edge, NHL-to-Adidas, or NFL-to-Nike in that vein. It's just weird, odd, random quirks that teams for some reason are pursuing, and it's amounted to the great Confused-Mark-Wahlberg-face-.gif of league-wide change offseasons.

2 minutes ago, MkDon said:

Tell me we're getting this throwback jersey please! :)

Good lord, this would be awesome.  Love this jersey.

1 hour ago, suns1977 said:

Right now it's a big bowl of MEH for me regarding the Hornets.  

It just doesn't pop, and I was expecting that with their color combo.

The Hornets uniforms are very boring.  I've never liked their new identity, hard to put my finger on what I don't like -- might be the numbers.  I hate to become a full-time "the past is always better!" guy but I strongly prefer the look from the Baron Davis era.  I know this isn't exactly a new thought or idea, but an update of those uniforms would be the way I would go.  Or hell, just make em exactly the same.  Long live the era from when I was a kid!!!!

baron-davis-304.jpg

1 minute ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

The Hornets uniforms are very boring.  I've never liked their new identity, hard to put my finger on what I don't like -- might be the numbers.  I hate to become a full-time "the past is always better!" guy but I strongly prefer the look from the Baron Davis era.  I know this isn't exactly a new thought or idea, but an update of those uniforms would be the way I would go.  Or hell, just make em exactly the same.  Long live the era from when I was a kid!!!!

baron-davis-304.jpg

Couldn't agree more.  I'm same way with 90's Suns 'sunburst' jerseys.

This Hornets jersey is perfect.  B Davis doing his best MJ impression, LOL.

18 minutes ago, DC in Da House w/o a Doubt said:

baron-davis-304.jpg

I always wondered why they never made purple alternates based on this template. They would've looked nice.

1 minute ago, mmejia said:

Side by side look at Rockets new vs old:

new rox jersey.png

God, those old uni's shoulders are just awful.  They're bigger than the Grand Canyon.

I apologize if this has been posted, but has anyone else seen anything in regards to the Timberwolves new uniforms?

This appears to be the "road" and "home" jersey and seems legit as it has the fitbit patch as well as Nike swoosh.  It also has the tree pattern side panel which was part of the "tease" back in March/April.

https://twitter.com/marqualler/status/883123816158965760/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2Fmarqualler%2Fstatus%2F883099897649545216

13 minutes ago, lmh1194 said:

I apologize if this has been posted, but has anyone else seen anything in regards to the Timberwolves new uniforms?

This appears to be the "road" and "home" jersey.  

Here's a little help:

Those Wolves' unis are most probably just fan-made mockups, as is the court. They don't have the same numer font that those team tees posted recently had on them.

Change the number font, and that's a very successfully designed look.