Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

That Lonzo Ball picture reminds me. A lot of players jerseys have been coming untucked this year. It's because Nike has made them shorter to match like a standard t-shirt. It's perfectly fine for fans to wear since extra long jerseys were never for everyone (it's why i stopped wearing jerseys long ago), but i feel like for on court only the "length +2" is needed. 

Of course the lighting makes a difference. No one is arguing otherwise.

But eventually you have to believe what your eyes are saying. And my eyes are saying the Lakers look like garbage.

Did you not see those pics? The second one of Magic is a brighter yellow and the first one of Lonzo is a darker yellow. Try watching highlights of the Lakers

As the players move around the court, their jersey colors change slightly... that is a direct result of the lighting and if someone takes a photo at an exact moment, the uniform colors might be slightly different because of the lighting. 

You also have to consider the difference that HD makes. Back in the 80s the Lakers home uniforms looked bright yellow on TV.

Does this Nike gold for the Lakers match 2016? 2001? 1988? How about this: No matter what it matches from the past, here in 2017, people don't like this color and nobody had a problem with what adidas used last year. There was no reason to change it other than Nike has to Nike. This is what they do. See: Michigan, UNC, the Browns, and on and on.

I really like how the Pacers’ Statement uniforms look from the front, but I’m not sure I like the sublimated pattern on the back. I think it would’ve looked much better if the pattern was just limited to the back of the jersey, like Nike’s old college and international jerseys, instead of continuing onto the shorts as well.DPcTbpQX0AATl_7?format=jpg

DPcbfQPW0AAMFB_?format=png

I do believe Nike about the 2000 jerseys.

I always thought the Adidas versions were more gold like they say.

Look up any video of the early 2000 Lakers in gold and they look pretty bright.

Maybe the fact that they have been wearing the golds on the road contrasting with darker surroundings is amplifying the brightness.

Just like they do for the throwbacks, the Warriors have a new center court logo to correspond with their Statement uniforms, which they’re debuting tonight.

DPgTtrhUMAA3Evy?format=jpg

Here’s a video showing them swapping out the throwback logo for the “The Town” logo:

Pretty nice, although they should’ve arched the Warriors wordmark on the bottom of the inside of the circle. As it is, it just looks a bit awkward. Plus, there’s hardly any blue on the uniform, so it would’ve been better to swap the colors of the center court logo (but leave “The Town” blue, obviously).

I still find it funny how they're on this "we're proud of Oakland! Really!" kick two years before they abandon them.

Don't get me wrong, I still love the design and the (very late) commitment to it, but it just feels like a way to soften the blow instead of actually being proud of Oakland and the East Bay.

3 hours ago, ChicagoOakland said:

I still find it funny how they're on this "we're proud of Oakland! Really!" kick two years before they abandon them.

Don't get me wrong, I still love the design and the (very late) commitment to it, but it just feels like a way to soften the blow instead of actually being proud of Oakland and the East Bay.

That is exactly it. If they loved Oakland so much they wouldn't have left or waited this long to show the love. And the cash grab is going to make the pain hurt less. 

I know they’re pretty irrelevant but the suns unis, are maybe if not definitely the worst they’ve ever had imo, and i feel like for some reason I’m a loner on that opinion? Anyone care to share their opinion?

Also, I like the throwback they have, its kinda just the wrong era. I’d prefer the Charles Barkley uniforms

4 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

I know they’re pretty irrelevant but the suns unis, are maybe if not definitely the worst they’ve ever had imo, and i feel like for some reason I’m a loner on that opinion? Anyone care to share their opinion?

Also, I like the throwback they have, its kinda just the wrong era. I’d prefer the Charles Barkley uniforms

They're miles better than their previous unis, they might be the biggest adidas to Nike upgrade 

56 minutes ago, OaklandIsBack said:

They're miles better than their previous unis, they might be the biggest adidas to Nike upgrade 

I completely disagree. I’ve said this before, but with this new set they took one step forward with the colors, and two (fairly significant) steps backwards with the design. 

12 hours ago, Ark said:

huh I guess they are different (the Nike one isn't authentic though)

9VzFoH0.jpg

Well if the Nike one isn't authentic, then neither of them are. I don't recall Mitchell & Ness ever producing game jerseys for the NBA. They've always stricctly made style jerseys and the like, so it would not be a surprise at all if neither of those jerseys are the actual gold

8 hours ago, upperV03 said:

I completely disagree. I’ve said this before, but with this new set they took one step forward with the colors, and two (fairly significant) steps backwards with the design. 

IMO the colors upgrade is more significant than the design downgrade. Neither design is very good, but the new uniforms colors look great

7 minutes ago, OaklandIsBack said:

IMO the colors upgrade is more significant than the design downgrade. Neither design is very good, but the new uniforms colors look great

The old design was much more cohesive and inspired than this new one. Had they just recolored the old set with the colors of the new set, it would’ve made for a much better look than what they have now. The new design is just a jumbled mess, IMO. The jerseys and shorts feel like they’re from two different uniforms, and the new wordmarks leave a lot to be desired. The execution of the “sunburst” on the previous jerseys wasn’t great, but at least there was a clear design direction.

Even after watching it live, I just wasn’t feeling the Jazz gold set. 1) I hate the way the front looks. Just the note and number look awfully unbalanced when the number is a single digit. The full wordmark would have been better. 2) Once again, the lack of contrast between the dark green and navy (one of the identity’s biggest flaws) was a big problem and they just looked like Pacers West from a distance.