NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, suns1977 said:

Ah, yes.  Good call.  

I wonder why they ditched the purple, it was such an unusual combo but it worked.

My guess is sales. Which I always think is dumb, given Jazz fans still buy a good amount of purple gear and I don't think it ever would have been or was a problem. But that's my best guess. Hard to believe they've been a navy team for almost 13 years now....

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

10 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

My guess is sales. Which I always think is dumb, given Jazz fans still buy a good amount of purple gear and I don't think it ever would have been or was a problem. But that's my best guess. Hard to believe they've been a navy team for almost 13 years now....

I hear ya.  I wasn't as hard on the Suns 00-13 set like most folks, but I hated that their purple in that set looks more royal blue to me.  

1 hour ago, FinsUp1214 said:

They have a couple of pros, but too many cons for me to have ever fully gotten on board with them.

Pros:

- Music note wordmark and logos

- Number font

Cons:

- Navy and not purple

- Since they do insist on navy, the green is WAY too dark and has poor contrast. Should be Kelly or even teal

- side panels "cut to same degree as the ZZ's" or whatever look really corny and over-modernized

- besides that, the tri-color side panel is too thick and always looked better as a thinner trim

- shoulder trim and collar are mismatched

- the whole concept just looks awkward altogether being classic a throwback idea thrown into a blender with a modern design. If they want to go throwback (which they should and was always a good thing), they need to keep it to a more classic design to really look the part (which they don't).

You do realize you're critiquing a VIDEO GAME right?

And, the Jazz are never going back to purple. Navy is INFINITE better than the purple they've worn in the past. I'm sure they'll wear it in an alternate or throwback or whatnot, but the navy blue looks much sharper.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

39 minutes ago, Teal said:

The orange/gold alternate wiII be a sight to see.....

Not particularly looking forward to it. It'll be interesting to hear what crap story Nike has to say about it.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

18 minutes ago, kimball said:

You do realize you're critiquing a VIDEO GAME right?

And, the Jazz are never going back to purple. Navy is INFINITE better than the purple they've worn in the past. I'm sure they'll wear it in an alternate or throwback or whatnot, but the navy blue looks much sharper.

I was critiquing last year's set (which now seems to remain current), not the video game.

To each their own there on the colors my friend, but I've just been one who's never warmed up to the navy. It's never looked as right as purple does to me. *shrug*

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

2 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I was critiquing last year's set (which now seems to remain current), not the video game.

To each their own there on the colors my friend, but I've just been one who's never warmed up to the navy. It's never looked as right as purple does to me. *shrug*

I actually think the Jazz look as good now (2016-17) as they've ever looked

ujsignature.png

48 minutes ago, DJT said:

I thought only the wolves had a separate thread? Since they changed their logo and whole identity. 

The Blazers had/have one too since they refreshed their logos and branding. And there's a thread for the Nuggets as well, even though it probably wasn't necessary since their uniforms ended up staying largely the same (they basically just flipped the roles of the navy and light blues). But since there is a thread for the Nuggets, we might as well use it:

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived