NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

I love it! It just goes to show that the Bucks made a huge mistake in dropping red from their color scheme. I get why they did it (get out of their poorly-realized nostalgia phase, new ownership, and avoid the "Xmas" stigma of pairing a deer theme with green/red), but the Forest Green and Red combo is so pretty. It was like if the Canucks dropped Royal/Kelly or the Astros dropped Navy/Orange. They were a team that resolved their identity crisis, only to revive it in a crummy way.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those Bucks throwbacks are vastly superior on color scheme alone, before you even take into account the hideous overthought "industrial" lettering on the new ones.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

6 hours ago, VDizzle12 said:

Missed opportunity. If they are going to force ads onto throwbacks, they should use older or retro looking logos.

As mentioned before this logo is unchanged ... but, I do hope future throwbacks go with retro logos. That'd be a nice touch for such a stupid practice.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

3 minutes ago, Sleeper66 said:

Henry Ellenson at a bball camp:

DIgXOdQXkAAIprY.jpg

Of all the uniforms the Pistons could throw back to, they're going with that POS...?

The Pistons aren't one of the eight teams getting a throwback uniform for this upcoming season, so he's likely just wearing these adidas HWC swingman shorts:

IMG_7023.JPG.56741b50a1f2004ba05f4f76e824c36b.JPG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

2 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

Btw.. @Sleeper66

The Grant Hill era Pistons are top 5 all time uniform in my eyes. Careful  there. They can easily remove the horse and change the wordmark and you'd still have a timeless jersey.

I know that set gets a lot of love here, but I became a Pistons fan watching Lanier in the '70s, and I just can't embrace the teal era. "Revulsion" isn't too strong a word when I see those things.

3 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

Blog-pic-dynamic-play.jpg

Another image from 2k18 but of Pistons home court 

INDIANA court

Blog-player-specific-playbook-plays.jpg

Portland

Blog-pic-rebounds.jpg

Phoenix 

Btw.. @Sleeper66

The Grant Hill era Pistons are top 5 all time uniform in my eyes. Careful  there. They can easily remove the horse and change the wordmark and you'd still have a timeless jersey.

honestly i agree. pistons are iconic red white and blue. but half the nba is either red white blue or red blue white. it was nice in the 90s that teams expanded their color palette. (grizzlies, bucks, kings, pistons, cavaliers, raptors, 76ers, spurs, rockets, jazz

8 hours ago, jmatt116 said:

honestly i agree. pistons are iconic red white and blue. but half the nba is either red white blue or red blue white. it was nice in the 90s that teams expanded their color palette. (grizzlies, bucks, kings, pistons, cavaliers, raptors, 76ers, spurs, rockets, jazz

Teal, purple, purple, teal, black, purple, black, teal/pink/orange, navy, purple. 4 purples, 2 teals, 2 blacks, 1 Fiesta, and 1 navy. Very much variety you got there. 

ExJworW.png

Archived