NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

1 hour ago, truepg said:

The problem is that the away team's identity is not represented strong enough as it should be on the road when they're wearing white. The home team, on top of not having to let people know of their identity as much since playing at home, has its identity well represented on the court graphics and among the crowd, as is. Hence the white works for the home team.

Do you feel the same way about other sports? Now the  MLB is the only league who has a uniform system where the home team wears white. It's not that I necessarily disagree with your thinking, but the opposite could be argued as well I think. 

spacer.png

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Supreme is working with Nike to make customized officially lisenced NBA jerseys. Anyone have any more details on that or what they will look like? I saw on DJ Khaleds snapchat of him customzing his own nba jerseys in the “nike lab” a few weeks ago. Some had different color ways on different jerseys, for example he had customized a Miami Heat jersey with Miami hurricanes colors

4 hours ago, eibram said:

For reference:

143g550.png

I'm hoping when teams start wearing the Mindset jerseys there will be less white on the road. And, especially, the community jerseys come December.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

55 minutes ago, KingChandler said:

Supreme is working with Nike to make customized officially lisenced NBA jerseys. Anyone have any more details on that or what they will look like? I saw on DJ Khaleds snapchat of him customzing his own nba jerseys in the “nike lab” a few weeks ago. Some had different color ways on different jerseys, for example he had customized a Miami Heat jersey with Miami hurricanes colors

What a :censored:ing joke Nike has turned the NBA into 

3 hours ago, henburg said:

Do you feel the same way about other sports? Now the  MLB is the only league who has a uniform system where the home team wears white. It's not that I necessarily disagree with your thinking, but the opposite could be argued as well I think. 

I don't follow other sports anymore, but in the MLB the away team wears gray instead of color most of the time anyway. But yeah, I'd feel the same way about other sports too.

I don't like the color on color matchups either, as there's too much going on.

3 hours ago, KingChandler said:

Also known as "fashion jerseys" for about 20 years now.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

^Yeah, I was just gonna post about that. Strange, and frankly dissapointing move by the Lakers. Aside from that, here’s a few other notable things from today’s matchups:

Color on color games in Chicago and Miami:

AC65A457-1B9C-4CCB-9987-91A5EAC9F513.jpeg.5d263332ffb0786163de35bee508f7c8.jpegB822A0CE-F95F-4FD4-A539-C95A675BC19A.thumb.jpeg.52321d7ea17961a15ab53fe4dd9dc247.jpeg

And Houston once again pointlessly wearing their whites on the road when they could’ve worn red:

B7F4EF29-4838-4DBA-8141-ADA86C7CB180.thumb.jpeg.bac9584b64699eb9c345f6d5ff4e8455.jpeg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

1 hour ago, Old School Fool said:

As a Lakers fan, I'm pretty irritated by this mostly due to the fact that the team is randomly wearing white in a road game.

Yeah, I agree. I am going to hold my full opinion once the statement jerseys are finally worn. But, at the same time that wouldn't of changed much for this game.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

8 hours ago, KingChandler said:

As a Heat & Canes fan , that’s awesome. 

5 hours ago, LakeShow24 said:

DNRQv44U8AE36IH.jpg:large

So much for this uniform being Sundays only.

I hate this. Like, I actually detest this.

So much. I like color on color, but I immensely dislike having the road team wearing the lighter color and especially white. The Lakers haven't even worn their purple uniforms yet. 

The NBA needs to go back. Please.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

a few thoughts I had watching Celtics/Heat last night:

1. I am coming around to the theory that the Celtics green is a shade lighter now, and it's an unpleasant shade at that

2. Despite that lightening, it's still too dark to be worn against Miami in black

3. The guy on the Celtics wearing a black compression t-shirt did not help matters in this regard, would rather teams color-rush it out for compression gear

4. The height placement of names and numbers on back seems rather inconsistent -- for only a couple players it looked awkwardly low

5. The Celtics sideline reporter said they're wearing their new black third for the first time the day after Thanksgiving, and the fourth jersey on Christmas Day

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

1 minute ago, Digby said:

a few thoughts I had watching Celtics/Heat last night:

1. I am coming around to the theory that the Celtics green is a shade lighter now, and it's an unpleasant shade at that

2. Despite that lightening, it's still too dark to be worn against Miami in black

3. The guy on the Celtics wearing a black compression t-shirt did not help matters in this regard, would rather teams color-rush it out for compression gear

4. The height placement of names and numbers on back seems rather inconsistent -- for only a couple players it looked awkwardly low

5. The Celtics sideline reporter said they're wearing their new black third for the first time the day after Thanksgiving, and the fourth jersey on Christmas Day

Is there a correlation between name length and how low they are placed, i.e., are longer names placed lower? Names are always a challenge on basketball jerseys because there’s so little space at the upper back. I’m guessing this is why basketball is the only sport with any type of significant history using names under the number.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Archived