NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, pepis21 said:

DEN.png

WTF is that? Deisgner of this must be drunk or high.

If your complaint is that the number font completely clashes with the rest of the jersey, then I agree with you.  Other than that, though, I think it's a good-looking jersey.  They just need to change the number font to better match up with the wordmark and retro feel of the jersey, and I think it would be fine.

1 minute ago, ChicagoOakland said:

POR.png

Easily the worst one.

I'll reserve judgement on that until I see it in action.  I don't see what is so wrong about it.  The blurriness of the picture (at least on my screen) is making it look worse than it probably actually does.  You could probably say that for a lot of these.  Sharper images would make the jerseys look, well, sharper.

I think jerseys with no white in them can sometimes be hard to pull off, but I think this could look okay.  It's sort of bold and daring, if nothing else, which works for a team called the Trail Blazers.

7 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Looks like the angle of the sash is just way too vertical.

I'd bet that's just a 2K issue, and that the sash will be at the same angle as the white and black uniforms:

IMG_7168.thumb.JPG.3782f9df144ee9f7b7b7431fe7cf4a03.JPG

And regarding the design of the red jersey, I like where they were headed with putting the five lines from the pinwheel inside the sash, and I think it's a pretty creative and subtle way of utilizing one of their new secondary colors. Having said that, the overall design definitely suffers from a lack of white, particularly on the wordmarks and/or numbers. I don't hate it as is, and I actually think I like it more than I dislike it, but it easily could've been improved upon. It likely won't be worn nearly as much as the white and black uniforms though, so I'm fine with a bit more experimentation and risk taking on it.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

32 minutes ago, -Akronite- said:

m6n86ll0dplz.jpg

In case it wasn't posted... What is this? Where are those stripes coming from? Maybe it'll look okay from a distance?

Also I should clarify that the new Celts jersey isn't horrible but I don't like them wearing anything but their classic green and white.

Logos on the front of basketball jerseys have never looked good. Not once.

The Cavaliers are breaking new ground with the jersey design being based on the sponsor. Next up: Sixers jerseys that look like giant ticket stubs, brown Sacramento jerseys that have an almond texture sublimated onto them, and sublimated-leather-texture jerseys with name & number in rocker patches on the back for the Milwaukee Bucks.

49 minutes ago, ChicagoOakland said:

POR.png

Easily the worst one.

Nah, I'd say there are quite a few that are worse. Boston, Cleveland, Denver, LAC, Minnesota, Phoenix, and Utah all seem worse to me. And if this screenshot is any indication, it looks like the OKC uniform has a gradient on the back, making it worse than Portland's as well (IMO):IMG_7265.JPG.b3191f2858c73f85b179d9b663257357.JPG

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived