NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

32 minutes ago, Colorsism said:

Im still curious to see if they will photoshop him into a different uniform if he gets traded or if they'll just keep it as is. 

I'm assuming it would be the same as with Brett Favre on Madden 09. Released the copies of him in Packers Jersey and let people download and print a new one of him in a Jets jersey. Then they started to sell Jets versions once the initial stock was sold. With the way things are connected online now too, I'll bet they update all the start screens to if he is traded.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, peterjames_6 said:

Its annoying that this new template got rid of one of their coolest design elements, the negative space "W" under the star element on the side panel of the shorts. I get the functionality of the overlapping fabric, but the offset slit ruins it!

Old for reference:
Image result for washington wizards shorts side panel

Always wondered if it was on purpose or the W just happened.

1 hour ago, peterjames_6 said:

Its annoying that this new template got rid of one of their coolest design elements, the negative space "W" under the star element on the side panel of the shorts. I get the functionality of the overlapping fabric, but the offset slit ruins it!

Old for reference:
Image result for washington wizards shorts side panel

I was worried about this as well, but now that I see the new template, I don't miss the "W" as much as I thought I would.  For starters, the new template still has a "W" of sorts in the negative space (only without the notch in the bottom). 

nike-unis-1080-11-320-320.jpg

And, it's not as if the "W" in the old version matched the font used in the wordmark and elsewhere; it was just a random, oddly-styled "W."  It's similar to the "M" in the Timberwolves' shorts in that regard:  it's cute that it's there, but it's not *that* tied into the rest of the graphic identity. 

So, I don't think it's a big deal to have a slightly different-looking "W" in the negative space in the new template.  My only beef with the new shorts is that the vertical side panel is wider than the star.  I'm not sure why they couldn't make the star the same width as the panel.  :-/

This is the perfect opportunity for the Knicks to turn back the clock and bring back the old logo and uniform. This current set has done nothing for me. It was poorly executed which perfectly describes this era of the Knicks. 

XM4KeeA.png

1 hour ago, Zilla2K said:

Spurs

IMG_0411.PNG

Rounded collar again? Sweet if that's the case!

And it's hard to tell if that's the new wordmark or not. Either way, it doesn't look so far like they're straying too much, which is good. 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

6 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

And it's hard to tell if that's the new wordmark or not. Either way, it doesn't look so far like they're straying too much, which is good. 

The collar is definitely rounded. AIso, I might be wrong, but it looks like they removed the side stripe

2 hours ago, Ark said:

Any word on the Knicks uniforms? This is their previous uniform:

2FUagXb.jpg

But given the new templates it seems like they will have to use something like this:

DF7lmTvXsAAxqvY.jpg

DFiTPTLXkAEfCu4.jpg

Yep, it looks like that's exactly what the Knicks did:

IMG_6656.thumb.PNG.467cb3b0ea66852b7ab58952b8c3e7b5.PNGIMG_6657.thumb.PNG.95b398adcb8ba50071ac9eff6faa051b.PNG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Hopefully they'll go back to the rounded collar & re-add the waistband stripe. With the addition of the logo, it should look exactly like the Bulls' waistband.

8 minutes ago, JESSEDIEBOLT said:

First look at some of the new Nike merch.

http://www.nba.com/kings/gal?Kings Exclusive Nike Apparel 2017-18

Nice.  A month or so ago I saw some leaks of some other things (I forgot where) and you'll see that a lot of the t-shirt and sweatshirt designs are identical to the NFL apparel that is out now.

3 minutes ago, DJT said:

Cavs, soon. 

Jazz not this week but soon.

Wizards tomorrow. 

Nuggets on the 8th. 

Wolves on the 11th. 

Wish there were more firm dates. 

Also Ronnie 2k asked Conrad to follow him. Wonder what that could be. 

Wizards was today. Few pages back. 

Archived