NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Teal said:

Any indication as to when we will see the pride jerseys?

1) They won’t be called “pride” uniforms, although the general concept is similar to that.

2) How many times have you asked that question on here?

3) Probably in the next month or two unless they leak earlier than that.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

9 hours ago, upperV03 said:

1) They won’t be called “pride” uniforms, although the general concept is similar to that.

2) How many times have you asked that question on here?

3) Probably in the next month or two unless they leak earlier than that.

I will keep asking until I get an answer that is somewhat knowledgeable, unlike yours.

Jaguars

19 minutes ago, Teal said:

I will keep asking until I get an answer that is somewhat knowledgeable, unlike yours.

Ha! I can assure you my answer is definitely knowledgeable. For one thing, there have been many people and sources claiming the fourth uniforms will be unveiled sometime in late fall, early winter. And then second, I have a couple of sources in sports retail who have given me similar information based on Nike catalogs and memos that’ve been sent out to retailers.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

49 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Ha! I can assure you my answer is definitely knowledgeable. For one thing, there have been many people and sources claiming the fourth uniforms will be unveiled sometime in late fall, early winter. And then second, I have a couple of sources in sports retail who have given me similar information based on Nike catalogs and memos that’ve been sent out to retailers.

I was joking around. I think we will see the 4th unis sometime in November.

Jaguars

I guess I was always confused as to why away teams got to wear colors. Like you'd have OKC hosting Golden State. The court, seats, arena, fan jerseys and giveaway shirts are all blue, and then GS is the one wearing the blue jerseys. If you didn't know better, you'd tune in and assume they were the home team. So I'm all for color at home, I think it makes the most sense aesthetically. And when you throw in another color, you get some unique combinations that can make the game as a whole look really cool.

1 hour ago, ScubaSteve said:

I guess I was always confused as to why away teams got to wear colors. Like you'd have OKC hosting Golden State. The court, seats, arena, fan jerseys and giveaway shirts are all blue, and then GS is the one wearing the blue jerseys. If you didn't know better, you'd tune in and assume they were the home team. So I'm all for color at home, I think it makes the most sense aesthetically. And when you throw in another color, you get some unique combinations that can make the game as a whole look really cool.

In hockey, it used to be the road team didn’t get their sweaters washed each period. So dark jerseys hid the stains better. Maybe basketball borrowed the tradition. 

Lakers’ Classic Edition officially unveiled:

I’m not a Lakers fan by any stretch of the imagination, but this is one of my favorite uniforms in NBA history, and I’m ecstatic to see it brought back this season. The white text of the ad patch sticks out like a sore thumb (though ad patches in general stick out like a sore thumb), but otherwise I think it looks great. It’ll be worn for five games this season, the first of which will be on Wednesday night against the Wizards.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

9 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

I’m not a Lakers fan by any stretch of the imagination, but this is one of my favorite uniforms in NBA history, and I’m ecstatic to see it brought back this season. The white text of the ad patch sticks out like a sore thumb (though ad patches in general stick out like a sore thumb), but otherwise I think it looks great. It’ll be worn for five games this season, the first of which will be on Wednesday night against the Wizards.

Wearing it against the Wolves in Minnesota would be cool.

sig.png

46 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

I kind of wish it would be worn more than 5 times.  Hell, the Warriors are wearing their classic look 13 times this season.  

Oh well.

EDIT: The dates these will be worn has been added to the tracker I have been working on.

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

Not a fan of that jersey, it just looks like UCLA  

19 hours ago, upperV03 said:

I can't wait to see LeBron wear this next season.

Jaguars

1 hour ago, Teal said:

I can't wait to see LeBron wear this next season.

I know this is a tongue-in-cheek comment, but even if LeBron goes to LA next season, he likely won’t get to wear it. Throwbacks have generally only lasted one season (except for the Pacers’ “Hickory” fauxbacks), and that’ll continue with the transition to Nike. Plus, this is the Lakers’ 70th season, which is why they’re honoring the MPLS years with this throwback for this season. Although, next season will be their 70th in the NBA (71st overall), so I suppose they could keep it for next season, or replace it with another throwback.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

41 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

I know this is a tongue-in-cheek comment, but even if LeBron goes to LA next season, he likely won’t get to wear it. Throwbacks have generally only lasted one season (except for the Pacers’ “Hickory” fauxbacks), and that’ll continue with the transition to Nike. Plus, this is the Lakers’ 70th season, which is why they’re honoring the MPLS years with this throwback for this season. Although, next season will be their 70th in the NBA (71st overall), so I suppose they could keep it for next season, or replace it with another throwback.

Interesting, thanks for the info.

Jaguars

19 hours ago, jerseyjunk said:

Not a fan of that jersey, it just looks like UCLA  

I find it a bit odd for a team to wear a previous jersey from another city, especially with the city name on it. Why not the 'Lakers' version? That'd be cool.

8069b_lg.jpeg

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Archived