Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

keynote    211
6 minutes ago, eibram said:

Random thought. How do you guys think the Finals patches work? Will they replace the swoosh or get rid of it altogether?

They'll make the Nike swoosh metallic gold, and replace the NBA logo on the back w/ the Finals patch. 

kimball    582
1 hour ago, keynote said:

They'll make the Nike swoosh metallic gold, and replace the NBA logo on the back w/ the Finals patch. 

Exactly, the patch has been on the back of the jerseys the past couple of years.

bowld    510

Nba live demo is game 7 of finals. Has players wearing patch on back of jersey above names 

Conrad.    765
1 hour ago, bowld said:

Nba live demo is game 7 of finals. Has players wearing patch on back of jersey above names 

DHFAjdxUQAAKZsX.jpg

truepg    112

DG9GE7yXYAERfVy.jpg:large

Knicks look suddenly better with the armhole trim reaching further down.

The Grizzlies' changes are a huge downgrade in removing the collar triangle with the logo and logo on the shorts. Almost nothing left in that set to validate keeping it anymore.

I also see the Hawks' got their collar switched to a generic V-neck. Never like custom collars replaced. A wave of that practice came with the switch to Adidas.

Not sure about the side-panel modification for the Magic, never was a fan of those robust side-panels anyway. Good that they didn't remove the shape completely and kept it on the shorts, though.

I guess, the biggest loser of this offseason uni-wise has been Indiana. Funny, since they were one of those, who had the least to lose.

truepg    112
13 hours ago, Digby said:

I don't care about the shorts trim being a little odd, but the logo clutter is too much. Not enough visual space for two swooshes, a sponsor patch, and NBA patch and a belt buckle.

This. As I already said, there's no reason whatsoever to have the manufacturer logo twice on the game uniform.

sayahh    344
6 hours ago, truepg said:

This. As I already said, there's no reason whatsoever to have the manufacturer logo twice on the game uniform.

Or even once.

Three MLB logos on the back of a player (cap, jersey, belt loop) is also overkill, and I like that logo!

CitizenTino    135
23 hours ago, upperV03 said:

And a better look at the back of the jersey:

Absolutely no reason Nike couldn't have added trim to that section along the back so that it goes all the way around. Either get rid of the trim all the way around or make it connect all the way around. Only having the trim go party way serves no purpose other than to draw attention to Nike's template.

sayahh    344
14 hours ago, Conrad. said:

DHFAjdxUQAAKZsX.jpg

Can you find a shot of the front to see if the Swoosh keeps or changes color for the Finals? Thanks.

sayahh    344
19 hours ago, keynote said:

1 hour ago, Conrad. said:

^ it was the same color as the normal jersey, blue.

kimball    582
10 minutes ago, Shadojoker said:

Any ideas on the release date for the alternates?

1 hour ago, yungNASDAQ said:

Any word on when the community and athlete mindset jerseys will be revealed?

Well, according to most of the posts it seems that each set will released separately. One in the fall and one in the winter. I am assuming the winter one will around Christmas and the fall one will be released somewhere around September 29th when the jerseys go on sale.

Isn't there a big Nike reveal planned? I'd imagine they'll show off the technology, the jersey already seen and the first alternate.

But, that's all speculation. 

colortv    77
On 8/11/2017 at 0:21 PM, Berlin Wall said:

I might like the switch to Nike. I'm a fan of how the jerseys fit. Also most of the changes seem like upgrades to me.

btw. the Hornets' teal looks amazing on here. Did they change it?

Not sure if they changed it but it does look different.

6 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

Any ideas on the release date for the alternates?

Well there's two options, either the teams reveal the alternates or the video games will do it for them.

Jack Holmes    194
5 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Well there's two options, either the teams reveal the alternates or the video games will do it for them.

They might be locked on the video games and only updated with patches at the team's discretion. Always a possibility, granted I haven't played an NBA 2k game since the Hornets were still in New Orleans but that's how their old gold alternates made it into the game from memory.

eRay    105
On 8/13/2017 at 5:51 AM, truepg said:

Remember that in addition to twice on the uniform, the swoosh will be shown twice on the game socks, and most players will have it on either side their game shoes. I think 8 swooshes is too many swooshes. Don't sound the Hot Take Alarm.