NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

On 20/9/2017 at 11:50 PM, KillWIll said:

That's weird, because in NBA 2k18 it uses the same court as last year. Maybe it's an alternate court or something?

Not that weird: 2k is just a video game; It could give you a teaser of what's coming, but just that and nothing beyond. Many more changes will come, 2k will update most of them and some will not. Plain and simple.

Your queen is just a pawn with some fancy moves.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, kodrinsky said:

Well, I guess you are talking about the swingman jerseys, because the authentic adidas rev30 were just awesome and nike is never gonna match that. It had all the things that make a jersey great: layers, texture and thick embroidery. The swingman were just crap.

zwpo8rt5omjo01sinl8r.jpg

There were a few instances of these numbers falling off of jerseys, and I'm not sure the jersey-colored outline layer was really beneficial.  The kiss-cut and mesh were nice.

But the weird thing is, for this year, it looks like Nike is using swingman-style screen printed twill for wordmarks and numbers (with a mesh treatment applied to the numbers).  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

23 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

There were a few instances of these numbers falling off of jerseys, and I'm not sure the jersey-colored outline layer was really beneficial.  The kiss-cut and mesh were nice.

But the weird thing is, for this year, it looks like Nike is using swingman-style screen printed twill for wordmarks and numbers (with a mesh treatment applied to the numbers).  

Screen printed twill is just crap. I'm really disappointed with nike's new path on screen printing jerseys and recycled plastic materials.

Your queen is just a pawn with some fancy moves.

18 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

Rev30 was an important uniform milestone. The weight reduction alone was astronomical, and the concept of reducing the amount of material in the numbers to avoid multiple layers of fabric building up and holding moisture was innovative on a league-wide scale, and something that’s being continued with the new uniforms.

I but all gave up on Adidas in 2010 when they switched to Rev 30 garbage.  Up until them I liked them as much as like Nike when they made awesome shiny Dri-Fit jerseys leaving right where they left off from what Nike and Reebok did.  But switching it to the "lighter" look doesn't mean it looked great.  I am happy went to NBA to Nike, they look mostly better except a few that are questionable, but not as horrible as post 2010 Adidas did.

My two cents.

21 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

Rev30 was an important uniform milestone. The weight reduction alone was astronomical, and the concept of reducing the amount of material in the numbers to avoid multiple layers of fabric building up and holding moisture was innovative on a league-wide scale, and something that’s being continued with the new uniforms.

Yeah, that does sound like a nightmare, wet numbers.  Imagine Michel Jordan playing though that hell every night. Somehow he still managed to do pretty good, amazing!

5 hours ago, jerseyjunk said:

Yeah, that does sound like a nightmare, wet numbers.  Imagine Michel Jordan playing though that hell every night. Somehow he still managed to do pretty good, amazing!

MJ wore screen-printed numbers for much of his career; even less moisture retention!

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

7 hours ago, orangefaniniowa said:

I but all gave up on Adidas in 2010 when they switched to Rev 30 garbage.  Up until them I liked them as much as like Nike when they made awesome shiny Dri-Fit jerseys leaving right where they left off from what Nike and Reebok did.  But switching it to the "lighter" look doesn't mean it looked great.  I am happy went to NBA to Nike, they look mostly better except a few that are questionable, but not as horrible as post 2010 Adidas did.

My two cents.

For a player, I’m sure the feel and performance of the garment carries a bit more weight (no pun intended) than whether or not it’s awesomely shiny.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

12 hours ago, WSU151 said:

The new NBA jerseys have kiss-cut sewn twill around all the wordmarks and numbers. The fill fabric of the numbers is laser perforated (like some of the NHL numbers), not mesh. 

The original goal with the adidas numbers was to heat press them to the jersey so that there was no stitching on the inside to rub against the skin. The plan didn’t hold up long-term, though, so they ended up being sewn down in the end.

Regarding the garment color outline, I always preferred what was done on the college jerseys (or on three-layer numbers like San Antonio’s), where the outer layer was the color of the number or part of the color sequence, not the same color as the garment.

9 minutes ago, alecgoff said:

lakerswish.1506022659.jpg

I WISH that the Lakers, along with every other team in the NBA got rid of these terrible patches. Throwing away decades of history and pride for a sponsorship with a company that I never heard of... 

I guess you don't understand the power of greed. Plus they are advertising to 100s of countries who watches live or on YouTube in perpetuity. If you have heard of them, then they wouldn't need to advertise in the first place. I don't see Porsche or Ferrari needing to pay a team for a patch.

12 minutes ago, sayahh said:

I guess you don't understand the power of greed. Plus they are advertising to 100s of countries who watches live or on YouTube in perpetuity. If you have heard of them, then they wouldn't need to advertise in the first place. I don't see Porsche or Ferrari needing to pay a team for a patch.

Nobody's heard of Disney or GE, right?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

26 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Nobody's heard of Disney or GE, right?

Touché.  Was replying to alecgoff's statement on Wish and Wish alone, but generally speaking, companies that don't need to advertise don't--or do it in places where it will reach their targeted demographic better than the NBA.

16 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

MJ wore screen-printed numbers for much of his career; even less moisture retention!

Screen-printed numbers are much worse than twill numbers,  screen-printed numbers will stick to your skin, they won't breathe and get cold and disgusting when you take a break.

13 hours ago, jerseyjunk said:

Screen-printed numbers are much worse than twill numbers,  screen-printed numbers will stick to your skin, they won't breathe and get cold and disgusting when you take a break.

Good, so we’re in agreement that the new way of constructing and applying numbers is better than the old...

_
           /  (|
          (    :
     ___ \    \   ______
  (_____)      `|
(______)       |
  (_____)  -__|
    (____)___-| _____

6 minutes ago, Shadojoker said:

crop_exact_PG_Russ_Melo_3x2.jpg?h=400&w=

Can't believe this is true

As a Blazers fan, it’s a little bit tough to swallow since we’re division rivals with OKC (although the divisions don’t mean much anymore). Having said that, it’s still infinitely better than if this came true:

49925562-4A6D-43FD-9FDC-64A93F7711FA.thumb.jpeg.4674b728b6a0f934849a5698f68e142d.jpeg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived