NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

12 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Wait - that jersey isn't folded?  That's actually a seam on the right side going from the collar down under the sleeve?  Jesus mother :censored:ing christ.  It's actually closer to a football template than a basketball one.

And here's how it looks on a player

IMG_1763.PNG

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, insert name said:

No one outside of Nike will call it "association" and "icon". 

People will probably just call them by their color.

It'll be hard to say one is a "road" uniform and one is a "home" uniform if there is no regularity to which one they wear where.

28 minutes ago, JTrainGBR83 said:

Probably in the minority here too, but take away the butt stripe (and the side stripe) and the Suns purple away unis would be in my favorite 5 or 6 in the league.

Bledsoe_Laugh.0.jpeg

I like the road jerseys minus the butt stripe.

The collar needs fixing IMHO too.

But the set is ruined be the hideous home orange/black.  Zero sense to mismatch like that.

7 hours ago, BucksFan5 said:

Am I the only one who doesn't hate the armholes?

I like them.  Like I wrote earlier, I think it's an interesting design that should provide freedom of motion with a tight armhole.  In previous iterations of the modern slim cut, players who wanted more room had simply sized up.  Perhaps now they won't need to.  

could they simply sublimate the pattern onto that piece that isn't the normal striping material?

In other news, word on the street (just rumor, nothing from the team other than paying attention to their marketing), is that the Sixers will go with blue at home this year, save for a few big games.  It's unknown what their 4th jersey will be.  Someone posted a black Iverson jersey earlier in the thread, but I think that was just a 'shop.  Actually, it's unknown what their third jersey will be, since they've all but eliminated red from their marketing.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

As with everything else that is speculation at this point, I don't know how legitimate this is or how accurate it is, but this could give us a good idea of the Wolves "Icon" and "Association" jerseys.  This is the first time I have seen the actual font and numerical fonts on the uniform match what has been floating around with the Wolves marketing department for their "NEW Era, New Look" campaign.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Someone on r/timberwolves saw the white and navy unis on 2K18 and gave a basic description, so here&#39;s my updated estimation / prediction... <a href="https://t.co/5GHIq4u09W">pic.twitter.com/5GHIq4u09W</a></p>&mdash; Conrad Burry ??? (@conradburry) <a href="https://twitter.com/conradburry/status/892540198625652737">August 2, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived