NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Tracy Jordan said:

The Suns' new uniforms looked really good tonight. 

usa_today_10326434.0.jpg

I actually thought they looked pretty terrible... The colors are great, but that’s about it. There’s a serious disconnect between the jerseys and shorts, and the overall design is just extremely uninspired IMO. I’d say they took one step forward with the colors, and two fairly significant steps back with the design (and that’s saying something because the design of their previous set wasn’t great, either).

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

8 hours ago, Tracy Jordan said:

The Suns' new uniforms looked really good tonight. 

usa_today_10326434.0.jpg

I know you're talking about the Suns, but if the Blazers just kept the numbers 1-color to go with the word mark then it would be perfection (even with the silver trim). Still the best look in team history.

ExJworW.png

10 minutes ago, Digby said:

I actually liked the Blazers wordmark at unveil time, but I like it less on the jersey in action. The old one was dated, as is the number with that outline, so I'm not sure how to fix it.

The black uniform looks much better than the white one, IMO, 1) because the red outline works much better on the white numbers and black background than the black numbers and white background, and 2) because the “PORTLAND” wordmark fits much better in the space between the swoosh and the front number:

8B9C8C63-F9B1-45A6-B521-8BAA670FA1D8.thumb.jpeg.2733a6d170232f15ad715a07a3b56df0.jpeg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

23 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

I know you're talking about the Suns, but if the Blazers just kept the numbers 1-color to go with the word mark then it would be perfection (even with the silver trim). Still the best look in team history.

I agree re: unifying the one-color wordmarks with the numerals. I'd go a step further and eliminate the silver trim entirely, though. 

I'm pretty sure I mocked that up some time ago, but never posted it. When I get to my desktop I'll post it because as much as I still like their new look, I think those few additional tweaks make more sense and look better.

8 minutes ago, Hoopladawg87 said:

I agree re: unifying the one-color wordmarks with the numerals. I'd go a step further and eliminate the silver trim entirely, though. 

I'm pretty sure I mocked that up some time ago, but never posted it. When I get to my desktop I'll post it because as much as I still like their new look, I think those few additional tweaks make more sense and look better.

Couple of observations: 

1) I was hoping new material would fix the loud, saturated green the Hawks' road uniforms have on T.V., but it appears worse -- both the numbers and the nobs glow on T.V. In previous template it was just the names on the back. I'm already tired of these uniforms, though the homes with the red numbers look so much better. The road blacks are just too dirty for me. 

2) I JUST NOW noticed the Rockets' jerseys have traditional piping and the original design is minimalized on the side panel. It looks awful. They might as well completely change the look. 

3) Big fan of Phoenix. The new sun burst on the shorts doesn't feel as out of place as the old one. 

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

Up close look at the new ref jerseys:

E4FA2862-1DE1-411F-AB6C-12F00DC25699.thumb.jpeg.6d743ebf7a0f495cd839c4dc7b246935.jpeg

First thing that came to mind was Wonder Woman.

2 hours ago, Wally1912 said:

How come the Lakers and Nike can't see there is a huge problem with the space at the top of numeral 9? The 6 does not have the same issue.

DLLsDhFUMAAH8cT.jpg

DLBPo3xU8AUEt24.jpg

This has been an issue since the Adidas days, maybe even the later Reebok days iirc.

From a distance, the Nuggets' navy jerseys (especially the side panels) look pretty much the same as the Grizzlies'.  Probably one of the worst changes this year.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived