Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.    799
7 minutes ago, LA_Angels said:

Might have already been released, but in case it wasn't i saw the new Lakers throwbacks. Powder Blue jerseys with M.P.L.S in gold.

Screenshot_2017-08-31-16-50-25.png

it certainly could be, but I don't see the Nike logo, so maybe it's just a uniform option in the game?

to be fair, though, in my article, I alluded to them having that uni as a possibility for the Classic. just doesn't seem quite "official" without the Nike logo on the top.

upperV03    2,165
11 minutes ago, Conrad. said:

it certainly could be, but I don't see the Nike logo, so maybe it's just a uniform option in the game?

to be fair, though, in my article, I alluded to them having that uni as a possibility for the Classic. just doesn't seem quite "official" without the Nike logo on the top.

Doesn't seem to have Nike's truncated armhole trim or cut in the shorts either. I'd guess it's just a standard throwback option in the game, though it seems likely that the Lakers' throwback will end up being Nike's interpretation of that uni.

LA_Angels    71
1 minute ago, upperV03 said:

Doesn't seem to have Nike's truncated armhole trim or cut in the shorts either. I'd guess it's just a standard throwback option in the game, though it seems likely that the Lakers' throwback will be Nike's interpretation of that uni.

Its all true. I guess we will see in time.

Ice_Cap    7,591
2 hours ago, Discogod said:

Donald Sterling might have been a misogynistic, racist :censored:bag, but at least the Clips had nice unis when he was running the team...

Nvzzfe9.gif

4 hours ago, Conrad. said:

Yeah, that's MPLS jerseys that's been in the game for years now, I can tell because it's lacking detail and realistic proportions of the wordmark and numbers. If there's no Nike logo then it's not official.

chakfu    40
5 hours ago, the admiral said:

Older games had this issue when it was the FleetCenter, too. The baseline in NBA Live '05 had "Boston Celtics" written in the FleetCenter font in the same position.

I've always found this weird.  Even to a lesser extent ads in baseball stadiums in games.  How much greed is there if they can't make a mutual agreement for a realistic video game and free advertising within the game?  Part of the stadium naming rights deals ought to allow depiction in game and such. Just like its being broadcast on television.  Same thing with baseball stadium ads.

Edited by chakfu
addition

the admiral    10,235
7 minutes ago, chakfu said:

How much greed is there if they can't make a mutual agreement for a realistic video game and free advertising within the game?

Well, the polynymous arena in question is owned by a real-life Mr. Burns who, while engineering two NHL lockouts, defrauded disadvantaged Boston children by "forgetting" to make contractually obligated donations to the park district for 20 years, so to answer your question, infinite. 

gnugg    1
10 hours ago, deltarich87 said:

Another good look at the back of what the Nike uniforms look like

I'm probably not the first to ask, but will the fan jerseys from nbastore be in this cut too? If that's the case then I'm probably wearing throwbacks for the rest of my life.

insert name    1,342
15 hours ago, the admiral said:

Older games had this issue when it was the FleetCenter, too. The baseline in NBA Live '05 had "Boston Celtics" written in the FleetCenter font in the same position.

I remember older 2K games being able to say Madison Square Garden but now it says Knicks Arena. 

Conrad.    799

slightly clearer image, showing the collar better and what also looks like a thin, blue stripe on the side:

DIqa7ueUIAAaKc0.jpg

WSU151    2,410
3 minutes ago, Conrad. said:

slightly clearer image, showing the collar better and what also looks like a thin, blue stripe on the side:

DIqa7ueUIAAaKc0.jpg

Could it be better?  Yeah.  Is it awful? No.  So far, not bad.