Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

Bucfan56    3,684

It looks like the NBA/Finals patch may be moved back to the front of the jersey. It's that way in NBA 2K18, anyway. 

JELKK    6
On 9/18/2017 at 2:36 PM, nyk said:

So apparently Tom Gores, Pistons' owner, will have his company Platinum Equity on the floor where the arena name usually goes.

IMG_6082.PNG

This is how I think the pistons court should look like. His company or not, you SHOULD NOT put ads on the playing surface part of the court. They should stay on the sidelines and even that is pushing it.

courtsidemap.png

Digby    697
2 minutes ago, bushy said:

Woah. What jersey is that? Is that an alternate or something???

That's the Knicks' "statement" jersey, aka their third jersey, and if you're wondering why it barely looks any different than their usual white uniform, join the club.

bushy    42
6 minutes ago, Digby said:

That's the Knicks' "statement" jersey, aka their third jersey, and if you're wondering why it barely looks any different than their usual white uniform, join the club.

Ohhhh. I forgot about those. The rollout for these jerseys have been slow so I haven't been on this thread in a good amount of weeks so I missed all of this lol. 

1 hour ago, JELKK said:

This is how I think the pistons court should look like. His company or not, you SHOULD NOT put ads on the playing surface part of the court. They should stay on the sidelines and even that is pushing it.

courtsidemap.png

I got news for you, bro: there are still two ads on your preferred playing surface. They’re just pizza ads instead of financial ads.

Tracy Jordan    52
4 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

It looks like the NBA/Finals patch may be moved back to the front of the jersey. It's that way in NBA 2K18, anyway. 

Good. I was never a fan of placing the patch on the back of the jersey anyway. It would be nice if they brought back the center court Finals logo too...

NBA+Finals+Game+5+Los+Angeles+Lakers+v+O

Conrad.    798
5 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

Even for teams who have an ad patch? Did they remove the ad patch or the Nike logo from the front? Got a screenshot?

kimball    598
1 hour ago, KGeeX5 said:

The HEAT are set to make an announcement tomorrow at 11:30. Official unveiling? Sponsor?Screenshot_20170920-220852.thumb.png.d62907565a76be9ed49845a7c576f99d.png

From the looks of it and angles  .... yep. Don't get too excited.

Germanshepherd    538
On 9/18/2017 at 11:05 AM, insert name said:

Youve gotta be :censored:ing kidding me. The old look was perfect. 

the admiral    10,220

The Finals is the weakest brand of the four championships (Super Bowl > World Series > Stanley Cup with a big gap between 2 and 3) but at least they had that cool cursive logo. YA BLEW IT

Bucfan56    3,684
3 hours ago, Conrad. said:

Even for teams who have an ad patch? Did they remove the ad patch or the Nike logo from the front? Got a screenshot?

I'll try to get one tonight or tomorrow. 

KGeeX5    404
7 hours ago, kimball said:

From the looks of it and angles  .... yep. Don't get too excited.

Just saw another post confirming it's about an Ad Sponsor... Damn. I had a glimmer of hope the Heat would be spared. 

buckeye    212
13 hours ago, colortv said:

Statement jersey:

DJz3bB-VYAASURn.jpg

DJzz8vcVwAAZI7A.jpg:large

I'm becoming more and more of a fan of that OKC jersey every time I see it. The lightning effect on the OKC really does a lot for such a blank identity otherwise.

eRay    109
11 hours ago, KGeeX5 said:

The HEAT are set to make an announcement tomorrow at 11:30. Official unveiling? Sponsor?Screenshot_20170920-220852.thumb.png.d62907565a76be9ed49845a7c576f99d.png

Am I going crazy or does the number look like it's shaped differently in this photo than in previous years? Almost looks like it's narrower and just off-center but not really aligned with the right side of the wordmark. Other option being there are three digits there that have something to do with the sponsor that's being revealed.

edit:Now I think I'm just going crazy. Probably nothing to see hear.

RichO    211
26 minutes ago, buckeye said:

I'm becoming more and more of a fan of that OKC jersey every time I see it. The lightning effect on the OKC really does a lot for such a blank identity otherwise.

I can't decide if they're going for lightning or like a static effect- which kinda plays into the sound/loudness theme the say they're going for with the lines on the back.. I thought there was something wrong with the picture the first couple times I saw it, to be honest.

KGeeX5    404

According to their Facebook, theres a live video just playing this. I'm guessing its whatever Ultimate Software is.

image.png.ea9b2068118f0e1697c7bf2423e1a296.png