NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

Why would someone use blurry photos when there are thousands of clear photos available?  Wouldn't the designer analyze all parts of the late 90s version and say "Oh, the sides are different too?"

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Why would someone use blurry photos when there are thousands of clear photos available?  Wouldn't the designer analyze all parts of the late 90s version and say "Oh, the sides are different too?"

Well, you or I might think it’s a no-brainer that this would be the natural process, however, if there’s one thing I’ve learned in the professional world, it’s that not everyone cares the same about their job. Believe it or not, there are people out there designing uniforms for a living who aren’t all that interested in sports.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Do the throwback shorts have pleats like in the pic shown above from the original Julian unveiling?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

2 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

Well, you or I might think it’s a no-brainer that this would be the natural process, however, if there’s one thing I’ve learned in the professional world, it’s that not everyone cares the same about their job. Believe it or not, there are people out there designing uniforms for a living who aren’t all that interested in sports.

This. Or designers designing identites who aren't all that into branding to begin with.

3 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

Ok, fair point, but you think Nike has their bored, uninterested, C- team working on NBA unis?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Ok, fair point, but you think Nike has their bored, uninterested, C- team working on NBA unis?

Im not going to speculate, but how many throwbacks have you seen that have been dead on perfect? Design skills don’t necessarily equal research skills. Sometimes the leagues will even provide style guides for throwbacks, and while those can be notoriously inaccurate, the desire to correct it isn’t always present at every step of the ladder.

If the league provides the design assets, a designer may never even touch the thing. It may go straight to the sample and production process.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

6 hours ago, jerseyjunk said:

His dad would've fixed it for him....

spacer.png

jCMXRTJ.png.c7b9b888fd36f93c327929ec580f08dc.png

23 hours ago, Teal said:

Do we have any idea when?

It's already here: http://news.sportslogos.net/2017/11/19/nike-nba-city-edition-uniform-details-mockups-part-2/

My three cents:

Atlanta - Mimics of "Pistol" era jersey is a really good idea, but where is a red color?

Boston - Got a chance to have a St. Patrick's jersey and just f...d up by reincarnation of "Pride" jersey.

Chicago - I love it, this is a true "City" jersey, great to see back again that baseball style wordmark.

Denver - (Jim Ross voice) No baby blue?! Why Nuggets, you S.O.B?! WHY?! TELL ME WHY?!

Golden State - I like the way how nike incorporate Dragon into iconic "The City" wordmark. Also is reminds me of Air Jordans 2012 for Chinese New Year.

Lakers - Giving a nod to Kobe Bryant might be nice If Lakers haven't got other amazing players in their history, so it's a little bit unfair. I'd prefer jersey pictured above.

New Orleans - Nothing to say, I expected Mardi Gras jersey looking like this and here it is.

Orlando - Is this one of that crazy concepts called: What If a big brands collabs with NBA?

Toronto - I said it before and I'd say it again, remember smoking kills!

San Antonio - I hoped for something related to Fiesta colors with San Antonio across a chest and I received "Pride" jersey blending with "Stretch". Missed opportunity.

Washington - I don't feel that wordmark, is too busy for me. Also what is it on sides, a marble pattern? Of course is not that good like their Playoffs jersey, but in other side is not that bad.

Can't wait for Part Three and I'm beginning to afraid.

4r2eer.png

Archived