Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

Derek94    66

Can't believe they haven't leaked, but excited to see the Spurs set Friday as their last changes were in 2002 and then prior in 1989.  

Predicting the city name on road sets will return in some fashion.

SteamerStan    12
3 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Having sponsors like Harley Davidson makes me feel like some of these jerseys are going to be massively successful. I think the NBA is hurting itself by only selling these in the arena (or is that not the case anymore?).

Harley Davidson is very much a lifestyle brand and I think there will be new eyeballs on the team as the result of this sponsorship. And while motorcycles don't go with buck hunting, there's most likely some overlap between fans of each. Sorry to be Rovell-esque, but this really seems like a home run sponsorship.

Sorry, but sponsor logos don't belong on sports uniforms.

Red Wolf    568

The Grizzlies just officially unveiled their home (association) and away (icon). They're essentially the same as before with a few notable changes. The gold triangle at the bottom of the collars with the Grizz logo are gone, which I think is for the best. They also moved the giant Grizz head from the bottom of the shorts and made it small one along the waistband which is another slight upgrade. Other than that, and swooshes, it's not much different.

NEW

PaHjMw8.jpgu0Kmrzj.jpg

OLD

T2TpiUI.jpg5mc87Gd.jpg

Worth mentioning, is that the leak from 2K18 was off a bit. In that pic it showed that the light blues inside the side panels on the road had been flipped, which it turns out is not the case. 

oMVaJGR.jpg

DG_Now    3,805
24 minutes ago, SteamerStan said:

Sorry, but sponsor logos don't belong on sports uniforms.

It would appear you're wrong. Welcome to the present old man.

infrared41    3,628
3 hours ago, CS85 said:

DG35vKaU0AI_x1n.jpg

They couldn't make the Harley Davidson logo at least match the color scheme?

My first thought was "they couldn't make their color scheme match the Harley logo?" But I'm a little biased. 

4 hours ago, DG_Now said:

Having sponsors like Harley Davidson makes me feel like some of these jerseys are going to be massively successful. I think the NBA is hurting itself by only selling these in the arena (or is that not the case anymore?).

Harley Davidson is very much a lifestyle brand and I think there will be new eyeballs on the team as the result of this sponsorship. And while motorcycles don't go with buck hunting, there's most likely some overlap between fans of each. Sorry to be Rovell-esque, but this really seems like a home run sponsorship.

My guess is plenty of Harley riders would buy a jersey if the jerseys were available everywhere. I know I'd seriously consider getting one. 

Bradbury    105
22 minutes ago, Red Wolf said:

NEW

PaHjMw8.jpgu0Kmrzj.jpg  

A clean transition to the Nike template for Memphis. I like that the white jersey ditched the navy arm trim while keeping the blue collar.

I'm hearing the Grizz will keep the black MLK set (minus sleeves) for their "Community" uniform. My source hasn't heard anything about the other (Athlete?) edition, so not sure if the lighter "Beale Street" blue set will make the jump.

EDIT: The Grizzlies' release notes call the two remaining editions "Statement" and "City," which while stupid still sounds better than whatever Nike was peddling earlier.

Semi-related news: NBA schedules should be released next week.

VikWings    492

I like the Suns minus the butt stripe. Need the 90s jerseys as a throwback though.

Rockets kinda look like the old Raptors now.

Magic are an improvement with the full side panel now.

sayahh    343
45 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

It would appear you're wrong. Welcome to the present old man.

...sponsor logos shouldn't belong on sports uniforms...

crashcarson15    963

Please remember to discuss new unveilings in team-specific threads. If one does not yet exist, do not respond in this thread. Instead, create a new thread and post your comment there.

I split off discussion on the Suns uniforms to its own thread, and created one for the Clippers unveiling tomorrow. Please limit discussion of those sets to those threads.

And for posterity:

Red Wolf    568
1 hour ago, Bradbury said:

A clean transition to the Nike template for Memphis. I like that the white jersey ditched the navy arm trim while keeping the blue collar.

I'm hearing the Grizz will keep the black MLK set (minus sleeves) for their "Community" uniform. My source hasn't heard anything about the other (Athlete?) edition, so not sure if the lighter "Beale Street" blue set will make the jump.

EDIT: The Grizzlies' release notes call the two remaining editions "Statement" and "City," which while stupid still sounds better than whatever Nike was peddling earlier.

Semi-related news: NBA schedules should be released next week.

Glad to hear the MLK set is returning. Not sure what I want from anything else. I always thought that the Beale Street blue set was the worst of the bunch. 

Before the reveal I was kind of hoping for a new uniform design, but seeing just the slight upgrades that have been made, I'm okay with staying put with the current design. The only thing I really wanted was a return to the old numbers that matched the wordmarks.

j5ZniT5.jpg?1jlIWBzR.jpg

Shadojoker    617

If September 29th is the day the Nike jerseys go on sale.

Can we assume that's the day the community and classic uniforms will be unveiled too??

Jack Holmes    194

Grizzlies and Rockets have transitioned very poorly to Nike's template, the designs completely fall apart (why can't Nike do curved side panels?). I hope this forces them into seriously thinking about a redesign/rebrand soon.

Shadojoker    617
21 minutes ago, Jack Holmes said:

Grizzlies and Rockets have transitioned very poorly to Nike's template, the designs completely fall apart (why can't Nike do curved side panels?). I hope this forces them into seriously thinking about a redesign/rebrand soon.

We couldn't agree more. Rockets should adapt those black unis into white, and red versions and call it a day!

elliott    125

Did the Magic lose that weird swoopy stripe at the bottom of the shorts? If so, underrated upgrade. The Disney sponsor is probably also the least offensive of all of the sponsors so far.

I remember really loving the Grizzlies set like 10 years ago. I'm still fine with the color palette, and it is a little more unique now that other teams (nuggets, jazz) have gone away from the light blue + dark blue fad from the mid 00's. BUT at the same time i don't think it has aged particularly well... possibly because of small downgrades like losing the inner stroke on the number font and losing the logo from the shorts. It makes it seem way more plain.

EDIT : good point in the posts right above-- the nike template doesn't do wonders for these curved design elements. that also downgrades the Grizz look a bit.