Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

I'm hearing the Jazz will have an alternate court to go along with their community jerseys. Wonder if the court will have an arch on it.

Like this:

520674940_031dc911bc_b.jpg

From Zach Lowe's League Pass rankings about the Jazz.

And trust me: The upcoming fourth jersey and accompanying court design are awesome, and like nothing you've seen before in the NBA.

3 minutes ago, monkeypower said:

I'm excited and scared. Good thing I don't have a full bladder right now.

2 hours ago, monkeypower said:

Just remember we already saw plenty of gradients and ridiculous courts designs in the '90s so this must really be out there.

Any rumblings anywhere about the Celtics community uniform being green and orange like the Irish flag? All of Kyrie Irving's Nikes he's been wearing have been some combination of white, black, green & orange. The orange seems to come out of nowhere, but Nike would know what the 4th jersey will look like and might be planning ahead. Just a thought.

1 hour ago, pepis21 said:

What about Pelicans, they will wear sleeveless version of their Mardi Grass uniforms?

I would freakin' hope so. Or at least something very similarly designed. If a New Orleans team has a "City" jersey, it BETTER be Mardi Gras themed.

On 10/1/2017 at 8:38 PM, Survival79 said:

This needs to be used more! Went to find this hat and couldn't. This wolf is a great segue from the old snarling wolf.

On 10/1/2017 at 9:38 PM, Survival79 said:

I like this logo, but at first glance I thought the wolf was wearing a little hate like the old NC State logo.

61BukFMLZnL._SY450_.jpg

So happy to have purple back.

8 hours ago, Tracy Jordan said:

The Suns' new uniforms looked really good tonight. 

usa_today_10326434.0.jpg

I actually thought they looked pretty terrible... The colors are great, but that’s about it. There’s a serious disconnect between the jerseys and shorts, and the overall design is just extremely uninspired IMO. I’d say they took one step forward with the colors, and two fairly significant steps back with the design (and that’s saying something because the design of their previous set wasn’t great, either).

8 hours ago, Tracy Jordan said:

The Suns' new uniforms looked really good tonight. 

usa_today_10326434.0.jpg

I know you're talking about the Suns, but if the Blazers just kept the numbers 1-color to go with the word mark then it would be perfection (even with the silver trim). Still the best look in team history.

I actually liked the Blazers wordmark at unveil time, but I like it less on the jersey in action. The old one was dated, as is the number with that outline, so I'm not sure how to fix it.

10 minutes ago, Digby said:

I actually liked the Blazers wordmark at unveil time, but I like it less on the jersey in action. The old one was dated, as is the number with that outline, so I'm not sure how to fix it.

The black uniform looks much better than the white one, IMO, 1) because the red outline works much better on the white numbers and black background than the black numbers and white background, and 2) because the “PORTLAND” wordmark fits much better in the space between the swoosh and the front number:

8B9C8C63-F9B1-45A6-B521-8BAA670FA1D8.thumb.jpeg.2733a6d170232f15ad715a07a3b56df0.jpeg

23 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

I know you're talking about the Suns, but if the Blazers just kept the numbers 1-color to go with the word mark then it would be perfection (even with the silver trim). Still the best look in team history.

I agree re: unifying the one-color wordmarks with the numerals. I'd go a step further and eliminate the silver trim entirely, though. 

I'm pretty sure I mocked that up some time ago, but never posted it. When I get to my desktop I'll post it because as much as I still like their new look, I think those few additional tweaks make more sense and look better.