Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

elliott    125

I'm gonna disagree a bit here and say that the Spurs were in need of a slight refresh... their look, while iconic, is so boring. The shorts logo and the wordmark simplification I kind of like, its the type of subtle change that can switch things up and align the uniforms with the modifications they made to their branding, while also keeping it obvious that it's the Spurs. BUT the cut of the arm trim, the side panel overlapping, and the bottom of the shorts are all annoying downgrades. One step forward, one step back. All that said, my favorite look of theirs is the black on black numbers. While not as legible, it was a unique feature that you didn't forget.

Satomiblood    96

I'll go ahead and say it: while I like some of the transitions over to the new Nike template, they're not a marked improvement over Adidas. The template is flawed and impedes a lot of design elements that leave a lot of teams, particularly carryovers from Adidas, noticeably compromised. Overall, it's been a pretty frustrating marathon of reveals with only a few decent showings. Nothing looks great unless you're a fan of the few teams whose core designs were able to translate pretty well to the template (Kings, Wizards, Hornets, etc.). Honestly, it makes it all seem as if Adidas wasn't all that bad. Yeah, the sleeves were arguably the worst part of their run with the apparel license. But other than a few concessions, teams were able to incorporate more of what they wanted and look less cookie-cutter as a result. I'd say most of the league looked pretty good overall last season, with some obvious exceptions like the Clippers and Hawks.

In sum, the grass isn't always greener and so on...

FinsUp1214    1,766
30 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

We've already seen them, but here's the official reveal of the Mavs' uniforms:

Still :censored:ty.

Somehow with the swoosh, they look even more like an epitome of 2001 than they already had.

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

More looks at some of the unreleased uniforms here:

it's hard for me to really tell, but it looks like the knicks removed the silver from their uniform?

Edited by bucky_bleichert
i can't figure out the new message board

Lights Out    2,059

I do think the Mavs' uniforms are slightly improved by Nike's template, but still... it's just such an ugly and awkward design. I get why people say it's dated, but if we're being honest, it was just as ugly in 2001 as it is today.

upperV03    1,918
27 minutes ago, bucky_bleichert said:

it's hard for me to really tell, but it looks like the knicks removed the silver from their uniform?

Nope, it's still there:

IMG_6837.thumb.JPG.77919c065bf8c357101c66e73f642a7a.JPGIMG_6838.thumb.JPG.f54080ef5ca4d8489847a20d1e56ee81.JPG

Also, here's a couple clearer shots at the Hawks' "Icon" uniform:

IMG_6831.thumb.JPG.95bcb8c68bd53614f5178f2dbcfe47f8.JPGIMG_6832.thumb.JPG.4f901226e9c3c23a50f4292fe002b133.JPG

Arts11    20
56 minutes ago, colortv said:

DG9GE7yXYAERfVy.jpg:large

Been awhile since I've seen so many teams represented in one pic. Makes me realize how many teams have a "V-neck collar" nowadays vs the older "wide neck/circular" [like the Knicks and Celtics] opening. And then there are still a couple teams with that weird wishbone/notched collar [like the Lakers, Mavs] that just remind me of the '00s.

upperV03    1,918
9 minutes ago, Ark said:

The Lakers aren't wearing yellow at home and purple on the road anymore?

They will undoubtedly still wear yellow at home (except on Sundays when they wear the whites). The uniform(s) they wear on the road just depends on what the home teams wear. Say the Lakers are playing in Philadelphia and the Sixers wear blue at home, then obviously the Lakers won't be able to wear their traditional purple uniform on the road. Their purple uniform will still most likely be their first choice road option, but they very well might have to wear the yellows and/or whites on a number of occasions in-order to provide sufficient contrast from the home team's uniform of choice.

2 hours ago, upperV03 said:

We've already seen them, but here's the official reveal of the Mavs' uniforms:

Still :censored:ty.

As of now, the Mavericks unis are the only ones that looked like exactly the same from the end of the Adidas era.  Except for the swoosh on the top right, and maybe the soon to be sponsor name on the top left, it seems like the kept the same thing (template, numbers, etc.).  IMO its time to change it up Mavericks, were no longer in 2001 anymore when those uniforms back then were "cool". <_<

Berlin Wall    801
2 hours ago, colortv said:

DG9GE7yXYAERfVy.jpg:large

I might like the switch to Nike. I'm a fan of how the jerseys fit. Also most of the changes seem like upgrades to me.

btw. the Hornets' teal looks amazing on here. Did they change it?