NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, juggoo said:

Watching a the fake trailer for the "movie" Moreyball on the Ringer I came across with this Houston Rockets logo... I didn't see it on the main site and I've never seen it before, new logo in the works?

houstonrox.png.444b12d4f996d7746d28b987678efa29.png

Houston is one of the few teams that still doesn't have a basketball in it's primary or secondary logo

19 hours ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Yes, but I don't see them selling everything just to add a Nike logo, taking off an Adidas logo, and potentially add an ad (I hope not). I smell a rebrand in the air.

Majestic had STEEP discounts on their authentic jerseys, just because they were going from cool base to flex base.

Reebok had steep sales on their jerseys went from the old system to RDK edge in 2007.

Not uncommon at all

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

14 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Back on the subject of the Blazers, something along these longs (with or without the dark gray in place of black) is what I'm hoping to see, at least in regards to the logos.

Blazerslogos.thumb.png.9edfb271c0432bbc02b503e8edc12241.png

I don't see them ditching black. But, I could see them going with something along these lines.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

Back on the subject of the Blazers, something along these lines (with or without the dark gray in place of black) is what I'm hoping to see, at least in regards to the logos.

They keep black drop gray. Love the secondary- hopefully there isn't wordmark on the pinwheel.

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

Back on the subject of the Blazers, something along these lines (with or without the dark gray in place of black) is what I'm hoping to see, at least in regards to the logos.

That's a nice update. I keep forgetting that they are getting new logos next season.

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

20 minutes ago, Toronto206 said:

They keep black drop gray. Love the secondary- hopefully there isn't wordmark on the pinwheel.

The primary logo is supposed to include the city and team name, so there will almost definitely be a wordmark on whatever their primary logo actually ends up being.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Roundels are old news and the hurricane logo is classic, but: I love the hell out of the Blazers' Rip City alt. The Fremont bridge touch is brilliant, esp since the arena is right next to it. And whatever they do I'd love to see that font return in place of the Impact-ish one they've been using for years.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

So on the April 6th edition of the Rip City Report podcast, which features the Oregonian's Blazers beat reporter Joe Freeman, as well as the Blazers' official beat reporter Casey Holdahl, they mentioned that if the team made the playoffs (which they have), the new logo will likely be unveiled about or month or so after their season concludes. They also said that, according to the information they've received, the uniforms will likely be unveiled in stages during the summer, with the primary uniforms being unveiled before the alternates. That's about the only information they were able to give, but at least it provides somewhat of an updated timeframe as to when it will all be unveiled. After doing a quick scan through previous episodes of the podcast from throughout the season, the only other information they've given has basically just been echoing what the team president said about the new look being a modernization and nothing drastic. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2017 at 4:15 PM, juggoo said:

Here's a better look (in context)

housrox.thumb.png.32370af921b5963fe1fe9e7fa2f8839f.png

I hope this logo does find its way Rockets history soon. I have long awaited a return to red and yellow as primaries. The fauxback jerseys from 2009-2015 were the biggest tease.

On 4/12/2017 at 7:26 PM, dont care said:

They have to get rid of all adidas stock before it becomes dead stock when the Nike deal goes into effect. Same exact thing happened when Nike took over the NFL deal. They weren't even letting stores like Ross and Beale sell old jerseys. 

Likewise, I was able to get a Ravens jersey just before the 2011 season started. Thought it was for the lockout, but now that I think of it, it's definitely because Nike was coming the following year. Wonder if I'll see something like that soon with Wizards jerseys or some of the rest of the NBA, even though I live in Baltimore, so it may not be as prevalent as if I was going to such stores in and around the DC area.

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

On 4/13/2017 at 4:28 PM, upperV03 said:

I really like these.  Probably an unpopular opinion, but I think replacing black with dark gray would be a good move.  Of course I'd have to reserve final judgement until I see a dark gray road uni. 

According to local sports giant Berry Tramel, the Thunder are dropping the sunset orange alternates next year. This is interesting when looking at OKC's jersey lineup below, as the navy vertical wordmark alternate was retired before this season and the white sleeved alternate will be shelved after the Nike takeover. So, if OKC is dropping the orange alternate as well, that means OKC will be down to the home white and oklahoma blue away. Unless OKC is changing their jerseys with Nike? 

Perhaps @Conrad. can confirm?

Tramel.png

OKCunispng.png

Archived