Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

Hoopladawg87    388

The Celtics alternate desperately needs white incorporated into the trim for the sake of contrast, but even then I'd much prefer their previous green-with-black-trim alternates.

The Sixers alternate has a nice wordmark that is actually relevant, but juxtaposed with the incredibly thick block numerals it looks really out of place.

WSU151    2,399
38 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Love the idea behind the 76ers alt. The way the "i" and "x" connect bugs me a little bit (it slightly looks like "Siixers"), but not enough to totally kill it. 

The i and x do look odd, as it does look like Siixers or Suxers.  It's pretty much two separate letters of a font stuck together rather than an actual cursive script.  Usually a cursive i connects to the top of an x.    Other than that it's a nice jersey.  Seems like the 2000-Iverson era number font would work better on it, but maybe not.

TaylorMade    297
1 hour ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Love the idea behind the 76ers alt. The way the "i" and "x" connect bugs me a little bit (it slightly looks like "Siixers"), but not enough to totally kill it. 

Suxers

mmejia    81

The Rockets are in the middle of ownership change pending league approval. I doubt we'll see any jersey sponsor deal before that's official. Here's a look at the road set. 

IMG_8219.JPG

BigEd76    122
1 hour ago, FinsUp1214 said:

The way the "i" and "x" connect bugs me a little bit (it slightly looks like "Siixers")

or "Suxers"

Hoopladawg87    388
23 minutes ago, Conrad. said:

The actual pictures of the full uniforms look much better to me than the 2K screenshot, though I'd probably still prefer the block font from their Association and Icon jerseys with a 'SIXERS' script and the numerals centered.

BlackBolt3    1,116

IMG_1041.PNG.db19f3323a674e9eb6ff6185ecf8e415.PNG

Looking through the promotional calendar, they are giving away "classic" shirts on Jan 13th against OKC, so I'd bet we see them then, most likely sooner.

UPDATE: From the press release, we get three home games. Also in the release it says that they go on retail in November.

IMG_1042.PNG.140cc5f9b32dfa62503565960127eb21.PNG

From the Crossing Broad article (emphasis mine):

The Sixers have embraced blue as their identity color over the last few years, so the red jerseys will serve as an alternate, but one that they’ll likely wear more this year than they did last year. A new promotions schedule will outline which uniforms they will wear for which game. They will in fact wear this on Christmas, as the league has done away with the holiday specific jerseys this year in lieu of the four Nike uniforms each team will have. They will also soon show off a new court that they’ll use on Friday nights, similar to the heritage court they used on Saturdays last year, and it will be paired with a fourth uniform that will be unveiled later this year.

So no more Christmas jerseys and the Sixers fourth jersey is a Friday alternate with matching court (some kind of throwback?)

RichO    209
39 minutes ago, mjd77 said:

They sure did a number on those pinstripes.

Too thick. And maybe I remember them thinner than they were

hornets-lj-chris-paul.jpg

mjd77    561
22 minutes ago, RichO said:

Too thick. And maybe I remember them thinner than they were

hornets-lj-chris-paul.jpg

Yup...the originals look way better.