NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

3 hours ago, jerseyjunk said:

No doubt. NBA is a joke league, ads on jerseys and this color nonsense, and giving uniforms tacky names, smh 

David Stern would never have allowed this

David Stern allowed plenty of other terrible :censored: so I'll still take the Adam Silver era on balance.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, kimball said:

Thanks for adding some much to the discussion.

I don't know if there's much of a contrast between the Cavs' wine and Nets' black jerseys? But, I was a bit disappointed the Rockets didn't wear red last night against the 76ers. Hopefully, we'll see less white on the road when the statement jerseys are finally worn next month. 

But, I have to say as weird as it is to watch road teams in white, it's also weird seeing the Lakers in gold on the road as well.

maxresdefault.jpg

Anytime. 

Jaguars

Color on color game in Chicago tonight:

528457C5-63F2-4528-A54F-6A40B5868172.thumb.jpeg.61d2736d301d7f50038d2c10dd94dafd.jpeg

There should’ve been a second color on color game tonight as the Blazers are wearing black at home for the second straight game and the Clippers easily could’ve worn their blue uniforms, but they (unfortunately) decided to wear white instead. Shame on the Clips.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

3 hours ago, upperV03 said:

Pretty awesome video showing how the replica Mecca court was made:

The shot at Kyrie is pretty nice too lol

Have you noticed that the MECCA font color is different? Or maybe it's the TV or photo? The original is sky blue, but tonight it seemed neon green. Anyone else notice that?

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

The 76ers played in the Spectrum before it was razed and then the Bucks in the MECCA tonight.

What other teams could do the same in a previous arena in their current city?

Portland Trail Blazers, Memorial Coliseum

LA Lakers, The Forum(?)

Phoenix Suns, Veterans Memorial Coliseum

Houston Rockets, The Summit(?)

San Antonio Spurs, Alamodome

Anyone else I am missing.

It'd be cool if the Suns did a similar thing with the Coliseum since it's their 50th season as well.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

6 minutes ago, kimball said:

The 76ers played in the Spectrum before it was razed and then the Bucks in the MECCA tonight.

LA Lakers, The Forum(?)

It'd be cool if the Suns did a similar thing with the Coliseum since it's their 50th season as well.

I think the Lakers played in a pre season game at the forum before it closed and was renovated. Don't think it's able to accommodate basketball any more after renovations. 

The summit I believe has been renovated as well to church only status.

Arco is still standing obviously but wouldn't happen.

Warriors could play at Cow Palace or even Bill Graham auditorium.

7 minutes ago, kimball said:

LA Lakers, The Forum(?)

The Blazers played a preseason game in Memorial Coliseum in 2009 as part of their 40th anniversary. Their 50th anniversary season will be 2019/20, so it’ll be interesting to see if they do it again, and if they do, whether or not it’ll be in the preseason again or the regular season.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

36 minutes ago, kimball said:

LA Lakers, The Forum(?)

Warriors could play at the Cow Palace next anniversary. They also played at War Memorial and the Civic Auditorium, but they’re far too small (Cow Palace isn’t that big itself). The Oracle probably won’t be around too long, but they could use it as well, should it still be standing. 

3 hours ago, upperV03 said:

The Blazers played a preseason game in Memorial Coliseum in 2009 as part of their 40th anniversary. Their 50th anniversary season will be 2019/20, so it’ll be interesting to see if they do it again, and if they do, whether or not it’ll be in the preseason again or the regular season.

The Memorial Coliseum looked pretty cool in that game because they had the curtains open. I wish this was a more common thing with arenas. I know Golden 1 Center has windows like this and the Oracle Arena had curtains like the Memorial Coliseum up until the 1996 renovations.

6a00d8341c86d053ef0120a64066c8970c-800wi

bSLCtu2.png

4 hours ago, kimball said:

Have you noticed that the MECCA font color is different? Or maybe it's the TV or photo? The original is sky blue, but tonight it seemed neon green. Anyone else notice that?

Me, for example. And no, it ain't the TV nor the picture: it is neon green.

Your queen is just a pawn with some fancy moves.

19 hours ago, -Akronite- said:

Interesting. Color-wise I'm sure I'll get used to it, since the NBA was already so alt-heavy that classic home v road matchups were not that standard anyway. But it does bother me to lose the identity of home v road in terms of team name versus city name on the jersey. Oh well, it's not as bad as most of Nike's designs or ads on jerseys so gotta pick my battles I guess.

That convention isn't much of a thing in the NBA to begin with. To me, other than the Knicks who wear it all the time, it's more an anomaly to see a city name on an NBA jersey at all.

I think the home/road convention in basketball is the same look in different colors.

5 hours ago, kodrinsky said:

Me, for example. And no, it ain't the TV nor the picture: it is neon green.

While it is definitely not the original blue color, I saw some pics of floor pieces out of the arena lighting and it looked way more mint greenish in that case so I'm not sure what effect the lighting may have on it.

2 hours ago, Teal said:

Man, I wish the Bucks wore the Irish rainbow....

Especially considering they never wore those jerseys with the Robert Indiana court. 

kimball banner.png

2 hours ago, kimball said:

Especially considering they never wore those jerseys with the Robert Indiana court. 

I honestly couldn’t care less where they wore the jerseys. I just want to see them on (any) court again. Also I’d appreciate it if you did t try and start flame wars with me. It’s getting real tiring. Good day!

Jaguars

6 hours ago, Teal said:

Man, I wish the Bucks wore the Irish rainbow....

I don't understand why they've never thrown back to the '80s and those unis.  They were probably the 3rd best team in the East most of that decade but could never get past Boston or Philly in the playoffs.

Just as they did in 2015/16 when they wore the “The City” throwbacks at home, the Warriors are swapping out the mid-court logo for their home throwback games this season, the first of which is tonight. Here’s what it looks like:

C6377DAC-38E4-4C2B-BD20-E0EF53B143B6.thumb.jpeg.c3ba1401b97c7cdb7f6eadc1fcbbe587.jpeg

Although I appreciate the effort to add a corresponding mid-court logo for when they wear the throwbacks, I don’t know why they didn’t go with the period-appropriate mid-court logo, seen here (credit to @kodrinsky for the graphic):

21A03855-DC34-4186-8F4F-7F3A8A533542.jpeg.2b1baffb04491b1657de8ed71514ca9a.jpeg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived