Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

Germanshepherd    538

As much as I think teams should wear colors at home in all sports, basketball included. I also think that should be uniform across the sport. It's gonna look odd when it's half and half. 

mike2sana    63
5 minutes ago, Satomiblood said:

I mentioned it earlier that the shorts would've looked good with the Bull on the waistband, but you're right in that it's redundant. The 4 stars are a nice reprieve from the usual primary/secondary logos we've seen. It also makes the Bulls uniforms come off as more authentic.

Man, on Uniforms like this. We're talking perfect uniforms there's really no need for the waistband logo.

The striping on the waistband is so right for the bulls and the patch disrupts that.

Another example where a streamlined template goes wrong.

RichO    209

The notch in the shorts disrupts the flow of the stripes on the Bulls shorts, but this is probably the least bad outcome for them. It'll be interesting how it plays out on actual uniforms.

The stars are as good a stand-in for over-bulling the shorts as there could be, but are causing a lot of derp about why and the design doesn't really work on a red backdrop on the red uniform.

Satomiblood    96
15 minutes ago, mike2sana said:

Man, on Uniforms like this. We're talking perfect uniforms there's really no need for the waistband logo.

The striping on the waistband is so right for the bulls and the patch disrupts that.

Another example where a streamlined template goes wrong.

I'd rather not have anything there at all. It's more of a "pick the lesser evil" preference than anything.

RichO    209

If these waist patches are going to be a thing, one of the western teams need to go full-on belt buckle with the design.

If they're going to do it, do it all the way.

FinsUp1214    1,795

Yeah, the four stars are really uneccesary on the waistband. The stars are so small that they make the band stripes look too abruptly cut off for no reason. 

Yet another odd change for the sake of it.

keynote    219

If true, I wonder if Capital One (a company based in Northern Virginia) will also be the jersey sponsor.  At least the logo colors would match the unis.

Edit:  separate confirmation from the local sports radio station:

Like others have said on Twitter, fans will be calling it the "Capital Center" in no time. ?

kabbey520    19
2 hours ago, spockEars7 said:

Seeing the Swoosh on a classic like this, with all it's history, just doesn't feel right. I didn't really mind it on the other jerseys that have been revealed.

If the Swoosh (or Jumpman) logo should be on any uniform, it should be the Bulls.

keynote    219
5 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Never realized how the Verizon Center(re) resembles the Saddledome.

2 minutes ago, insert name said:

This isn't the Verizon Center. 

No, it's the Capital Centre, in Landover, MD -- the previous home of the Bullets and Capitals.  

shaydre1019    210
47 minutes ago, keynote said:

If true, I wonder if Capital One (a company based in Northern Virginia) will also be the jersey sponsor.  At least the logo colors would match the unis.

Edit:  separate confirmation from the local sports radio station:

Assuming Pringles never sponsored that building...that was a huge missed opportunity. 

peterjames_6    14
1 hour ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Yeah, the four stars are really uneccesary on the waistband. The stars are so small that they make the band stripes look too abruptly cut off for no reason. 

Yet another odd change for the sake of it.

THIS. It's ridiculous that the "belt buckle" has to be a rectangular patch of some sort. They could've just put 4 stars right there in between the stripes so it wouldn't look cut off.

WSU151    2,398
33 minutes ago, shaydre1019 said:

Assuming Pringles never sponsored that building...that was a huge missed opportunity. 

Saddledome is kind of the same shape though, right?

WSU151    2,398
40 minutes ago, keynote said:

No, it's the Capital Centre, in Landover, MD -- the previous home of the Bullets and Capitals.  

Bingo...Capital Centre...Capital One Center...the tweet is trying to make a connection.

WSU151    2,398
59 minutes ago, keynote said:

Looks like same 70s-inspired set as years past, and not the look worn in the playoffs.

tyst13    22

For all the talk of putting the Bull logo on the waistband be "over-bulling" the shorts, wouldn't that be kinda appropriate for this team? :P

bullscourt_15161.jpg

HoopsCoach55    16
2 hours ago, Conrad. said:

I think it would look better if the white patch with red stars was on the waistband of the red shorts, and the red patch with white stars on the white shorts. Keeps the abrupt stop of the waist stripes from being quite as noticeable and annoying.