NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Waffles said:

GLeague Icon (are they doing that too?) jerseys revealed:

I was going to suggest us making a D-League thread for the reveal, but after seeing this -- meh. That pretty much sums it all up.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

4 hours ago, ScubaSteve said:

Does it have to be though? I'm in the camp that the Sixers and Bucks are in the top tier in the league and their designs are both well-executed retro

Bucks have a custom number font, which you can call contemporary, since it hasn't been seen before. Also, their shorts design is anything but retro. Their Adidas set also featured a collar logo. Their whole set has those interesting personal touches that make it unique. Sixers' set is just made of generic pieces.

22 minutes ago, Foxxtrot44 said:

Maybe I missed it, but are the Lakers getting a sky blue uni?

I'm watching a Nike video on New York Times on my phone and I think that's what I just saw.

I’m guessing this is what you saw?

0719A485-7D08-4273-81C6-1DF72CEA9E92.thumb.png.cbd35982bfe05a226b40d3412c6349e6.png

That’s just their MPLS throwback uniform, which was leaked on 2K last week:

By the way, here’s the video @Foxxtrot44 is referencing: 

https://www.nytimes.com/video/fashion/100000005428870/nike-nba-research-lab.html?nytmobile=0

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Looks like I was right about Nike waiting to debut the team-colored socks and accessories until the regular season, as the Celtics are wearing green socks, tights, etc. tonight against the Cavs, who are in white from head to toe. I’ll be curious to see if the Rockets wear red socks and accessories tonight in the later game, and how many teams wear socks and accessories that match the uniform colors in the coming days.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

I had hoped that Nike would fix the "black base layer" problem, and provide players with coordinated base layers to wear.  But there's Wade in the season opener wearing a black compression shirt under his white Cavs uni.  :mad:

Archived