NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Hoopladawg87 said:

Here's a link showing pictures of some Nike NBA apparel that'll presumably be available 9/29: 

http://www.basket4ballers.com/en/212-nba

If those really are the on court shorts, then it looks like the shorts are paper thin with screen printed logos instead of the previous  Adidas´s fully embroidered logos.......pure garage 

On 26/9/2017 at 12:59 AM, colortv said:

enes-kanter-doug-mcdermott-media-dayu.jp

Did the blue outline in the wordmark get thinner in favor of the silver?

Compare this

of-accuser-says-she-lied-for-money-archi

to this

usa_today_10305859.0.jpg

You can barely see the silver on D-Rose, I doubt anyone would even notice it was there if it wasn't mentioned. Whereas you can DEFINITELY see the silver on Porzingis, and it seems like it's the same thickness as the blue now.

If I'm not just imagining things, I'd say it's a downgrade. Yeah there was no point to the barely there outline on the adidas jersey, but the silver really shouldn't be there anyway so at least it was inobtrusive. Now the blue is barely there like the orange on the Dolphins, and there's a really noticeable difference in the weights of the blue outlines of the number and wordmark which irks me. A shame too, the Knicks were one of the few teams the Nike template upgraded

07Giants.pngnyy.png

19 hours ago, jerseyjunk said:

If those really are the on court shorts, then it looks like the shorts are paper thin with screen printed logos instead of the previous  Adidas´s fully embroidered logos.......pure garage 

The days of associating thick + embroidery with quality are gone. All about being thin + light.

19 hours ago, jerseyjunk said:

The application of the logos on the new NBA shorts is actually pretty similar to what Nike’s used on their Vapor Aeroswift soccer kits. The primary difference is that the outer border of the logos on the NBA shorts is sewn on, whereas on the soccer kits it’s all heat transferred. But for both Nike’s soccer kits and the new NBA shorts, there’s essentially a rubber-like material that’s heat transferred onto fabric to make up the details of the logos. See here:

9973F3A7-7CD8-4CE0-8FAE-60378585E2D0.jpeg.f841e55a8bba6770cc52032366475d48.jpeg1E3BF043-46D0-4535-A028-26A9555900C0.thumb.jpeg.175025302304efe1640c0f27e85da4c1.jpeg2E882101-E165-4A70-A817-8D7098EE3C44.jpeg.6788639914b921acbbd641b829e7d39a.jpeg

And for reference, here’s what it looks like on the soccer kits:

3DA117BD-6654-4F5E-BC3B-BA73CE2571F2.thumb.jpeg.d6fe59cd2651a3cb0249b56c8045f67e.jpeg

I actually really like Nike’s application of the logos on the new NBA shorts, and I’ve been a big fan of it on their Vapor Aeroswift soccer kits as well. It’s a nice way to achieve a nice textured, layered effect without sacrificing much weight.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

20 hours ago, jerseyjunk said:

I park on the street.

14 hours ago, JPDesign said:

The days of associating thick + embroidery with quality are gone. All about being thin + light.

I don´t necessarily associate thick embroidery with quality, it´s just way nicer to look at.

And when you spend a fortune on authentic jerseys and shorts you want them to be different than the replicas. 

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

Arm trim on the back of the swingman jerseys looks 100% better than the authentic!

Authentic:                                                                                   Swingman:

ff_2709214_full.jpg&w=340ff_2711177_full.jpg&w=340

2014Event7_Medal.pngEvent5_Medal.pngSDLureFT1L2.pngwb9iz8.jpg

Archived