NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice read about the state of the lakers jerseys

few highlights:

-nike insists this is the same shade as the early 2000s teams and that adidas had gone to a golder hue the past few years

-they decided to ditch the yellow accessories seemingly for good. Started a week ago in phoenix with white accessories with the yellow jerseys. They will go with purple accessories for the purple unis

18 minutes ago, HighCheese said:

few highlights:

-nike insists this is the same shade as the early 2000s teams and that adidas had gone to a golder hue the past few years

-they decided to ditch the yellow accessories seemingly for good. Started a week ago in phoenix with white accessories with the yellow jerseys. They will go with purple accessories for the purple unis

Thanks for sharing that. It's insane that in all of the years of the Adidas contract, the only complaints were about ugly alts and sleeves -- and not the basic foundational idea of what a team should look like at home versus the road.

No one likes the new changes this season. Yes, I can see why some would like the green/black matchups, but turning on the games can actively be a chore. I.e., if I turn into a Dallas/Memphis game midsteam and see one team in blue and one in white, I now have no idea which team is which. This is absurd (and yes, it actually happened).

I bet this is going to be stupid:

Starting with Monday’s designated road game against the Clippers, the Lakers will begin wearing purple and will continue to do so both home and away.

“It’s going to blow everybody’s mind,” Maples said. “Purple on purple, with guys matching shoes and all the accessories. Purple headbands, purple sleeves. It’s going to be very purple.”

The awkward moratorium has finally ended, although for those expecting the Lakers’ new purple pigment to perfectly match its predecessors, Maples offered a disclaimer.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

2 hours ago, Danny the Sheeb said:

I do not get why everyone loves these.

Me neither. The “Brooklyn” down the side (as well as “New York” on the jersey that inspired it) is a terrible clutter. The Nets have had far better uniforms in their history than either set.

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

36 minutes ago, duma said:

FINALLY! lakers wearing purple first time this season only took them 1/4th of the season to do it !

If Magic was dead, he'd be rolling in his grave.

"It is better to have fought and lost than to not have fought at all."

3 minutes ago, Magic Dynasty said:

Celtics wearing black at home tonight vs the Magic, who are wearing white. Re: the black; it's honestly not a bad look, just not for the Celtics.

Not horrible, but not good either, and especially not for the Celtics. As much as I disliked their now-old alternate green and black uniforms, I much prefer those over the new inversed version. Here’s a couple good shots at how they look on-court:

DPcIoNVVoAAYClY?format=jpg

DPcJ-96WAAAxzco?format=jpg

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

5 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:
7 hours ago, Danny the Sheeb said:

I do not get why everyone loves these.

Me neither. The “Brooklyn” down the side (as well as “New York” on the jersey that inspired it) is a terrible clutter. The Nets have had far better uniforms in their history than either set.

I don't disagree at all with that last part. The Nets' final set before their move was the best uniform they ever had.

b5rZV3a.jpg

This beautiful uniform was worn for twelve years. It coincided with the team's best period in its NBA history: Martin, Jefferson, Carter, and the incomparable Kidd. (I know that it ended badly with Kidd -- twice. But he transformed that franchise.)

In this uniform, the Nets experienced plenty of excitement in the regular season and the playoffs, and twice made the Finals.  What's more, this set actually achieved the task of incorporating a net design into the look. Ideally, it should have remained unchanged after the move.

But, if the team was intent on changing the colours to black and white and on simplifying the look, then the black and white version of the classic ABA style was the way to go.

Instead, we got a look that is beyond generic; the Nets are more aesthetically bereft than the Thunder. The uniforms say only the locality name (which is not even a city name -- the f-ing team should be the "New York Nets", damn it!); and the uninspiring number font is thin and wispy, as opposed to the bold varsity number font of the Celtics that stands out so well under thin lettering.

Furthermore, the Nets' primary logo, a decent continuation of the previous era's shield, is terribly underutilised. The team improperly uses the secondary circular logo in places where the primary logo belongs, such as on the backdrop used for interviews, and, worst of all, at centre court.

The primary logo appears on the regular shorts; but on the uniforms that debuted today it was replaced by the secondary circular logo. It's like these guys are going out of their way to annoy me.

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

3 hours ago, Fox said:

I really like those black uniforms in a vacuum, but something feels off about them. I hope the Celtics wear them primarily on the road

LOL you know those are going to be the new home set (or Association or some other dumb :censored: Nike label).

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

9 hours ago, HighCheese said:

few highlights:

Nike is lying, someone from the lakers subreddit posted comparison pictures to the shader jersey from early 2000s to the current ones.

xSypm1q.jpg

mdZD7ap.jpg

4ffh6gt.png

What's even more baffling with Nike's "Yellow-gate" is that Utah's and possibly Indiana's statement jerseys appear to be a darker/more saturated shade of yellow. Comparing the three, there seems to be a distinct difference in shade between the three:

nba-statement-jerseys-preview.jpg

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

46 minutes ago, LakeShow24 said:

Nike is lying, someone from the lakers subreddit posted comparison pictures to the shader jersey from early 2000s to the current ones.

xSypm1q.jpg

mdZD7ap.jpg

There are so many different variables there that make it a terribly inaccurate way of comparing the two. Different cameras (and different camera technology for that matter), different lighting conditions, different materials, etc.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Archived