Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

mr.nascar13    653
9 minutes ago, CS85 said:

Wizards number font kind of still blows, however.  

Who the hell comes up with these overdone, awful fonts?  Why, Nike?  

I think Nike gets a pass for the Wizards. I believe that's that same font they had with Adidas, so I guess it's #BlameAdidas. 

Teal    77
6 minutes ago, Zilla2K said:

Atlanta's uniform in 2K. Seems to have removed that pattern they had

IMG_0410.PNG

So much better in my opinion.

Teal    77
16 minutes ago, Colorsism said:

Im still curious to see if they will photoshop him into a different uniform if he gets traded or if they'll just keep it as is. 

Same...

upperV03    2,167
10 minutes ago, Colorsism said:

A looks at the Hawks Unis and Wizards court

uzfQ6hZB.jpg

That's the same court they've had for a few years now:

IMG_6650.thumb.JPG.77c393fcc29c0d2f8917f5f1c1ebee02.JPGIMG_6652.thumb.JPG.949b20835bafcae0fa86fd35b3ed1c7c.JPG

-Akronite-    134

Hawks pattern doesn't bother me. Their colors and alternate logos don't thrill me but the worst part of their identity is when they choose to mismatch jerseys and shorts.

Eszcz21    25
32 minutes ago, Colorsism said:

Im still curious to see if they will photoshop him into a different uniform if he gets traded or if they'll just keep it as is. 

I'm assuming it would be the same as with Brett Favre on Madden 09. Released the copies of him in Packers Jersey and let people download and print a new one of him in a Jets jersey. Then they started to sell Jets versions once the initial stock was sold. With the way things are connected online now too, I'll bet they update all the start screens to if he is traded.

RichO    215
1 hour ago, peterjames_6 said:

Its annoying that this new template got rid of one of their coolest design elements, the negative space "W" under the star element on the side panel of the shorts. I get the functionality of the overlapping fabric, but the offset slit ruins it!

Old for reference:
Image result for washington wizards shorts side panel

Always wondered if it was on purpose or the W just happened.

keynote    219
1 hour ago, peterjames_6 said:

Its annoying that this new template got rid of one of their coolest design elements, the negative space "W" under the star element on the side panel of the shorts. I get the functionality of the overlapping fabric, but the offset slit ruins it!

Old for reference:
Image result for washington wizards shorts side panel

I was worried about this as well, but now that I see the new template, I don't miss the "W" as much as I thought I would.  For starters, the new template still has a "W" of sorts in the negative space (only without the notch in the bottom). 

nike-unis-1080-11-320-320.jpg

And, it's not as if the "W" in the old version matched the font used in the wordmark and elsewhere; it was just a random, oddly-styled "W."  It's similar to the "M" in the Timberwolves' shorts in that regard:  it's cute that it's there, but it's not *that* tied into the rest of the graphic identity. 

So, I don't think it's a big deal to have a slightly different-looking "W" in the negative space in the new template.  My only beef with the new shorts is that the vertical side panel is wider than the star.  I'm not sure why they couldn't make the star the same width as the panel.  :-/

Ark    592

Any word on the Knicks uniforms? This is their previous uniform:

2FUagXb.jpg

But given the new templates it seems like they will have to use something like this:

DF7lmTvXsAAxqvY.jpg

DFiTPTLXkAEfCu4.jpg

insert name    1,343

This is the perfect opportunity for the Knicks to turn back the clock and bring back the old logo and uniform. This current set has done nothing for me. It was poorly executed which perfectly describes this era of the Knicks. 

CLEstones    248
44 minutes ago, RichO said:

Always wondered if it was on purpose or the W just happened.

There is no way Adidas didn't fall bass akwards into that design element.

FinsUp1214    1,798
1 hour ago, Zilla2K said:

Spurs

IMG_0411.PNG

Rounded collar again? Sweet if that's the case!

And it's hard to tell if that's the new wordmark or not. Either way, it doesn't look so far like they're straying too much, which is good.