NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, upperV03 said:

These are... interesting, to say the least.

IMG_7278.thumb.PNG.4f39640d476614c315517ea2c902e0f2.PNGIMG_7279.thumb.PNG.56264bc83d81babdfda389d56afee2ea.PNGIMG_7277.thumb.PNG.b4c35371a050559773a483e7458d27d5.PNG

They look like they were designed for beach volleyball. Or for random dudes in GTA Vice City.

UAAPBeachM.JPG

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Yikes.  Love the effort to bring that back, but the execution has some big flaws.

Just looks like parts of the upper jersey are tucked in with safety pins. 

I just don't get it. Is that supposed to be stylish and/or innovative??

Some additional thoughts from the newest leaks:

-The Bulls look really sharp.

-The Nuggets side panels look really bad and uninspired -- random, off-balance color-blocking is never the answer.

-The Warriors having blue on the shorts but not the jersey again feels off-balance without reason.

-The Rockets look really not sharp.

-The Pacers sublimated cornfield pattern on the entire back of their uniform is interesting -- I expected it sublimated in some fashion, but not quite on that scale.

-The Knicks look surprisingly better than I previously thought.

-The Thunder overthought what could have been a very good alternate look.

-The Trail Blazers destroying the sash's continuity onto the shorts is a travesty on an otherwise solid look.

-The Jazz yellow looks very abrasive.

19 hours ago, upperV03 said:

The Nuggets are not one of the eight teams getting a throwback this season. The rainbow skylines are just a uni available in the game.

Teams planned for the throwbacks are Atlanta, Charlotte, Golden State, Indiana, Lakers, Miami, Milwaukee and Phoenix

While on that, I am working on a MASSIVE worksheet for all the new jerseys this season with the dates worn for all.  That'll be a season long project and I am doing the same thing with the NHL this season as well.  None of this relates to the exact topic at hand

Nuggets - should have outlined the skyline with blue and it would have BROUGHT OUT the skyline smoothly!

Pacers - Should have added white or white outlines somewhere in those gold unis. Name,number or wordmarks to make it pop. Otherwise it looks dull.

Blazers - insert gun in mouth

Pistons - good

Brooklyn - Excellent

Memphis - Outlines for the numbers but otherwise, same

Jazz - the entire wordmark instead of the J note otherwise a decent look.

OKC - It had potential to be nice but it's sooo loud!! 

Phoenix - inside the park home run

Orlando - standing Home run

New York - Grand Slam

Houston - I love it!!!

CELTICS - Triple double game -  they did what Indiana,Memphis and others should have done.

Cleveland - aight. Don't love it but don't hate it.

Minnesota - Ok but still failed on the other unis.

shado_logo.gif

I'm not usually one for really strong takes on NBA uniforms, but.

The OKC alts are the greatest purely alternate (non-throwback) uniform in sports. They're dope as hell. The colors look fantastic (like they belong in a Stranger Things episode), the little break in the lettering is great, like it's static or lightning or something idk but I love it.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

New alternate court for the Kings:

It'll be used "during games with global themes and when the team suits up in the global uniform." Obviously, their black uniform is what they're referring to as the "global uniform". Also from their press release, "For the team's biggest global celebrations, Bollywood and Lunar New Year theme nights, interchangeable panels featuring a new regional logo - a Kings crown with the team's name in Hindi or Mandarin - will be added to the floor." You can see how those look on the floor if you check their responses to the above tweet. Lastly, their press release also says that they'll have a third court that will correspond with their fourth uniform, and it'll be released together with that uniform.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

48 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

New alternate court for the Kings:

It'll be used "during games with global themes and when the team suits up in the global uniform." Obviously, their black uniform is what they're referring to as the "global uniform". Also from their press release, "For the team's biggest global celebrations, Bollywood and Lunar New Year theme nights, interchangeable panels featuring a new regional logo - a Kings crown with the team's name in Hindi or Mandarin - will be added to the floor." You can see how those look on the floor if you check their responses to the above tweet. Lastly, their press release also says that they'll have a third court that will correspond with their fourth uniform, and it'll be released together with that uniform.

I am expecting that third court to either me the throwback or predominantly display baby blue from the teasers and hints the team has released since unveiling their first uniform this offseason. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

9 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

I think it’s one of the United fonts, which at this point is this era’s version of Serpentine; default and overused.

Yes, thank you. United Sans overuse came on hard and fast. It's probably because it looks sportsy without being athletic block or Machine.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

6 hours ago, TaylorMade said:

The shoulder seam has been redesigned to allow players a full range of motion at the scapula.

Not directed at you personally...just at Nike:  So now the NBA has a lot of bad players with absolutely no excuse, right?  

I'm sure Jordan and Kareem complained incessantly about not having a full range of motion at the scapula back in the day. Hell at one point in the early 2000s thick/wide shoulder cuts were the trend in college and the NBA.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Still wish their black uniforms removed the gray trim for purple instead since they already incorporate gray in both the association/icon unis. Court would pop more if that gray was purple. Seems likely the Kings 3rd court will be their throwback baby blue one. Wish they'd incorporate their lionball logo more often tbh and put that as the center court logo or at least on their shorts

Archived