Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

On 11/8/2017 at 5:37 PM, the_Raptors_king said:

Gold and Black is here to stay. This is the Raptors 4th "City Edition" Nike Uniform. This uniform replaces last seasons "Drake" uniform. It is unclear when this jersey will see the court for the first time, but this is exciting. The first raptors jersey in a long time not to follow the regular template. More info to come soon... 

➡︎ https://raptorsking.weebly.com

#WeTheNorth

#WeTheNorth

Raptors City Uniform copy copy.jpg

giphy.gif

5 hours ago, Teal said:

Rules are rules. You need to respect them. 

Not really, no.

5 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

Not really, no.

Pay 1 billion for the NBA contract then you can dictate the rules.

10 hours ago, Teal said:

5 hours ago, Ice_Cap said:

Not really, no.

Cool.  Guys - a mod just said that rules don't need to be respected!  Let's go nuts.

8 hours ago, BlackBolt3 said:

NON IN-GAME JERSEY ALERT: Apparently this happened on the newest episode of Law & Order: SVU? I don't watch the show, and I'm incredibly baffled as to why Isaiah Thomas is the one giving the jersey? Everything about this is weird:

IT's a big SVU fan and talked his way into a cameo. It's hilarious. Don't think SVU worries too much about the particulars of jersey and roster anachronisms, but yeah, I don't think the Cavs part is all that relevant.

10 hours ago, kimball said:

I agree.

The biggest problem is the discontinuation of home and away designation with these "EDITIONS" The Association (White) and Mindset (Team Color?) are the only ones out until the end of the month when the Statement is allowed to be worn. 

In an ideal world the NBA would have given at least the Lakers a waiver to wear their Statement jerseys on the road. 

Let's just hope this doesn't repeat itself next year. I don't see why it would outside of new identities and jerseys.

Um, the colored jersey is called the Icon Edition, old man... :P

2 hours ago, Teal said:

One minute you tell people to respect the rules, then the next minute explain that for the right price, you can *make* the rules (winkwink). Fellow citizens, this... is exactly what's wrong with the world and why it's important to resist the corporatization of societies.

18 minutes ago, andrewharrington said:

Sigh. I give up on trying to understand 'Nike Speak'

HOME. AWAY. SECONDARY. STUPID FOURTH JERSEY. 

Is that better? :lol:

13 hours ago, Teal said:

I agree. But, in the world of business there's always an exception. ALWAYS.

3 minutes ago, kimball said:

Sigh. I give up on trying to trying to understand 'Nike Speak'

HOME. AWAY. SECONDARY. STUPID THIRD JERSEY. 

Is that better? :lol:

To your credit, it doesn't help that when they launched the system, they only supplied the descriptions of the non-core jerseys, so people started calling them "Community" and "Athlete's Mindset" before the official "Statement Edition" or whatever terminology came out. Confusing move when the goal is to get a mass of people to understand a completely new convention.

1 hour ago, andrewharrington said:

One minute you tell people to respect the rules, then the next minute explain that for the right price, you can *make* the rules (winkwink). Fellow citizens, this... is exactly what's wrong with the world and why it's important to resist the corporatization of societies.

Well clearly you don’t understand what I meant. The rules are in place so you need to respect them. Nike make the rules not you or any other player in here. 

51 minutes ago, Teal said:

Well clearly you don’t understand what I meant. The rules are in place so you need to respect them. Nike make the rules not you or any other player in here. 

Nike and the NBA make the rules. And, like I said earlier ... there are always exceptions to the rules. Which are fickle at best.

But, I think the point is why couldn't teams that weren't redesigning their logo or jerseys -- like the Lakers -- allowed to wear their purple jerseys (or "secondary" jerseys). It's just stupid, that's all. It's made for some stupid match ups, especially with the Lakers. Thanksgiving can't come soon enough.

But, our bitching won't change that obviously. But, that's why we have message boards, right? ;):lol:

1 hour ago, Teal said:

Clearly.

A marketing strategy does not qualify as a "rule." Not for most of us, anyway. At least I would hope.

I've totally lost track of this thread, so please forgive me if this was brought up for some reason. I just want to take a moment to bitch about the Grizzlies not using the split numbers of old. In particular I'm bringing it up because their G-League affiliate, the Hustle have them! 

QwfJxar.jpg

Old Grizzlies numbers

GvkfAWT.jpg

Modern day styled numbers

bqO72yv.jpg

16 hours ago, Teal said:

Nike telling the Los Angeles Lakers they can’t wear purple would be like if UnderArmour told the New York Yankees they can’t wear pinstripes until a certain date once they take over the MLB contract. 

It’s moronic. The Lakers are a marquee team, and they shouldn’t have to avoid wearing one of their signature looks just because Nike has a half-baked branding idea they insist on making a reality league-wide.

Miami is wearing their throwbacks tonight at Utah. I see them and can’t help but think how much better the throwback colors are for Miami than the current colors. Red-Orange-Black is both more visually appealing and “hotter” to me than the darker red-gold-black to me. 

2 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Miami is wearing their throwbacks tonight at Utah. I see them and can’t help but think how much better the throwback colors are for Miami than the current colors. Red-Orange-Black is both more visually appealing and “hotter” to me than the darker red-gold-black to me. 

I agree with you there. 

Lakers are on the road and the home team (Bucks) are wearing white, so we get to complain. Yellow vs white continues to be the absolute worst.

EDIT: Did the shot clock backboard lights turn yellow this season? Or am I seeing things?

50 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

Lakers are on the road and the home team (Bucks) are wearing white, so we get to complain. Yellow vs white continues to be the absolute worst.

Simpsons-angry-mob-pitchfork-torches.jpg

54 minutes ago, DG_Now said:

EDIT: Did the shot clock backboard lights turn yellow this season? Or am I seeing things?

Yellow should be considered a home/light jersey, end of story