Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

sayahh    354
38 minutes ago, Conrad. said:

:(

DJhoLEbWAAAw1KS.jpg

If it was just the R inside the circle, one could pretend it indicated that the player was a rookie.

10 hours ago, NYCdog said:

Maybe a Sixers "The Process" jersey 🤞

Unfortunately, the troglodytes who are running that team fired the genius visionary who created the Process.

BrianLion    987
1 hour ago, Conrad. said:

DJhoLEbWAAAw1KS.jpg

of all the tech companies in and around Silicon Valley, the Warriors get a sponsorship from a Japanese e-commerce company? 

patsox    49

Well

1 minute ago, BrianLion said:

of all the tech companies in and around Silicon Valley, the Warriors get a sponsorship from a Japanese e-commerce company? 

Well, they probably offered more money than any of the companies in Silicon Valley 🤷🏻‍♂️

cajunaggie08    158
3 hours ago, BrianLion said:

i had to look up what Rakuten even was. I suppose its money well spent as I now know they exist when I didn't before. So THEYRE the ones responsible for all those crappy ebates ads i get at the end of online purchases.

SCalderwood    235
4 hours ago, cajunaggie08 said:

i had to look up what Rakuten even was. I suppose its money well spent as I now know they exist when I didn't before.

You know, I think a lot of people feel this way, and I think that's why these ads are a really smart way to advertise. 

We are constantly bombarded with ads everywhere, but I find myself taking particular interest in these NBA jersey ad patches.  Maybe it's because it's the first year they are doing it, or maybe it's something I will do every year.  But these ads on jerseys are now basically a part of the jersey's design.  Meaning, to jersey nerds like us, since we want to understand every single last detail of a jersey's design, we will also want to read into the ad on the jersey.

I've only seen a handful of the jerseys with the ads so far, but for any of them for which I did not recognize the sponsor, I immediately googled information about the sponsor and read a lot about what they were about.  IIRC I think the Jazz had a jersey patch sponsor I had never heard of, and so I ended up googling information about the sponsor and learning a lot about them.  I almost NEVER actually take the time to google a company I have never heard of featured in an ad (even ads I see in the background of sporting events, etc.), but the ad actually being ON the jersey takes things to a new level with me as I feel that if I do not know anything about the sponsor, then I have not fully analyzed the jersey.

eibram    94
10 hours ago, Conrad. said:

DJhoLEbWAAAw1KS.jpg

This WILL NOT look ok in their Blue Jersey.

EDIT: They actually found a way to make it look better. Huh.

Shadojoker    634
5 hours ago, Conrad. said:

The Icon unis are a tad better than the Association unis with the sponsor patch...

DJjxJIbVoAECjzg.jpg

The models are more interesting than the patch!! 😁😁

Bucfan56    3,679

Meh, super lame, but $20 million a season for that little patch makes it more palatable. As long as they keep paying that luxury tax bill and bringing in the best talent, it's sort of a necessary evil. 

pepis21    276

Celtics is looks like old alternate, but in reverse colors and Celtics instead of Boston. Sixers, wow, just wow, I like that wordmark.

Conrad.    794

Agreed. That Sixers wordmark is nice. A nice nod to the Declaration of Independence or whatever other historical doc you want to reference as being written in cursive. I gotta say, the Sixers are at least Top 3 in the league for their uniform set. Quality all around.

FinsUp1214    1,795

Love the idea behind the 76ers alt. The way the "i" and "x" connect bugs me a little bit (it slightly looks like "Siixers"), but not enough to totally kill it.