Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

37 minutes ago, Teal said:

Why do you feel the need to comment on every one of my posts? Creep much....

I asked a question and @WSU151 was kind enough to answer. Just leave me alone, seriously.

@kimball is right. You’ve asked the same question on here several times now, and multiple people, including me, have given you pretty much the same answers. We’ve shared the info that we have, and that’s not going to change. Just be patient like the rest of us instead of trolling by asking the same question over and over when you’ve already been given the answer.

7 minutes ago, Digby said:

Lakers-Celtics in Boston tomorrow night. Early warning that the Celtics will be wearing green at home. Better than yellow vs. white like they wore in a Hardwood Classics game a few years ago, I guess.

Let’s just hope the Lakers don’t wear white like they’ve already done twice on the road this season when they could've, and should’ve worn yellow.

1 hour ago, Digby said:

Lakers-Celtics in Boston tomorrow night. Early warning that the Celtics will be wearing green at home. Better than yellow vs. white like they wore in a Hardwood Classics game a few years ago, I guess.

If this is true, it will be the first time Boston wears green at home this year. They've not used white on the road or green at home.

1 hour ago, Teal said:

Why do you feel the need to comment on every one of my posts? Creep much....

I asked a question and @WSU151 was kind enough to answer. Just leave me alone, seriously.

I'll leave my peace here and as I said before, I have no problem with you outside of the constant asking of the same question. I'm not harassing you and I'm not commenting on every one of your posts. Do we both comment a lot in this thread? Yes. Obviously, we're very passionate about the topic. As is everyone else here.

But, seriously, chill. Don't take everything as a personal attack and just be patient and stop trolling asking the same question.

The last couple years before this one, the Celtics wore the regular green at home once (I think usually the home opener) and the green/black at home here and there. Plus the St Patrick's Day green/gold of course. So it's not the most egregious sin against tradition. But I'd rather it occur against any team that's not the Lakers.

1 hour ago, upperV03 said:

Let’s just hope the Lakers don’t wear white like they’ve already done twice on the road this season when they could've, and should’ve worn yellow.

I'm not holding my breath on that one. But, I think it will be an odd sight with green vs. gold in the Garden as well?

Either way, gold vs. white, in the Lakers-Celtics series isn't totally uncommon. But, still ...

kobebest.jpg

1 hour ago, kimball said:

I'll leave my peace here and as I said before, I have no problem with you outside of the constant asking of the same question. I'm not harassing you and I'm not commenting on every one of your posts. Do we both comment a lot in this thread? Yes. Obviously, we're very passionate about the topic. As is everyone else here.

But, seriously, chill. Don't take everything as a personal attack and just be patient and stop trolling asking the same question.

Ok I respect that. Now I know when we can expect to see the 4th unis (late November) I am content and won’t be asking the question again. 

Sorry for the inconvenience I have caused and I wish everyone a pleasant day. 

Why didn't Nike just go with the uniform material and cut they use for college teams?  I've yet to see a college jersey rip like the NBA's have.

16 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

Why didn't Nike just go with the uniform material and cut they use for college teams?  I've yet to see a college jersey rip like the NBA's have.

Just from their initial press release on the new uniforms, it sounds like Nike wanted to start off the partnership by creating a new template that’d be exclusive to the NBA. In that process, they claimed that they had players test early versions and give them specific feedback on what to change and improve, and they also brought up the research they conducted with 3-D body maps, etc. Basically I think the jist of it is that they wanted to have a template exclusive to the NBA, at least at first, and they wanted to show off the technical side of things and the research that was conducted in the process. That’s kind of Nike’s calling card with whatever they do, so it shouldn’t come as much of a surprise. Now obviously it’s kind of backfiring for them from a performance perspective, but their reasoning for coming up with the new template is pretty clear, at least to me.

The Blazers said on Twitter earlier that they’ll debut their Statement uniforms on the 30th of this month:

And speaking of the Blazers, they’re wearing white at home tonight for just the second time this season, this time against the Grizzlies.

9 hours ago, RichO said:

On the sweat thing, I've seen Nike have some problems with runners in marathons where dudes' shirts will start normal and stretch at least a couple inches longer by the end. Some of their stuff has issues.

I recall a similar soaking issue with the soccer jerseys a few years ago. I can’t recall the details, though. For some reason I’m thinking it coincided with the introduction of the “made from recycled bottles” fabric, but I could be wrong.

7 hours ago, kimball said:

I'm not holding my breath on that one. But, I think it will be an odd sight with green vs. gold in the Garden as well?

Either way, gold vs. white, in the Lakers-Celtics series isn't totally uncommon. But, still ...

kobebest.jpg

That was the game I mentioned earlier and I hated it. I think that's the game Ray Allen set the 3-point record too. Loved the jerseys, but total mystery why LA couldn't wear a purple one.

8 hours ago, upperV03 said:

We all know they will. Or they'll finally wear purple and the whole thing will be the newest dumb uniform clash this season.

Lakers should wear yellow exclusively at home, purple primarily on the road, and white on the road if the home team is wearing dark.

No white at home, no yellow on the road.

Problem solved.  Next topic.

47 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Lakers should wear yellow exclusively at home, purple primarily on the road, and white on the road if the home team is wearing dark.

And never wear those MPLS throwbacks again.

I can't even remember the jargon terms. But, would anyone even have noticed if the other 29 teams wore (white collection) and (what used to be away jersey collection) for October/November, but the Lakers got special dispensation to wear (what used to be the away jersey collection) and (third jersey collection) instead? If anyone asks, which they probably wouldn't, couldn't some PR flack say "yeah they're doing it a little differently because they're the Lakers, it's fine"? Would this have ruined Nike's sales for the busy holiday season? The traditionalists would stay happy, everyone would find the games easier to watch on their screens, solved. I don't even care about the color v color, or the jersey ripping, or the wrong hue on the Lakers yellow, I'd just like the most basic meaningless thing to be done right. But what's not broken needs fixing because a marketing SVP got some wacky ideas.

2 hours ago, 63Bulldogs63 said:

Kings finally decided 1-8 was enough and have brought out the whites tonight.

Hopefully the win will convince them to keep the whites at home. 

4 hours ago, BringBackTheVet said:

Or they could do what they've done for a decade: yellow at home, purple on the road and white on Sundays. I was never a fan of the white, but at least there was a logic to it.

NBA third and fourth jerseys suck, but there was at least some order when teams (except the Lakers) were required to wear white at home. It's not hard.