Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

I wonder why the lakers didnt wear purple

and i wonder what that means for purple going forward. Only vs teams who wear their own yellow? Utah or indiana for example.

2 hours ago, HighCheese said:

I wonder why the lakers didnt wear purple

and i wonder what that means for purple going forward. Only vs teams who wear their own yellow? Utah or indiana for example.

It seems like teams aren't supposed to wear the "statement" jerseys until about 2 weeks into the season, so LA was probably forced into yellow.

Never thought people would be wearing basketball shorts above their knee ever again. It’s so jarring to me. I still wear my shorts over my knee. 

Comparing Celtics authentics off of Fanatics... I know it's an imperfect method but it's the best I can think of at the moment.

ff_2734303alt1_full.jpg&w=600ff_2709211_full.jpg&w=600

Looks like it could just be the material?

I saw some of the game last night and didn't notice anything odd about the green.  I don't watch as much as you guys so maybe I wasn't as used to the "old" one, but it looked acceptable to me.

19 hours ago, upperV03 said:

The Timberwolves just dropped their uniform schedule for all 41 home games:

842D111B-B893-4103-8EDD-65F6169DCBD9.thumb.jpeg.177ba49eb8b68bedb0478000aecd970f.jpeg

The grey boxes are the games where they’ll wear the unreleased fourth uniform, but it could also be a clue that the fourth uniform might be grey. 

Edit: Should’ve posted in the Timberwolves’ thread. My bad.

Looks like a grey "pride" uni is all but confirmed. 

45 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Looks like it could just be the material?

I saw some of the game last night and didn't notice anything odd about the green.  I don't watch as much as you guys so maybe I wasn't as used to the "old" one, but it looked acceptable to me.

Yeah I'd agree here, not sure it looks THAT different to me. Plus Celtics green has always been hard to pin down if you look across the many different shades that their fan merch comes in.

6 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

As a Lakers fan I can assure you that the yellow is fine but the Celtics definitely altered the green.

Not sure if lighter or different shade of yellow, but it definitely looks flat (matte?) and not the same to me.

Celtics 2016:

Celtics 2017:

Granted, two different broadcasts so the usual caveats apply, but the Nike green looks shades lighter to me.

Same arena, same photographer.

Last season:

696F3BA9-3AEA-4977-92A0-6B03D8FD11A7.thumb.jpeg.2d0a178e2790c6793af10f2a38a874bf.jpeg

This season:

DF5AE64E-3BB5-416A-B6F8-202EB3ADD62F.thumb.jpeg.ab34208444fa829d92e56a8c327e7c19.jpeg

Obviously this is still an imperfect way to compare, as there’s no way to know how/if the specific angles of the shots swayed the colors, and if there are any editing effects applied to the photos, but I think this is still a fairly accurate way to compare the two. Nike has their own specific color codes so it’s possible the two shades are slightly different, and I’d say the Nike uniforms do look a bit richer and brighter, but I don’t think it’s as pronounced as some are making it out to be. One thing I’ve noticed as well is that these new Nike uniforms don’t seem to show the sweat as much as the Adidas threads, so that could be be a part of it as well.

Thanks for doing that. I think I might be through the looking glass on this one; my gut feel is that the Nike Celtics are different shade but I'm also willing to accept that it could just be me.  

You could put last and this year's game jerseys next to each other, but who's actually going to do that?

That like the lakers. I believe adidas gold is dark. Nike gold damn near look neon-ish

Celtics and lakers are both looking completely off when it comes to color, totally agree with everyone. Is it just a uniform fabric issue, or did they actually change the color value? this could be a thing where they fix it next season, like FSU fixing their gold numbers after one season. Gotta admit the mistake if it looks this bad. i wonder if more casual fans notice or if its just us. it seems like such a stupid and avoidable mistake.

1 hour ago, Webfooter said:

IIRC, the ones sold at the arena have the ads; jerseys sold elsewhere won't.

Correct....Team Shop exclusive!!!

15 hours ago, elliott said:

Celtics and lakers are both looking completely off when it comes to color, totally agree with everyone. Is it just a uniform fabric issue, or did they actually change the color value? this could be a thing where they fix it next season, like FSU fixing their gold numbers after one season. Gotta admit the mistake if it looks this bad. i wonder if more casual fans notice or if its just us. it seems like such a stupid and avoidable mistake.

Just Nike :censored:ing even more up, ripped paper thin jerseys are apparently  not enough ;)

Another color on color game last night, this time between the Rockets and Mavs:

21A3719D-B654-480B-801B-15B067272936.thumb.jpeg.9120c3126f97adbf5220f9983b17580f.jpeg

Two :censored:ty uniforms, but at least the colors contrasted well.