Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

Recommended Posts

upperV03    2,160

From that 2K video, a couple of screenshots showing the Knicks' and Celtics' updated shorts designs:

IMG_6776.thumb.PNG.65b94df8e13b04c5e6d87b5a046d97d3.PNGIMG_6779.thumb.PNG.26471661db828a6be00e052bccdecac4.PNG

IMG_6777.thumb.PNG.7a856ac59ada26589c7b8c8f17755310.PNG

A better look at the Lakers white uniform:

And a whole bunch of looks at the new Nike NBA socks, which look to be customized for each team:

IMG_6778.thumb.PNG.b8be695289a544b5bb84cb9ba1b9a7d8.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Delux247    37
3 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

From that 2K video, a couple of screenshots showing the Knicks' and Celtics' updated shorts designs:

IMG_6776.thumb.PNG.65b94df8e13b04c5e6d87b5a046d97d3.PNG

 

That side piping looks incomplete and just awful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RichO    209

It never thought about it- but are socks considered uniform and not personal and controlled by the players the way shoes are?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Colorsism    47
4 minutes ago, RichO said:

It never thought about it- but are socks considered uniform and not personal and controlled by the players the way shoes are?

Technically yes, last season players had mainly 4 options for socks. Plain white and black or team versions of white and black that included their logo. They were required to wear stance socks under those constraints. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
honeybadger    33

Looking at the Knicks' and Celtics' shorts it almost makes me feel as if Nike went out of their way to make the template as unaccommodating as they could possibly get it to be for traditional uniforms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FinsUp1214    1,795
52 minutes ago, suns1977 said:

 

I personally love these.  

 

They have a couple of pros, but too many cons for me to have ever fully gotten on board with them.

 

Pros:

- Music note wordmark and logos

- Number font

 

Cons:

- Navy and not purple

- Since they do insist on navy, the green is WAY too dark and has poor contrast. Should be Kelly or even teal

- side panels "cut to same degree as the ZZ's" or whatever look really corny and over-modernized

- besides that, the tri-color side panel is too thick and always looked better as a thinner trim

- shoulder trim and collar are mismatched

- the whole concept just looks awkward altogether being classic a throwback idea thrown into a blender with a modern design. If they want to go throwback (which they should and was always a good thing), they need to keep it to a more classic design to really look the part (which they don't).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
suns1977    260
3 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

 

 

Cons:

- Navy and not purple

 

 

Ah, yes.  Good call.  

 

I wonder why they ditched the purple, it was such an unusual combo but it worked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
buckeye    212
19 minutes ago, Shadojoker said:

Anybody else noticed the new layout for these boards?? 

Glad to know it's not just my browser being dumb lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FinsUp1214    1,795
3 minutes ago, suns1977 said:

 

Ah, yes.  Good call.  

 

I wonder why they ditched the purple, it was such an unusual combo but it worked.

 

My guess is sales. Which I always think is dumb, given Jazz fans still buy a good amount of purple gear and I don't think it ever would have been or was a problem. But that's my best guess. Hard to believe they've been a navy team for almost 13 years now....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
suns1977    260
10 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

 

My guess is sales. Which I always think is dumb, given Jazz fans still buy a good amount of purple gear and I don't think it ever would have been or was a problem. But that's my best guess. Hard to believe they've been a navy team for almost 13 years now....

 

I hear ya.  I wasn't as hard on the Suns 00-13 set like most folks, but I hated that their purple in that set looks more royal blue to me.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kimball    598
1 hour ago, FinsUp1214 said:

 

They have a couple of pros, but too many cons for me to have ever fully gotten on board with them.

 

Pros:

- Music note wordmark and logos

- Number font

 

Cons:

- Navy and not purple

- Since they do insist on navy, the green is WAY too dark and has poor contrast. Should be Kelly or even teal

- side panels "cut to same degree as the ZZ's" or whatever look really corny and over-modernized

- besides that, the tri-color side panel is too thick and always looked better as a thinner trim

- shoulder trim and collar are mismatched

- the whole concept just looks awkward altogether being classic a throwback idea thrown into a blender with a modern design. If they want to go throwback (which they should and was always a good thing), they need to keep it to a more classic design to really look the part (which they don't).

 

You do realize you're critiquing a VIDEO GAME right?

 

And, the Jazz are never going back to purple. Navy is INFINITE better than the purple they've worn in the past. I'm sure they'll wear it in an alternate or throwback or whatnot, but the navy blue looks much sharper.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kimball    598
39 minutes ago, Teal said:

The orange/gold alternate wiII be a sight to see.....

 

Not particularly looking forward to it. It'll be interesting to hear what crap story Nike has to say about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FinsUp1214    1,795
18 minutes ago, kimball said:

 

You do realize you're critiquing a VIDEO GAME right?

 

And, the Jazz are never going back to purple. Navy is INFINITE better than the purple they've worn in the past. I'm sure they'll wear it in an alternate or throwback or whatnot, but the navy blue looks much sharper.

 

I was critiquing last year's set (which now seems to remain current), not the video game.

 

To each their own there on the colors my friend, but I've just been one who's never warmed up to the navy. It's never looked as right as purple does to me. *shrug*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now