Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

Recommended Posts

22 hours ago, FinsUp1214 said:

Even after watching it live, I just wasn’t feeling the Jazz gold set. 1) I hate the way the front looks. Just the note and number look awfully unbalanced when the number is a single digit. The full wordmark would have been better. 2) Once again, the lack of contrast between the dark green and navy (one of the identity’s biggest flaws) was a big problem and they just looked like Pacers West from a distance. 

 

I like them, but they could use some work. I'd make the note bigger and move it further down and I'd have virtually all the trim on the jersey green. And of course, given that it is an identity-wide issue, I'd lighten said green (and possibly blue...or try a similarly-dark shade of purple). Maybe a little white would help too, though the lack of white seems like a common issue with the statement jerseys.

 

I do like that darker shade of gold, though, as well as the idea of a big note on the chest with the number underneath. Pair this with a green jersey (unfortunately probably not happening this year) and it rounds out the set quite nicely.

 

Edited by DustDevil61
Is to I'd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The red Heat uniforms looked beautiful.

 

However, curiously enough, they are still wearing the throwback black uniform. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DustDevil61 said:

 

I like them, but they could use some work. I'd make the note bigger and move it further down and I'd have virtually all the trim on the jersey green. And of course, given that it is an identity-wide issue, is to lighten said green (and possibly blue...or try a similarly-dark shade of purple). Maybe a little white would help too, though the lack of white seems like a common issue with the statement jerseys.

 

I do like that darker shade of gold, though, as well as the idea of a big note on the chest with the number underneath. Pair this with a green jersey (unfortunately probably not happening this year) and it rounds out the set quite nicely.

 

I was thinking the same: a little white would help. The side stripes should be navy, white, and green, and adding white and nave to the J-note would help too. I also agree that Utah needs to bring a green jersey into the set. Last year's were great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, GMW79 said:

 

I was thinking the same: a little white would help. The side stripes should be navy, white, and green, and adding white and nave to the J-note would help too. I also agree that Utah needs to bring a green jersey into the set. Last year's were great.

 

A little white--primarily on the note logos and the center stripe--would do the uniforms a big favor.

 

That said, these uniforms need more green and less blue. The 1980s green throwbacks are my favorite Utah Jazz uniform and they had no purple whatsoever (though some on the collar and arm hole trim would complete it); I feel that applying that principle to the gold uniforms would be a better idea than not. Keep the side stripes primarily navy (with some white and blue on the J-Note ball as stated before) if you must, but the collar/arm hole trim, numbers, NOB, and even the note itself would all benefit by being primarily green.

 

As for the green jerseys? I've been on the "Utah Jazz should  primarily wear green bandwagon" since introducing the 1980s throwbacks in the 2009-10 season. They to make a comeback like yesterday.

 

 

Edited by DustDevil61
Green bandwagon and any kind of green jersey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, upperV03 said:

The old design was much more cohesive and inspired than this new one. Had they just recolored the old set with the colors of the new set, it would’ve made for a much better look than what they have now. The new design is just a jumbled mess, IMO. The jerseys and shorts feel like they’re from two different uniforms, and the new wordmarks leave a lot to be desired. The execution of the “sunburst” on the previous jerseys wasn’t great, but at least there was a clear design direction.

Agree 100% on the jersey and shorts feeling like they're from different sets, but individually I think each is better than the previous set

 

overall I think the positives of the new set far outweigh the negatives. To me it was a big upgrade. Still not a great uniform, but much better than the last set

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DustDevil61 said:

 

As for the green jerseys? I've been on the "Utah Jazz should  primarily wear green bandwagon" since introducing the 1980s throwbacks in the 2009-10 season. They to make a comeback like yesterday.

 

 

 

I definitely agree with this. I find the prospect of a green primary road set to be a good compromise for those wanting something more traditional than navy; green does have some historical precedence and if we can’t have purple, at least there’s that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d love for the Jazz to bring the 80s green jersey into the set. They need green in the set and it’d be a fun throwback that is still popular here in Utah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The weird thing for me is that Utah's third and fourth jerseys this year are both golden/yellowish (assuming all the leaks are correct). Seems redundant to me, such that making one of those options a green one would make more sense. As for the primaries, I think the current navy does pull the whole scheme together nicely, and perhaps a compromise would be nudging the color a bit so that it has a purplish hue. Is navy purple a thing? Let's make that a thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Digby said:

The weird thing for me is that Utah's third and fourth jerseys this year are both golden/yellowish (assuming all the leaks are correct). Seems redundant to me, such that making one of those options a green one would make more sense. As for the primaries, I think the current navy does pull the whole scheme together nicely, and perhaps a compromise would be nudging the color a bit so that it has a purplish hue. Is navy purple a thing? Let's make that a thing.

 

Lots of teams going with repeated colors for their fourth uniform. Based on Conrad's predictions, at least twelve teams (Atlanta, Brooklyn, Chicago, Denver, Memphis, Miami, Orlando, Portland, San Antonio, Toronto, and Utah) will use a base color for their fourth uniform that matches one that's already been released. Of the teams we've yet to see a fourth uniform rendering for, Charlotte, Houston, Indiana, Minnesota and Philadelphia already have a uniform in each of their primary colors. My guess is Charlotte goes black + Buzz City on the 4th set and it's pretty well known Minnesota's will be grey. So that leaves maybe three more teams that could repeat a base color which would be half of the league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some observations from the last week:

 

  • Only 4 games out of 23 played since Friday had neither team in the Statement uniform
    • Den vs. Mem, Sac vs. LAC, Chi vs. Mia, Min vs. Phx
  • 3 games had both teams wearing their Statement uniform
    • Phx vs. NO, GS vs. NO, Utah vs. Mil
  • Denver currently has the longest streak of games played in the same uniform - 7 in their Icon
  • Miami still hasn't worn their regular black uniform since 10/28
  • Brooklyn, Chicago, and Houston have worn only their Icon or Statement (colored) sets at home
  • Detroit, Milwaukee, and New York have worn only their Association or Classic (white) sets at home
  • Boston and Minnesota are the only teams to have not worn their Association (white) set on the road

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/23/2017 at 12:32 PM, anythinglogos said:

 

Anyone’s bought something from fanatics? What’s the quality like?

I bought a white Celtics Terry Rozier III jersey from Fanatics. I just didn't want to spend over $100 but wanted a Rozier jersey, so they were my only option. I wasn't expecting much at all, and I was impressed. Feels nice, fits nice. Everything is heat pressed on of course, but in a non-clunky way. The numbers are lightweight so they bend and fold without peeling or cracking. The jersey material feels like a higher-end cheap material. It's obviously not NBA feeling, but it isn't cheap mesh feeling either. I'm really impressed with them for the price (customized) and I got it very quickly. I'll be buying another for a christmas gift I think. Thankfully, I like a team that doesn't have their design affected by the step down in quality, so I can't speak about that aspect of it. As always, you get what you pay for, so nobody will be thinking you're wearing an authentic, but these are pretty good if you just want your favorite player's name on your back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eRay said:

I bought a white Celtics Terry Rozier III jersey from Fanatics. I just didn't want to spend over $100 but wanted a Rozier jersey, so they were my only option. I wasn't expecting much at all, and I was impressed. Feels nice, fits nice. Everything is heat pressed on of course, but in a non-clunky way. The numbers are lightweight so they bend and fold without peeling or cracking. The jersey material feels like a higher-end cheap material. It's obviously not NBA feeling, but it isn't cheap mesh feeling either. I'm really impressed with them for the price (customized) and I got it very quickly. I'll be buying another for a christmas gift I think. Thankfully, I like a team that doesn't have their design affected by the step down in quality, so I can't speak about that aspect of it. As always, you get what you pay for, so nobody will be thinking you're wearing an authentic, but these are pretty good if you just want your favorite player's name on your back.

 

By "Everything is heat pressed on," does that mean the stripes, or just the front wordmark, name, and numbers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, KGeeX5 said:

The red Heat uniforms looked beautiful.

 

However, curiously enough, they are still wearing the throwback black uniform. 

 

 

What's up with the stains on the wordmark & number?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, spockEars7 said:

What's up with the stains on the wordmark & number?

Good question, it looks like someone wrote on the letters and number with a red marker  :wacko:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, spockEars7 said:

What's up with the stains on the wordmark & number?

 

Has to do with the twill material.  Happens more often than you'd think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, KGeeX5 said:

The red Heat uniforms looked beautiful.

 

However, curiously enough, they are still wearing the throwback black uniform. 

 

 

 

The Heat throwback is one of my favorites (the brighter shade of red helps, along with the orange)...and I think it was supposed to be worn all November or most of November.  That's how they planned it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DustDevil61 said:

 

By "Everything is heat pressed on," does that mean the stripes, or just the front wordmark, name, and numbers?

Just the lettering & numbers. Stripes on the trim are a different material stitched on like you would expect trim to be added.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know exactly when the change was made but the Hawks seem to have made the ad logo bigger. Here's a Old(Top) Vs New(bottom) Comparison.Image result for dennis schroder

Related image

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, JELKK said:

I don't know exactly when the change was made but the Hawks seem to have made the ad logo bigger. Here's a Old(Top) Vs New(bottom) Comparison.Image result for dennis schroder

Related image

 

7CjrZ5Q.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now