NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

1 hour ago, Shadojoker said:

According to @Conrad. twitter conversation with Derf Diggler, regarding Golden State alternate uniforms.

It looks like their Chinese New Year will be "Blue and Gold with a dragon on the logo" and "The Slate unis will have "The Town" with an Oak Tree".

Source:

https://mobile.twitter.com/phredroq

Hopefully we see a mockup within the week! 

I've never been to Oakland, so I assume "The Town" is a local thing. But I honestly think of the movie The Town instantly when I hear that, and thus think of Boston instead. That'll take some getting used to. 

Also very interesting that they're apparently going with the white 70's-80's version as thier throwback. Not a bad one at all - it at least does the "text and circle" bit a whole lot better than the current does - but I too would've preferred Run TMC if they wanted a white set to throwback to. 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, ChicagoOakland said:

Considering how much of a fan favorite their gold "The City" jerseys have been for so long, it really is baffling why they would want to pull out the white throwbacks...

As an Oakland native, I am looking forward to those rumored "The Town" jerseys though.

I would say probably because of $$. If fans have bought a lot of the yellow "the city" jerseys, having a totally new spin on "the city" like we see above could improve jersey sales even more

2 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I've never been to Oakland, so I assume "The Town" is a local thing. But I honestly think of the movie The Town instantly when I hear that, and thus think of Boston instead. That'll take some getting used to. 

Also very interesting that they're apparently going with the white 70's-80's version as thier throwback. Not a bad one at all - it at least does the "text and circle" bit a whole lot better than the current does - but I too would've preferred Run TMC if they wanted a white set to throwback to. 

I live in Northern California and the only nickname I've seen Oakland referred to is Oak Town much like Sac Town for Sacramento. It just seems like a last ditch effort by the Warriors to rally the Oakland fans into supporting them as they move San Francisco in 2019. The next 3 years of sports for Oakland are extremely brutal because you have two major teams leaving and one team on the verge of leaving.

bSLCtu2.png

2 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

@Teal

Utah,Cavs,Denver,Memphis, Phoenix I believe will be this week.

No word on Milwaukee, Dallas, Spurs, Clippers..damn..actually there's a lot we don't know even though we know a LOT!

I feel Minnesota was rumored for next week but I could be wrong. 

6 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

I live in Northern California and the only nickname I've seen Oakland referred to is Oak Town much like Sac Town for Sacramento. It just seems like a last ditch effort by the Warriors to rally the Oakland fans into supporting them as they move San Francisco in 2019. The next 3 years of sports for Oakland are extremely brutal because you have two major teams leaving and one team on the verge of leaving.

I was born and raised in Oakland and trust me, we do call it "The Town"...it's a take off of San Francisco being called "The City".

But yeah, with the Raiders and Warriors skipping town and the A's continually trading their best players and keeping quiet on announcements for a new stadium, being an Oakland sports fan is difficult. Yeah, unveiling "The Town" jerseys would be a bit of a naked cash grab, but us Oakland fans have complained for years about the Warriors pretending our city doesn't exist...it will feel to good to get (possibly forced and insincere) recognition for once before they price us out completely.

I really wish the rumored jerseys weren't BFBS though.

ibgsr9.jpg

san_diego_destroyers_player_sig___qb_wal

6 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

@Teal

Utah,Cavs,Denver,Memphis, Phoenix I believe will be this week.

No word on Milwaukee, Dallas, Spurs, Clippers..damn..actually there's a lot we don't know even though we know a LOT!

This whole process is annoying the hell out of me. I get that one big Nike reveal might have been underwhelming, but I really don't understand what's taking some teams so long to release their new uniforms. I'd assume Nike has had this stuff done for a long time. What's the hold up? The Cavs posted a picture last week that said the uniforms will be shown "soon." yet nothing. Even after leaks of the wine and white, you'd think they'd just release them and be done with it. Hopefully more leaks happen and this all backfires on teams waiting too long.

46 minutes ago, JerseyJosh said:

I'm just going to assume disappointment in the Clippers, Suns and Wolves but I am excited or the Spurs update. All the others are somewhere in the middle for me.

Let's give Minnesota a chance!

spacer.png

12 minutes ago, eibram said:

Let's give Minnesota a chance!

Amen.  I think the T-Wolves will finally have some decent jerseys.  They have failed in the past since they got rid of the original unis in 1996.  Hopefully it will be sign of this franchise that things will only get better.

I'll say this. If the teams uniform changed at all then I understand the big buildup/wait for the jersey reveal.

HOWEVER, if you wait all damn summer to show off your "new" state of the art uniform with no changes..then that is absolute B.S.

Cleveland, Phoenix, Spurs, Clippers (maybe) and Minnesota have a genuine excuse.

shado_logo.gif

3 hours ago, JerseyJosh said:

I'm just going to assume disappointment in the Clippers, Suns and Wolves but I am excited or the Spurs update. All the others are somewhere in the middle for me.

"Excited" is not a word commonly associated with the Spurs brand

Archived