NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

I know they’re pretty irrelevant but the suns unis, are maybe if not definitely the worst they’ve ever had imo, and i feel like for some reason I’m a loner on that opinion? Anyone care to share their opinion?

Also, I like the throwback they have, its kinda just the wrong era. I’d prefer the Charles Barkley uniforms

3YCQJRO.png

Follow the NFA, and My Baseball League here: https://ahsports.boardhost.com/index.php

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, BellaSpurs said:

I know they’re pretty irrelevant but the suns unis, are maybe if not definitely the worst they’ve ever had imo, and i feel like for some reason I’m a loner on that opinion? Anyone care to share their opinion?

Also, I like the throwback they have, its kinda just the wrong era. I’d prefer the Charles Barkley uniforms

They're miles better than their previous unis, they might be the biggest adidas to Nike upgrade 

56 minutes ago, OaklandIsBack said:

They're miles better than their previous unis, they might be the biggest adidas to Nike upgrade 

I completely disagree. I’ve said this before, but with this new set they took one step forward with the colors, and two (fairly significant) steps backwards with the design. 

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

12 hours ago, Ark said:

huh I guess they are different (the Nike one isn't authentic though)

9VzFoH0.jpg

Well if the Nike one isn't authentic, then neither of them are. I don't recall Mitchell & Ness ever producing game jerseys for the NBA. They've always stricctly made style jerseys and the like, so it would not be a surprise at all if neither of those jerseys are the actual gold

8 hours ago, upperV03 said:

I completely disagree. I’ve said this before, but with this new set they took one step forward with the colors, and two (fairly significant) steps backwards with the design. 

IMO the colors upgrade is more significant than the design downgrade. Neither design is very good, but the new uniforms colors look great

7 minutes ago, OaklandIsBack said:

IMO the colors upgrade is more significant than the design downgrade. Neither design is very good, but the new uniforms colors look great

The old design was much more cohesive and inspired than this new one. Had they just recolored the old set with the colors of the new set, it would’ve made for a much better look than what they have now. The new design is just a jumbled mess, IMO. The jerseys and shorts feel like they’re from two different uniforms, and the new wordmarks leave a lot to be desired. The execution of the “sunburst” on the previous jerseys wasn’t great, but at least there was a clear design direction.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

Even after watching it live, I just wasn’t feeling the Jazz gold set. 1) I hate the way the front looks. Just the note and number look awfully unbalanced when the number is a single digit. The full wordmark would have been better. 2) Once again, the lack of contrast between the dark green and navy (one of the identity’s biggest flaws) was a big problem and they just looked like Pacers West from a distance. 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

22 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Even after watching it live, I just wasn’t feeling the Jazz gold set. 1) I hate the way the front looks. Just the note and number look awfully unbalanced when the number is a single digit. The full wordmark would have been better. 2) Once again, the lack of contrast between the dark green and navy (one of the identity’s biggest flaws) was a big problem and they just looked like Pacers West from a distance. 

I like them, but they could use some work. I'd make the note bigger and move it further down and I'd have virtually all the trim on the jersey green. And of course, given that it is an identity-wide issue, I'd lighten said green (and possibly blue...or try a similarly-dark shade of purple). Maybe a little white would help too, though the lack of white seems like a common issue with the statement jerseys.

I do like that darker shade of gold, though, as well as the idea of a big note on the chest with the number underneath. Pair this with a green jersey (unfortunately probably not happening this year) and it rounds out the set quite nicely.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

3 hours ago, DustDevil61 said:

I like them, but they could use some work. I'd make the note bigger and move it further down and I'd have virtually all the trim on the jersey green. And of course, given that it is an identity-wide issue, is to lighten said green (and possibly blue...or try a similarly-dark shade of purple). Maybe a little white would help too, though the lack of white seems like a common issue with the statement jerseys.

I do like that darker shade of gold, though, as well as the idea of a big note on the chest with the number underneath. Pair this with a green jersey (unfortunately probably not happening this year) and it rounds out the set quite nicely.

I was thinking the same: a little white would help. The side stripes should be navy, white, and green, and adding white and nave to the J-note would help too. I also agree that Utah needs to bring a green jersey into the set. Last year's were great.

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

1 hour ago, GMW79 said:

I was thinking the same: a little white would help. The side stripes should be navy, white, and green, and adding white and nave to the J-note would help too. I also agree that Utah needs to bring a green jersey into the set. Last year's were great.

A little white--primarily on the note logos and the center stripe--would do the uniforms a big favor.

That said, these uniforms need more green and less blue. The 1980s green throwbacks are my favorite Utah Jazz uniform and they had no purple whatsoever (though some on the collar and arm hole trim would complete it); I feel that applying that principle to the gold uniforms would be a better idea than not. Keep the side stripes primarily navy (with some white and blue on the J-Note ball as stated before) if you must, but the collar/arm hole trim, numbers, NOB, and even the note itself would all benefit by being primarily green.

As for the green jerseys? I've been on the "Utah Jazz should  primarily wear green bandwagon" since introducing the 1980s throwbacks in the 2009-10 season. They to make a comeback like yesterday.

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

6 hours ago, upperV03 said:

The old design was much more cohesive and inspired than this new one. Had they just recolored the old set with the colors of the new set, it would’ve made for a much better look than what they have now. The new design is just a jumbled mess, IMO. The jerseys and shorts feel like they’re from two different uniforms, and the new wordmarks leave a lot to be desired. The execution of the “sunburst” on the previous jerseys wasn’t great, but at least there was a clear design direction.

Agree 100% on the jersey and shorts feeling like they're from different sets, but individually I think each is better than the previous set

overall I think the positives of the new set far outweigh the negatives. To me it was a big upgrade. Still not a great uniform, but much better than the last set

4 hours ago, DustDevil61 said:

As for the green jerseys? I've been on the "Utah Jazz should  primarily wear green bandwagon" since introducing the 1980s throwbacks in the 2009-10 season. They to make a comeback like yesterday.

I definitely agree with this. I find the prospect of a green primary road set to be a good compromise for those wanting something more traditional than navy; green does have some historical precedence and if we can’t have purple, at least there’s that. 

CCSLC%20Signature_1.png

I’d love for the Jazz to bring the 80s green jersey into the set. They need green in the set and it’d be a fun throwback that is still popular here in Utah.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

The weird thing for me is that Utah's third and fourth jerseys this year are both golden/yellowish (assuming all the leaks are correct). Seems redundant to me, such that making one of those options a green one would make more sense. As for the primaries, I think the current navy does pull the whole scheme together nicely, and perhaps a compromise would be nudging the color a bit so that it has a purplish hue. Is navy purple a thing? Let's make that a thing.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

18 minutes ago, Digby said:

The weird thing for me is that Utah's third and fourth jerseys this year are both golden/yellowish (assuming all the leaks are correct). Seems redundant to me, such that making one of those options a green one would make more sense. As for the primaries, I think the current navy does pull the whole scheme together nicely, and perhaps a compromise would be nudging the color a bit so that it has a purplish hue. Is navy purple a thing? Let's make that a thing.

Lots of teams going with repeated colors for their fourth uniform. Based on Conrad's predictions, at least twelve teams (Atlanta, Brooklyn, Chicago, Denver, Memphis, Miami, Orlando, Portland, San Antonio, Toronto, and Utah) will use a base color for their fourth uniform that matches one that's already been released. Of the teams we've yet to see a fourth uniform rendering for, Charlotte, Houston, Indiana, Minnesota and Philadelphia already have a uniform in each of their primary colors. My guess is Charlotte goes black + Buzz City on the 4th set and it's pretty well known Minnesota's will be grey. So that leaves maybe three more teams that could repeat a base color which would be half of the league.

Some observations from the last week:

• Only 4 games out of 23 played since Friday had neither team in the Statement uniform
    • Den vs. Mem, Sac vs. LAC, Chi vs. Mia, Min vs. Phx
  • 3 games had both teams wearing their Statement uniform
    • Phx vs. NO, GS vs. NO, Utah vs. Mil
  • Denver currently has the longest streak of games played in the same uniform - 7 in their Icon
  • Miami still hasn't worn their regular black uniform since 10/28
  • Brooklyn, Chicago, and Houston have worn only their Icon or Statement (colored) sets at home
  • Detroit, Milwaukee, and New York have worn only their Association or Classic (white) sets at home
  • Boston and Minnesota are the only teams to have not worn their Association (white) set on the road

On 11/23/2017 at 12:32 PM, anythinglogos said:

Anyone’s bought something from fanatics? What’s the quality like?

I bought a white Celtics Terry Rozier III jersey from Fanatics. I just didn't want to spend over $100 but wanted a Rozier jersey, so they were my only option. I wasn't expecting much at all, and I was impressed. Feels nice, fits nice. Everything is heat pressed on of course, but in a non-clunky way. The numbers are lightweight so they bend and fold without peeling or cracking. The jersey material feels like a higher-end cheap material. It's obviously not NBA feeling, but it isn't cheap mesh feeling either. I'm really impressed with them for the price (customized) and I got it very quickly. I'll be buying another for a christmas gift I think. Thankfully, I like a team that doesn't have their design affected by the step down in quality, so I can't speak about that aspect of it. As always, you get what you pay for, so nobody will be thinking you're wearing an authentic, but these are pretty good if you just want your favorite player's name on your back.

Archived