NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, mjd77 said:

It's looking like Denver may be the biggest uniform losers this summer, although I'm still a little scared as to what Phoenix has in store.

Jared Dudley on Twitter raved about them.  A beat writer who saw them also said he couldn't wait for the fans to see them.

I still have my doubts, LOL.

11 minutes ago, -Akronite- said:

I think they are great as an alternate, but I didn't like how they wore them through the whole playoffs. But I think that might be the more popular opinion.

I agree.  I'm a fan of teams wearing their primaries during the playoffs, so as to better reinforce their primary brand identity. 

To that end, it was ill-advised for the Wizards to take a one-season alt that they had already decided to mothball in 2017-18 (as per the WaPo article), and wear them during the entire playoffs.  Why build equity in a design that they had already decided to abandon?  They didn't even have enough inventory of those jerseys meet demand -- so by wearing them, they were advertising a product they couldn't sell.  They had to rush to print up some cheap stars-n-stripes t-shirts instead.  The entire thing was a mismanagement of their branding assets -- which should come as no surprise, given their willingness to frequently mismanage their basketball assets.

24 minutes ago, Zilla2K said:

Memphis Grizzlies 

IMG_0415.JPG

It' hasn't changed much, but it's very Miami Heat.  Two main colors, white, and yellow accents (and yellow doesn't show up in the wordmark or numbers).

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

14 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

It' hasn't changed much, but it's very Miami Heat.  Two main colors, white, and yellow accents (and yellow doesn't show up in the wordmark or numbers).

There are 3 shades of blue, plus yellow. The only white I see is the swoosh.

Archived