NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, UncleJunior said:

I like the "Brotherly Love" script on the bottom. As for this Stub Hub patch...eh!!!! The oversized Nike swoosh..tad obnoxious
Nothing you can do about it, all the jerseys will have some ad on them.

Every time I see a new Sixers jersey, I can just say to myself "well it could be MUCH MUCH worse!" ?
These from the early 90s...wow these were painfully bad!
YXgxpvu.png

Those jerseys, particularly the RWB stars, have always reminded me of a tube of Aquafresh.

So the Bulls are planning on wearing red primarily at home now? That sucks

I'm not a fan at all of this "association" and "icon" and "wear whatever, wherever" crap. White at home, dark on the road was never a broken system and thus never needed fixing.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

9 minutes ago, Conrad. said:

"I like the "4 Stars" on the waistband."

In a vacuum, yes, but looks bad paired with the jersey IMO.

22 minutes ago, Conrad. said:

I mentioned it earlier that the shorts would've looked good with the Bull on the waistband, but you're right in that it's redundant. The 4 stars are a nice reprieve from the usual primary/secondary logos we've seen. It also makes the Bulls uniforms come off as more authentic.

5 minutes ago, Satomiblood said:

I mentioned it earlier that the shorts would've looked good with the Bull on the waistband, but you're right in that it's redundant. The 4 stars are a nice reprieve from the usual primary/secondary logos we've seen. It also makes the Bulls uniforms come off as more authentic.

Man, on Uniforms like this. We're talking perfect uniforms there's really no need for the waistband logo.

The striping on the waistband is so right for the bulls and the patch disrupts that.

Another example where a streamlined template goes wrong.

ATL

The notch in the shorts disrupts the flow of the stripes on the Bulls shorts, but this is probably the least bad outcome for them. It'll be interesting how it plays out on actual uniforms.

The stars are as good a stand-in for over-bulling the shorts as there could be, but are causing a lot of derp about why and the design doesn't really work on a red backdrop on the red uniform.

15 minutes ago, mike2sana said:

Man, on Uniforms like this. We're talking perfect uniforms there's really no need for the waistband logo.

The striping on the waistband is so right for the bulls and the patch disrupts that.

Another example where a streamlined template goes wrong.

I'd rather not have anything there at all. It's more of a "pick the lesser evil" preference than anything.

If true, I wonder if Capital One (a company based in Northern Virginia) will also be the jersey sponsor.  At least the logo colors would match the unis.

Edit:  separate confirmation from the local sports radio station:

Like others have said on Twitter, fans will be calling it the "Capital Center" in no time. ?

Archived