Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

Shadojoker    635
36 minutes ago, the admiral said:

IN THE PAINT

IN THE PAINT

IT'S NOT THAT GODDAMN HARD

I hate the absence of color for the paint in Denver and New Orleans court. 

Conrad.    799
1 hour ago, Zilla2K said:

Sorry for double post and low quality, but here's a peak at a black Bulls uniform and practice uniforms 

IMG_0638.PNG

Here's a cleaner look:

DIhDVIXUIAAAMDO.jpg

Looks to be a slightly different version of this uni: 

DIhDVyeUMAA6gqY.jpg

upperV03    2,165

^Looks pretty similar to their '99/00 black uniforms, but with the colors of the striping (at least on the shorts) reversed and with the classic diamond shapes added to the shorts.

IMG_7024.JPG.9fc7f8abc1990674734c56530ed7a847.JPG

Sleeper66    112
2 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

Btw.. @Sleeper66

The Grant Hill era Pistons are top 5 all time uniform in my eyes. Careful  there. They can easily remove the horse and change the wordmark and you'd still have a timeless jersey.

I know that set gets a lot of love here, but I became a Pistons fan watching Lanier in the '70s, and I just can't embrace the teal era. "Revulsion" isn't too strong a word when I see those things.

jmatt116    53
3 hours ago, Shadojoker said:

Blog-pic-dynamic-play.jpg

Another image from 2k18 but of Pistons home court 

INDIANA court

Blog-player-specific-playbook-plays.jpg

Portland

Blog-pic-rebounds.jpg

Phoenix 

Btw.. @Sleeper66

The Grant Hill era Pistons are top 5 all time uniform in my eyes. Careful  there. They can easily remove the horse and change the wordmark and you'd still have a timeless jersey.

honestly i agree. pistons are iconic red white and blue. but half the nba is either red white blue or red blue white. it was nice in the 90s that teams expanded their color palette. (grizzlies, bucks, kings, pistons, cavaliers, raptors, 76ers, spurs, rockets, jazz

Magic Dynasty    437
8 hours ago, jmatt116 said:

honestly i agree. pistons are iconic red white and blue. but half the nba is either red white blue or red blue white. it was nice in the 90s that teams expanded their color palette. (grizzlies, bucks, kings, pistons, cavaliers, raptors, 76ers, spurs, rockets, jazz

Teal, purple, purple, teal, black, purple, black, teal/pink/orange, navy, purple. 4 purples, 2 teals, 2 blacks, 1 Fiesta, and 1 navy. Very much variety you got there. 

Eszcz21    25
11 hours ago, Sleeper66 said:

I know that set gets a lot of love here, but I became a Pistons fan watching Lanier in the '70s, and I just can't embrace the teal era. "Revulsion" isn't too strong a word when I see those things.

The teal jerseys are an abomination. The Pistons have been using Red White and Blue since they were in Fort Wayne. Just because other teams that have come after the pistons have red white and blue doesn't mean the Pistons need to change.

WSU151    2,410

30 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

Are they serious with that baseline font?

Are they serious with that whole court? :D

Lights Out    2,137
43 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

Are they serious with that baseline font?

It's better than the horrible baseline wordmarks we used to have, complete with stray "pool noodles" on either side that looked like scratches in the paint job.

x1JLQ0Q.jpg

With that said, I miss the blue filled-in half-circles. Now there isn't enough blue on the court.

Conrad.    799

^ yea, especially with the Icon uniforms now blue, you'd think they'd echo that hierarchy on the court design, but that's WAY too much thought for that organization to put into something.

Discogod    265

Donald Sterling might have been a misogynistic, racist :censored:bag, but at least the Clips had nice unis when he was running the team...

WSU151    2,410
4 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

From one of the 2K videos, it looks like the Celtics, for the first time in their history, will have their city and team name on the baselines of their court this season:

I can't remember how it was in recent years, but 2K may not have the rights to TD Bank/TD Garden logos.  The Red Auerbach Court logo looks to be missing as well.

upperV03    2,165
2 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

I can't remember how it was in recent years, but 2K may not have the rights to TD Bank logos.  

Ah yeah, I just checked a gameplay video from 2K17 and it looks like you're right, they had the team name on the baselines in last year's game as well. Seems odd that 2K couldn't secure the rights to the TD Bank logos, but it looks like that's what it is.

CitizenTino    140

Any signs of the Cavs' new court? I'm wary of what they're going to roll out to go with the new uniforms.

EDIT: Nevermind. Just saw the screenshots in the Cavs uniforms thread.

the admiral    10,235
17 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Ah yeah, I just checked a gameplay video from 2K17 and it looks like you're right, they had the team name on the baselines in last year's game as well. Seems odd that 2K couldn't secure the rights to the TD Bank logos, but it looks like that's what it is.

Older games had this issue when it was the FleetCenter, too. The baseline in NBA Live '05 had "Boston Celtics" written in the FleetCenter font in the same position.

LA_Angels    71

Might have already been released, but in case it wasn't i saw the new Lakers throwbacks. Powder Blue jerseys with M.P.L.S in gold.

Screenshot_2017-08-31-16-50-25.png