Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

22 minutes ago, Foxxtrot44 said:

Maybe I missed it, but are the Lakers getting a sky blue uni?

I'm watching a Nike video on New York Times on my phone and I think that's what I just saw.

I’m guessing this is what you saw?

0719A485-7D08-4273-81C6-1DF72CEA9E92.thumb.png.cbd35982bfe05a226b40d3412c6349e6.png

That’s just their MPLS throwback uniform, which was leaked on 2K last week:

By the way, here’s the video @Foxxtrot44 is referencing: 

https://www.nytimes.com/video/fashion/100000005428870/nike-nba-research-lab.html?nytmobile=0

Looks like I was right about Nike waiting to debut the team-colored socks and accessories until the regular season, as the Celtics are wearing green socks, tights, etc. tonight against the Cavs, who are in white from head to toe. I’ll be curious to see if the Rockets wear red socks and accessories tonight in the later game, and how many teams wear socks and accessories that match the uniform colors in the coming days.

I had hoped that Nike would fix the "black base layer" problem, and provide players with coordinated base layers to wear.  But there's Wade in the season opener wearing a black compression shirt under his white Cavs uni.  :mad:

Lebron's jersey is ripped!

This is a true Nike nightmare.

DMYxUJMX4AABYvb.jpg

WTF Nike, step your quality up. You can't have the jersey of your signature athlete tearing.

you would expect some kind of a quality stress test when you roll out a brand new uniform for the world's biggest basketball league. pathetic

what is the over under for jersey tears this season? 2 in just a few weeks

Is Nike not doing the gold trimmed ring ceremony uniforms like Adidas did? 

The Dubs' "Champions" emblazoned warm-up hoodies were pitch perfect in their obnoxiousness.  :-)  

I assume they were a one-off for tonight's ring ceremony, but I'd love it if they went full heel and just wore those all season.  

10 minutes ago, keynote said:

The Dubs' "Champions" emblazoned warm-up hoodies were pitch perfect in their obnoxiousness.  :-)  

I assume they were a one-off for tonight's ring ceremony, but I'd love it if they went full heel and just wore those all season.  

I agree 100%. They're gonna have the target on their backs anyways. Embrace being the champs and say bring it on

Why do the jackets say 16 and 17 rather than 15 and 17? 

11 minutes ago, Bucfan56 said:

Why do the jackets say 16 and 17 rather than 15 and 17? 

Because last season was the 2016/17 season... Even if the jackets did have 15 and 17 on them, as if referencing the 2015 championship and last season’s, it wouldn’t really make sense to not include the years of the franchise’s other three championships as well.