Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

upperV03    1,901

More looks at some of the unreleased uniforms here:

And another look at the back of the purple Lakers uniform with the solid yellow NOB's:

Hoopladawg87    360

http://www.nba.com/spurs/nike

Weird that the rendering on the graphics here show the Spurs jerseys without inner strokes on the numerals that match the color of the jersey. The actual pictures of the uniforms above suggest otherwise, but I think I'd really prefer the numerals in the rendering.

Hoopladawg87    360

Overall, these Spurs uniforms just feel half-baked to me....the wordmarks are simplified, but the numerals are busy....the side panels are simple, the collar and armhole trim are busy. I feel like a definitive shift one way or the other would look much better just in terms of cohesion, though I'd obviously much prefer them taking the truly simplified route.

Derek94    66
40 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

^Minnesota doesn't have one either.

Here's some more shots of the Spurs uniforms:

IMG_6823.thumb.JPG.0b68032c89b8d9406546d959af1db442.JPG

Okay I finally see what a lot of posters had brought up earlier in this thread.

The back of the jersey naturally rolling up like this photo

Arts11    18
10 minutes ago, Hoopladawg87 said:

Overall, these Spurs uniforms just feel half-baked to me....the wordmarks are simplified, but the numerals are busy....the side panels are simple, the collar and armhole trim are busy. I feel like a definitive shift one way or the other would look much better just in terms of cohesion, though I'd obviously much prefer them taking the truly simplified route.

Yeah, I've notice a lot of these new Nike jerseys have a bunch of mix 'n match elements to them. Different colored wordmarks vs numbers, differing trim colors and patterns, cutoff/early tapered striping, etc. It's like they couldn't decide on a set pattern so decided to combine all of them. I'd like a lot of them so much more if they just made small tweaks in consistency. Instead it feels like designs by committee with every designer wanting to leave their mark.

Lights Out    2,048

Hate to say it, but the Spurs really screwed up here. The new wordmark sticks out like a sore thumb. They needed to either adjust the wordmark or the uniform design in order to match better. It's a shame, because the set they just ditched was my favorite in the entire league.

The Spurs new jerseys are not a downgrade, but not an upgrade either.  They just wanted it to make them look simple especially with the transition to Nike.  

OTOH, I like what the Suns did to the jerseys, looks a lot better compare to what Adidas did to them.  Nuggets unis are meh.  The Timberwolves on the other hand, just don't want to make cleaner, better uniforms.  They try too hard to make a decent jersey, that it turns it seems to get worse in time.  If they would scrap the stripes on the top of the jerseys and the shorts, everything would have turned out great.  I wish they would also scrap the navy blue since it was NEVER was a color for the Wolves, and kept the royal blue as their primary.  IMO the Wolves would have a Top 5 uniform, instead of being in the Bottom 5.  Oh what might have been.

buckeye    211
9 minutes ago, steppenwolf said:

There are 6 teams missing from this photo. Can you name them? :)

Cavs, Wizards, Wolves, Rockets, Pistons, Bulls?

No joke, New Orleans might have one of my favorite looks in the league now.  I hated the tiny font they used on the old uniforms so much.  Just making it bigger has pushed them near the top for me, they look great.  It's nice when teams actually make helpful tweaks :)

upperV03    1,901

We've already seen them, but here's the official reveal of the Mavs' uniforms:

Still :censored:ty.

Hoopladawg87    360

Interesting that the Mavs release refers to the third and fourth uniforms as Statement and City Editions, respectively. I remember seeing Statement in place of Athlete's Mindset somewhere yesterday, but City in place of Community-Inspired seems new. I originally didn't mind new terminology, but if it's not going to be consistent then let's just go back to home, away, alternate, etc.