Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

Recommended Posts

56 minutes ago, chakfu said:

 

Yellow should be considered a home/light jersey, end of story

 

The Lakers can wear it on the road if the other team is wearing a road uniform. That's the way it should be. I've seen them wear yellow on the road against the Suns who wore Orange at home and I was totally fine with it and that was back in like 2006. Yellow vs White doesn't work for the Lakers, it may work for other teams like the Pacers and Nuggets but not the Lakers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Old School Fool said:

 

The Lakers can wear it on the road if the other team is wearing a road uniform. That's the way it should be. I've seen them wear yellow on the road against the Suns who wore Orange at home and I was totally fine with it and that was back in like 2006. Yellow vs White doesn't work for the Lakers, it may work for other teams like the Pacers and Nuggets but not the Lakers.

 

Disagree that yellow vs white works for anyone.

 

Here's a dilemma, I think yellow is home and orange is away but I'm not sure on yellow vs orange?  I guess if it was good enough for Cavs at Lakers in 1986 it's cool. I really prefer Cavs/Warriors/Pacers/Lakers in home yellow instead of white.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

 

The Lakers can wear it on the road if the other team is wearing a road uniform. That's the way it should be. I've seen them wear yellow on the road against the Suns who wore Orange at home and I was totally fine with it and that was back in like 2006. Yellow vs White doesn't work for the Lakers, it may work for other teams like the Pacers and Nuggets but not the Lakers.

6eNO2wA.jpg

 

Gotta disagree with ya there. I remember this being decidedly not fine. Maybe not as bad as that college game I saw between Wisconsin and Illinois where they went red vs. orange, but still very bad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, let me get this straight:  Each team has four jerseys, The Icon, the Association, The Leaders, and The Legends.  Right?  

 

Ridiculous.  How about "home," "away," and "alternate" and call it a day.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mafiaman said:

So, let me get this straight:  Each team has four jerseys, The Icon, the Association, The Leaders, and The Legends.  Right?  

 

Ridiculous.  How about "home," "away," and "alternate" and call it a day.  

it's all about $$$

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mafiaman said:

So, let me get this straight:  Each team has four jerseys, The Icon, the Association, The Leaders, and The Legends.  Right?  

 

Ridiculous.  How about "home," "away," and "alternate" and call it a day.  

 

Technically they are the Icon, Statement, Association, and Community jerseys.

 

I believe they also mentioned some teams will get classic/throwback jerseys this season to wear a few times.

 

In full agreement on just having the home, away, and alternate with throwbacks/unique jerseys reserved for special occasions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Red Wolf said:

6eNO2wA.jpg

 

Gotta disagree with ya there. I remember this being decidedly not fine. Maybe not as bad as that college game I saw between Wisconsin and Illinois where they went red vs. orange, but still very bad. 

 

I think the Hawks-Knicks 'Red vs. Orange' was a worse. At least the Suns-Lakers 'Orange vs. Gold' was less offensive. Doesn't mean I liked it, but it wasn't as hard to follow compared to the Knicks-Hawks game.

 

knicks-hawks.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 10:50 PM, FinsUp1214 said:

Miami is wearing their throwbacks tonight at Utah. I see them and can’t help but think how much better the throwback colors are for Miami than the current colors. Red-Orange-Black is both more visually appealing and “hotter” to me than the darker red-gold-black to me. 

 

Miami have not worn their "regular" black set since introducing the throwbacks. They've played 7 games since they first wore the throwbacks on 11/1. They've worn them five times and the white set twice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some additional observations from my tracking:

 

If you're looking for traditional uni-matchups, your best bet is to watch a game early in the work week. Teams have gone traditional 75% of games on Monday (15 total), 73% on Tuesday (16) and 71% on Wednesday (27). Avoid Friday, only 43% of games (16) have had the home team in white and road in dark.

 

The Celtics (5-0), Bulls (1-4), and Rockets (4-1) have all played five color vs. color games so far.

 

The Cavs, Nuggets, Warriors, Bucks, Timberwolves, Knicks, Suns, Trailblazers, and Kings have not played any color vs. color games.

 

There are only three uniforms that are undefeated: Lakers throwback (1-0) 76ers white (2-0) and Kings white (2-0).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, coachcw_51 said:

Some additional observations from my tracking:

 

If you're looking for traditional uni-matchups, your best bet is to watch a game early in the work week. Teams have gone traditional 75% of games on Monday (15 total), 73% on Tuesday (16) and 71% on Wednesday (27). Avoid Friday, only 43% of games (16) have had the home team in white and road in dark.

 

The Celtics (5-0), Bulls (1-4), and Rockets (4-1) have all played five color vs. color games so far.

 

The Cavs, Nuggets, Warriors, Bucks, Timberwolves, Knicks, Suns, Trailblazers, and Kings have not played any color vs. color games.

 

There are only three uniforms that are undefeated: Lakers throwback (1-0) 76ers white (2-0) and Kings white (2-0).

 

 

Great observations. It also seems like nationally televised games go for the non-traditional color match ups from what I've seen.

 

Thanks for keeping these stats.Great work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know that the Thunder specifically said they'll wear their blue icon edition uniforms at home for nationally televised games. Their reasoning was so that the "Oklahoma City" on the chest got more air time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JPDesign said:

I know that the Thunder specifically said they'll wear their blue icon edition uniforms at home for nationally televised games. Their reasoning was so that the "Oklahoma City" on the chest got more air time.

They want to make sure people get nauseous looking at a TERRIBLY conceived basic looking uniform that has outlet itself for too long!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The good news: Charlotte will wear their throwback uniforms for the first time on Wednesday.

 

The bad news: They will do so while wearing a ad patch:

I'm disappointed, but not surprised. I almost wanted them to go all out and get Bojangles as their sponsor instead of LendingTree, who I didn't know was based in Charlotte? The corporate world baffles me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kimball said:

 

Great observations. It also seems like nationally televised games go for the non-traditional color match ups from what I've seen.

 

Thanks for keeping these stats.Great work.

Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, BlackBolt3 said:

The good news: Charlotte will wear their throwback uniforms for the first time on Wednesday.

 

The bad news: They will do so while wearing a ad patch:

I'm disappointed, but not surprised. I almost wanted them to go all out and get Bojangles as their sponsor instead of LendingTree, who I didn't know was based in Charlotte? The corporate world baffles me.

Wow, the overlapping collar does not work at all for me. Would much prefer a scoop/crew neck with continuous striping. It's not as noticeable from farther away but up close I don't like that at all. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, coachcw_51 said:

Wow, the overlapping collar does not work at all for me. Would much prefer a scoop/crew neck with continuous striping. It's not as noticeable from farther away but up close I don't like that at all. :(

It’s a throwback, and that’s how it was on the original, so...

charlotte-hornets-uniforms-17.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, upperV03 said:

It’s a throwback, and that’s how it was on the original, so...

charlotte-hornets-uniforms-17.jpg

Interesting. I didn't know that about the original. I still don't love the look, but since it's consistent with the originals I can't really fault the choice to go that way. Just personal preference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, coachcw_51 said:

Wow, the overlapping collar does not work at all for me. Would much prefer a scoop/crew neck with continuous striping. It's not as noticeable from farther away but up close I don't like that at all. :(

 

I'm more disappointed by the logo patch overlapping the pinstripe on the throwback. 

 

Woof.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I have noticed that the pistons have worn white for every game except one game at the knicks and the lakers have been stuck wearing yellow most games vs teams wearing white. This is one of the things I was worried about when the nba gave teams full control on what uniforms teams can wear. It has lead to teams like the pistons and lakers who are trying to stay traditional with whites(and golds) at home, but get stuck wearing white/gold on the road too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now