Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

Shadojoker    643

I was so bothered by the Pacers Gold statement uniforms lack of white especially since the other uniforms are done well in terms of color balance, complimentary outlines and trims. 

So I decided to take a closer look..

WHO IS THE IDIOT that decided to use Gold OUTLINES (on the wordmark and numbers ) AND GOLD TRIM (on the collar) on a GOLD uniform???!! 

blf_5639.jpg?itok=RC06F8Nx

blf_5643.jpg?itok=QyB2xUET

blf_5632.jpg?itok=cCUwJO9B

They pretty much used the home uniform and colored it gold and called it a day. SMH.

CitizenTino    150

No opinion either way on the new playoffs logo. I was never in love with the old one, so no great loss there.

The new Finals logo, though? Awful. The double-decker design is just so awkward, especially when you can remove "THE" or put "NBA" inside the league logo where it belongs, and make the logo a single deck. (Still worse than the classic logo, but better than this disaster.)

Also: Guess we finally will get a new jersey patch in the Finals this year too?

the admiral    10,665
On 9/16/2017 at 7:32 AM, andrewharrington said:

Trust me. I’m a professional.

Arguing on the internet:

1051307799_72df025ad9.jpg

panthers_2012    480
8 minutes ago, the admiral said:

Arguing on the internet:

1051307799_72df025ad9.jpg

More like :argue:... and no one is the real winner. 

CS85    5,402

Everything about the Pacers brand is molten abortion clinic trash.  Utter refuse.  Slowly but surely giving NBA teams clearance to make everything in a goddamn circle so they can otherwise fill the rest of the uniform with advertisements & slowly destroy the soul of uniform integrity.

In the meantime, I'm all for the 76ers being as retro as possible, because unlike the Wizards and Pistons, they know how to look good in RWB.

VDizzle12    261
17 minutes ago, Satomiblood said:

I have to wonder if the new Playoffs and Finals logos will be featured on courts next postseason. I really miss seeing them on the floor.

Probably not. Didn't they stop because players kept slipping and getting injured on the decals?

Satomiblood    98
13 minutes ago, VDizzle12 said:

Probably not. Didn't they stop because players kept slipping and getting injured on the decals?

I did hear of that as a reason, but it kind of baffles me because on-court playoff logos had been featured from 1991-2014. I believe 1991 was the first postseason they started using the on-court logo for the 3 conference rounds anyway. That's obviously a long time. If players did complain about the injury risks, I don't know when they would've started voicing their opinions (perhaps during the previous logo set's span: 2007-2014). Anyway, I can't imagine there isn't a way to display the logos while quelling fears of slipping.

CitizenTino    150

I'm waiting for ESPN to add in the playoffs/Finals logos on the court as TV graphics (they've already done it with the shot clock and ads for college games), or for the NBA to use custom floors for the Finals, like the All-Star Game.

BrandMooreArt    1,518
On 9/18/2017 at 10:51 PM, Shadojoker said:

I was so bothered by the Pacers Gold statement uniforms lack of white especially since the other uniforms are done well in terms of color balance, complimentary outlines and trims. 

So I decided to take a closer look..

WHO IS THE IDIOT that decided to use Gold OUTLINES (on the wordmark and numbers ) AND GOLD TRIM (on the collar) on a GOLD uniform???!! 

blf_5639.jpg?itok=RC06F8Nx

blf_5643.jpg?itok=QyB2xUET

blf_5632.jpg?itok=cCUwJO9B

They pretty much used the home uniform and colored it gold and called it a day. SMH.

their gold and white doesn't work very well next to each other so im pretty happy to see a 2-color uniform for this alternate. the gold twill is the better choice over blue around the type because it would otherwise close the letters (and possibly numbers) too much. if the outline were blue that leaves very little space in the counter of the D (and add A and P). that leads to clunky type that is hard to read unless you're holding the jersey and this is a similar issue with their blue jersey especially where white meets gold and theres not enough of a letter/number there. of all the things the Pacers/Nike have done, this yellow alternate is one of the highlights of the whole package from a craft standpoint

mike2sana    67
On 9/17/2017 at 4:30 PM, Digby said:

Just noticed that Houston's black jersey looks a little different this year -- all-red collar and all-gray arm trim, rather than black with red lines on both of those as it was last year. New look is a downgrade in that department but I suppose brings it more in line with the updated regular set. 

WTTA_TAriza_GH_017_native_1600.jpg?15055

I can imagine this looking cool if one of the arm holes was yellow

WSU151    2,546
5 minutes ago, mike2sana said:

I can imagine this looking cool if one of the arm holes was yellow

One yellow arm hole would probably be awkward/ugly.  Both arm holes being yellow might be cool.  

6 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Alternate court is much better than regular.

Another (After GSW) photo of swingman jersey:

DKHHE7vVAAAYtQT.jpgDKHHE6eUIAEN8if.jpg

No faux stitching. That looks clean. Actually, I think it will be a big hit because it has full arm trim as well.

32 minutes ago, BrandMooreArt said:

their gold and white doesn't work very well next to each other so im pretty happy to see a 2-color uniform for this alternate. the gold twill is the better choice over blue around the type because it would otherwise close the letters (and possibly numbers) too much. if the outline were blue that leaves very little space in the counter of the D (and add A and P). that leads to clunky type that is hard to read unless you're holding the jersey and this is a similar issue with their blue jersey especially where white meets gold and theres not enough of a letter/number there. of all the things the Pacers/Nike have done, this yellow alternate is one of the highlights of the whole package from a craft standpoint

The proper way to do it would be to rework the lettering and numbers for single-color usage with raised blue trim. You have to think it was only done this way for efficiency’s sake (same appliqué and trim for both white and gold jersey), though I have to say, I like it more than I normally like the “trim the same color as the garment” technique because it’s used throughout the uniform, even on the arm trim, and because the trim is the top layer, rather than the bottom layer, which never looked quite right to me.

KillWIll    18
36 minutes ago, TheOatsMustFlow said:

From the Suns Instagram, looks like they will be using the 50 seasons logo at center court... shame.IMG_2037.thumb.PNG.b5fc09cd850fb3d3fdc4ea89659c480d.PNG

That's weird, because in NBA 2k18 it uses the same court as last year. Maybe it's an alternate court or something?