NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, keynote said:

They'll make the Nike swoosh metallic gold, and replace the NBA logo on the back w/ the Finals patch. 

1 hour ago, Conrad. said:

^ it was the same color as the normal jersey, blue.

10 minutes ago, Shadojoker said:

Any ideas on the release date for the alternates?

1 hour ago, yungNASDAQ said:

Any word on when the community and athlete mindset jerseys will be revealed?

Well, according to most of the posts it seems that each set will released separately. One in the fall and one in the winter. I am assuming the winter one will around Christmas and the fall one will be released somewhere around September 29th when the jerseys go on sale.

Isn't there a big Nike reveal planned? I'd imagine they'll show off the technology, the jersey already seen and the first alternate.

But, that's all speculation. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

On 8/11/2017 at 0:21 PM, Berlin Wall said:

I might like the switch to Nike. I'm a fan of how the jerseys fit. Also most of the changes seem like upgrades to me.

btw. the Hornets' teal looks amazing on here. Did they change it?

Not sure if they changed it but it does look different.

5 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Well there's two options, either the teams reveal the alternates or the video games will do it for them.

They might be locked on the video games and only updated with patches at the team's discretion. Always a possibility, granted I haven't played an NBA 2k game since the Hornets were still in New Orleans but that's how their old gold alternates made it into the game from memory.

On 8/13/2017 at 5:51 AM, truepg said:

This. As I already said, there's no reason whatsoever to have the manufacturer logo twice on the game uniform.

Remember that in addition to twice on the uniform, the swoosh will be shown twice on the game socks, and most players will have it on either side their game shoes. I think 8 swooshes is too many swooshes. Don't sound the Hot Take Alarm.

5 hours ago, Jack Holmes said:

They might be locked on the video games and only updated with patches at the team's discretion. Always a possibility, granted I haven't played an NBA 2k game since the Hornets were still in New Orleans but that's how their old gold alternates made it into the game from memory.

Yeah these games update all the time with patches for bugs and roster updates. I'm sure they'll either do that with this or do them as microtransactions when they come out SMDH

Quick recap

Official unveilings remaining: 6 (Hawks, Warriors, Lakers [partial] Heat, Pelicans [partial], Raptors)

Waist band logos: 26 with, 2 without (Timberwolves & Spurs), and 2 unknown (Heat & Pelicans)

Sponsor patches: 13 (Celtics, Nets, Hornets, Cavs, Nuggets, Pistons, Bucks, Timberwolves, Magic, Sixers, Kings, Raptors, & Jazz)

ujsignature.png

49 minutes ago, Delux247 said:

Waist band logos: 26 with, 2 without (Timberwolves & Spurs), and 2 unknown (Heat & Pelicans)

We're also seeing a lot more variety among the type of logo placed on the waist band.

We have 19 secondary/partial logos, which have traditionally gone here (Hawks, Celtics, Nets, Hornets, Mavericks, Nuggets, Warriors, Rockets, Pacers, Clippers, Grizzlies, Bucks, Knicks, Sixers, Suns, Kings, Raptors, Jazz, & Wizards).

But we've seen 2 primary logos (Pistons & Lakers) and 4 wordmarks (Cavs, Thunder, Magic, & Blazers), as well as a very non-traditional move by the Bulls (Chicago flag stars).

ujsignature.png

Archived