Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

upperV03    2,165
23 minutes ago, TaylorMade said:

This picture also seems to confirm that the Nuggets will be one of the teams with a throwback (sorry if this was already confirmed).

The Nuggets are not one of the eight teams getting a throwback this season. The rainbow skylines are just a uni available in the game.

BucksFan5    75
On 8/31/2017 at 5:02 PM, LA_Angels said:

Delete

NYCdog    73
8 hours ago, Conrad. said:

This is is beautiful.

On 9/7/2017 at 1:37 PM, Hoopladawg87 said:

I know that months if not years of planning go into what eventually become the final uniforms, but I'm going to take this opportunity to shamelessly plug my yellow Utah Jazz alternate concept from a couple months ago that apparently is ending up being relatively close to what they'll actually wear:

jA1qDp4.jpg

I haven't been on the boards much lately, and haven't worked on any concepts in what seems like forever, but with more of the alternates being leaked/released/etc. I might have to get back to it.

This is the Statement the Jazz should've made.

59 minutes ago, TaylorMade said:

NYK.png

...wut?

I like where this is headed. Need to see the whole uniform.

3 hours ago, -Akronite- said:

m6n86ll0dplz.jpg

In case it wasn't posted... What is this? Where are those stripes coming from? Maybe it'll look okay from a distance?

Also I should clarify that the new Celts jersey isn't horrible but I don't like them wearing anything but their classic green and white.

Agreed with the earlier comment of the pattern resembling tire tread pattern.

Hopefully the Cavs don't have "skid marks on their shorts" or that could spawn an unfortunate meme lol

FinsUp1214    1,797
43 minutes ago, kimball said:

Not sure? That looks like David Thompson -- could be an all-time team.

Though I wouldn't mind if they were. But, I don't believe they were on the list? 

Yeah, I don't recall Denver being on the list. It's probably just an in-game throwback option.

Paul Lucas    349
2 hours ago, TaylorMade said:

NYK.png

...wut?

What the cuss?! How about something with 'KNICKS' on it? Or something that doesn't look identical to your standard uni with white interjecting?😒

Digby    697

GST.png

I won't complain about anything that kicks the Copperplate GSW look out of the way, but .... where is this typeface coming from? Kind of a weird choice on top of the other, more obviously weird choices.

Bucfan56    3,689
47 minutes ago, Digby said:

GST.png

I won't complain about anything that kicks the Copperplate GSW look out of the way, but .... where is this typeface coming from? Kind of a weird choice on top of the other, more obviously weird choices.

This jersey has pretty much the exact same problem the previous alt had. It's completely lacking one of their main colors. This would've been MUCH better off as a gold jersey with blue accents. 

Or, even better, just put Oakland on it. It'd be a decent way to give that city a bit of a shoutout (and Oakland really kinda needs it) before they leave for across the bay. 

WSU151    2,410

I think one of the most improved alt jerseys is Orlando's.  Blue pinstripes instead of white, and the neck area was cleaned up substantially. Need to see more, but so far so good.

Fox    50

Honestly can't believe how badly Portland botched their red jersey, that looks awful. Simply inverting the colors of their black jersey would have done the trick.

I don't get the point of the Knicks jersey. It's alright in a vacuum, but it seems to me like a slightly crappier version of the standard white jersey.

The Cavaliers black alternate is so bad, I'd venture to say it's an enormous downgrade from the black sleeved jersey they previously had, which of course was not very popular on here.

The Jazz concept posted in this thread is miles better than what they went with.

The Clippers new black alternate is a huge upgrade over last year's IMO. The red and blue on the old one got lost on the black, and all I saw from a distance was a white basketball outline over a number.

While I think the red Sixers alternate is pretty cool, the modern look of the Nike logo and the Stubhub patch really seem to clash with the script for me. Also, I think they could have done without the drop shadow on this one.

Red Wolf    658
5 hours ago, kimball said:

As a Jazz fan, I want to hate this -- but, I don't ... 

As a fan of a totally different team, I think it might be my favorite Jazz jersey. 

I'm pretty disappointed that the Grizzlies are still using the same Beale St Blue jerseys as before. It's neat that they kind of have the old Thrashers alt logo on the sides, but they're still the only Grizz set I don't care for at all. Pretend the numbers in the picture aren't the sweet split numbers we all loved, but the lame, boring, plain navy blue we all know and deal with. 

DS3CIqC.jpgL1HKtdP.gif

jerseyjunk    8

So the Cavs have  tire tread pattern because of their Goodyear sponsorship.

This opens up a whole new can of worms where the entire jersey is one big ad!  This will spread to other teams.

LakeShow24    39

Good: Hawks, Hornets, Bulls, Lakers, Mavs, Warriors (I'm impressed with this one), Heat, Bucks, Pelicans, Raptors, Wizards, Magic, and T-Wolves (finally! a green jersey!).

Okay: Pistons, Rockets, Grizzles, Knicks, Sixers, Suns, and Kings

Oh No Baby!:  Nets, Celtics, Cavs (inspired by tires!?), Nuggets (it's not the same without the rainbow colors), Pacers, LAC, Thunder, Blazers, Spurs, and Jazz

9 hours ago, Digby said:

GST.png

I think it’s one of the United fonts, which at this point is this era’s version of Serpentine; default and overused.

2 hours ago, jerseyjunk said:

This opens up a whole new can of worms where the entire jersey is one big ad!  This will spread to other teams.

Is this confirmed or just conjecture from sports design conspiracy theorists? Goodyear was announced as the Cavs’ advertiser on May 15, and it’s exceedingly rare to see a jersey going from design to unveil in four months, if it’s even ever happened in the merchandising era.

I suppose it’s plausible that the team knew what was coming and briefed a “Goodyear jersey” before making the Goodyear announcement official, but that would have likely been a year ago or more, a full 8+ months before announcing the advertiser, which seems like a stretch.

BrianLion    987
5 hours ago, jerseyjunk said:

actually I think this is supposed to symbolize them getting run over by the Warriors in the Finals last season...