NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

12 hours ago, The AFC South said:

Sorry for the tiny image, but the NBA store in Manhattan used the wrong number/NOB font for the Pacers and possibly more teams on a display.

jRrFwVx.png

The Goldendiana State Pacerriors. 

"We Grow Superteams Here."

ibgsr9.jpg

san_diego_destroyers_player_sig___qb_wal

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

Apparently the Timberwolves court can do this...

DMGjK_PVAAAS2u5.jpg:large

Are those lights in the floor? or are are they very concentrated, intense green lights focused on those small areas? I would think they are lights but I can't imagine the T-Wolves getting permission from the NBA to hhave certain parts of the floor not be wooden.

1 hour ago, Power_Ranger_Rick said:

Are those lights in the floor? or are are they very concentrated, intense green lights focused on those small areas? I would think they are lights but I can't imagine the T-Wolves getting permission from the NBA to hhave certain parts of the floor not be wooden.

This is most likely projection mapping the ATL Hawks do something similar down here for floor intros

EDIT: I did 2 seconds of research and found that it is lit from below!

ATL

5 hours ago, anythinglogos said:

So if Nike can make split numbers for the G-League Hustle...

Same template for every team...that huge GLeague mark on the back neck...ugh.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

12 hours ago, anythinglogos said:

So if Nike can make split numbers for the G-League Hustle...

*sigh* I miss seeing the NBA Logoman logo in front of the NBA jerseys; seeing it on the G-League is like pouring salt on a wound...

4 hours ago, pepis21 said:

D-League always have same template for every team except special jerseys.

I was just hoping that with the number of high-quality logos that were released we'd see a little variety in the unis.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I saw the Sixers jerseys in person, and I have to admit, I like the shadow a lot more in person than I did when they were revealed. 

I still don't think it's necessary, and the difference in weights between letters and numbers still bothers me, but it's not the minor disaster that I originally thought it was.

I'd love to hear an argument against them being in the top-tier of uniforms in the league (not going to get into a "top N" or a ranking thing, but they're in the highest tier.)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

I'd love to hear an argument against them being in the top-tier of uniforms in the league (not going to get into a "top N" or a ranking thing, but they're in the highest tier.)

My argument is that it's just a plain retro design, no modern or contemporary elements included to get over the hump.

2 hours ago, truepg said:

My argument is that it's just a plain retro design, no modern or contemporary elements included to get over the hump.

Does it have to be though? I'm in the camp that the Sixers and Bucks are in the top tier in the league and their designs are both well-executed retro

3 minutes ago, ScubaSteve said:

Does it have to be though? I'm in the camp that the Sixers and Bucks are in the top tier in the league and their designs are both well-executed retro

I would argue the Bucks are more modern than retro, but agree that it's extremely well executed.

ExJworW.png

Archived