Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

Shadojoker    634
5 hours ago, Conrad. said:

slightly clearer image, showing the collar better and what also looks like a thin, blue stripe on the side:

DIqa7ueUIAAaKc0.jpg

thumb__2_.1354300686.jpg

If they could just get a decent wordmark. "OKC" is so plain. Thunder should have some thunder. 

Lee Noire    329
On 8/31/2017 at 11:34 AM, Discogod said:

Donald Sterling might have been a misogynistic, racist :censored:bag, but at least the Clips had nice unis when he was running the team...

As a die hard Clippers fan, I'd rather they wear trash bags then ever have a man like that in power again. Besides the new uniforms are pretty nice. The logo and court design aren't, but you only said uniforms. Check and mate. *points finger guns and winks*

On 9/1/2017 at 3:52 PM, Conrad. said:

slightly clearer image, showing the collar better and what also looks like a thin, blue stripe on the side:

DIqa7ueUIAAaKc0.jpg

I like the look on a macro level, but the K is too heavy and the O is too close to the K. I can’t tell from the photo, but if the typeface for the OKC is different from the numbers, that seems like a miss. 

bushy    42
On 9/1/2017 at 3:52 PM, Conrad. said:

DIqa7ueUIAAaKc0.jpg

Hold this L, OKC. 

FinsUp1214    1,795
21 hours ago, Berlin Wall said:

Black Bulls jersey I guess.

I'm not 100% sure on that. Judging by the crowd and the scorebug, it looks like a Pistons home game plus he's wearing a teal shirt underneath. I don't know for sure if the computer would pair a teal shirt with a Bulls fan.

It's certainly possible it's a Bulls jersey, but there's just enough other things going on to make me think otherwise.

Hat Boy    213
1 hour ago, FinsUp1214 said:

I'm not 100% sure on that. Judging by the crowd and the scorebug, it looks like a Pistons home game plus he's wearing a teal shirt underneath. I don't know for sure if the computer would pair a teal shirt with a Bulls fan.

It's certainly possible it's a Bulls jersey, but there's just enough other things going on to make me think otherwise.

So, now we are analyzing a screen shot from a video game like it is the Zapruder film?  Just when I think we can't be any more nerdy.

16 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

That is definitely a Bulls jersey. Nobody wears teal Pistons stuff on the game. The people in the crowd on the 2K games only wear the home, away and alternates and generic shirts/hoodies sometimes bearing the 2K logo or something.

On the subject of 2K, the Thunder have the new Chesapeake Energy logo on their court.

QNKXawE.png

FinsUp1214    1,795
22 hours ago, Hat Boy said:

So, now we are analyzing a screen shot from a video game like it is the Zapruder film?  Just when I think we can't be any more nerdy.

Wasnt trying to go conspiracy theory here, I was just thought the teal shirt was odd. Sorry for being too "nerdy", I guess.

Carry on, all.

Hat Boy    213
1 hour ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Wasnt trying to go conspiracy theory here, I was just thought the teal shirt was odd. Sorry for being too "nerdy", I guess.

Carry on, all.

It wasn't meant to be an insult.  This is a forum dedicated to the aesthetic of sports logos and uniforms--we're all nerds.

10 hours ago, thatsportsgamer16 said:

Here's another screenshot from 2k18.

Seems like 2k is using the Pelicans' partial logo, just seems weird to me.

NEW_PELS.PNG

NEW_PELS_2.PNG

Yep, the game is using "primary" logos now and not the "global" logos.

TheBigFiz21    31

Slightly older news, but in regards to the newly-renamed Capital One Arena in Washington: I'm letdown because in the two years they had a chance to, they never updated the logos to reflect the new Verizon look from late 2015 while it was still the Verizon Center. Instead, they simply left it looking like this:

verizon-center.jpg

Even the on-court logo was still in Microsoft Word fashion:

verizon-center.jpg

kimball    598
3 hours ago, TheBigFiz21 said:

Slightly older news, but in regards to the newly-renamed Capital One Arena in Washington: I'm letdown because in the two years they had a chance to, they never updated the logos to reflect the new Verizon look from late 2015 while it was still the Verizon Center. Instead, they simply left it looking like this:

verizon-center.jpg

Even the on-court logo was still in Microsoft Word fashion:

verizon-center.jpg

I'm more disappointed that they renamed it the Capital One Arena and not Capital One Centre. #missedopportunity