NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Ferdinand Cesarano said:

Every Washington team does not have to use red, white, and blue.

1984 Topps USFL #128 Craig James Front

Might be one of the few DC color schemes that has absolutely no connection to the city.  

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

47 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

Might be one of the few DC color schemes that has absolutely no connection to the city.  

Y'ALL. Both the Federals' and the blue/black/gold Caps/Wizards' color schemes absolutely have a connection to the city.

What's an iconic symbol of the Federal Government? Green paper money! It's as Washington, D.C. as you could get. An incredible color scheme for the capital.

What's an iconic symbol of the Federal Government? The Seal of the President of the United States! It's midnight blue and gold. Another incredible color scheme for the District. 

Also, the Nationals could get rid of the blue in their color scheme and it would be just fine. Because the flag of the District of Columbia. D.C. is obviously a good spot for a red/white/blue color scheme, but it isn't necessary. So many good options are available. Now, if you're team name is patriotic in a more flag-waving sense (76ers, Revolution, Patriots.duh) maybe red/white/blue is the best scheme. 

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

3 hours ago, kimball said:

Um ... http://bfy.tw/FLPv

But, with that said -- I agree on the blue, gold and black that Caps and Wizards wore.

Aw, I'm dumb. :P

Well, it was at one point.  What I meant was that the Sixers were so deeply entrenched in r/w/b that going away from it was a huge mistake.

"It is better to have fought and lost than to not have fought at all."

2 hours ago, DeFrank said:

Y'ALL. Both the Federals' and the blue/black/gold Caps/Wizards' color schemes absolutely have a connection to the city.

What's an iconic symbol of the Federal Government? Green paper money! It's as Washington, D.C. as you could get. An incredible color scheme for the capital.

What's an iconic symbol of the Federal Government? The Seal of the President of the United States! It's midnight blue and gold. Another incredible color scheme for the District. 

Also, the Nationals could get rid of the blue in their color scheme and it would be just fine. Because the flag of the District of Columbia. D.C. is obviously a good spot for a red/white/blue color scheme, but it isn't necessary. So many good options are available. Now, if you're team name is patriotic in a more flag-waving sense (76ers, Revolution, Patriots.duh) maybe red/white/blue is the best scheme. 

Green and black schemes like the Federals are barely related to the color of money. 

The Caps/Wizards colors were likely chosen because of the Seal of the United States Congress.  The Presidential seal uses a darker midnight blue than the Congressional version, and the Congressional Seal is slightly less hyper-partisan than the Presidential seal.

2 hours ago, BigEd76 said:

Washington's new G-League team will be the Capital City Go-Go.

NW5rezwG_400x400.jpg

I *love* the name.  It's a way to pay homage to the culture of the city without resorting to tired references to the federal government.   I even like the conga graphic.  

That said, the word mark and the rest of the logo feels phoned in.  

1 minute ago, LakeShow24 said:

I was talking about the Wham song but ok

I get that; I was providing context about what the team name actually refers to.  The genre of go-go predates the Wham! single.  

In any event, the primary logo isn't great, but whew, that secondary is a thing of beauty.  I'm cised.  :)

secondary.jpg

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Green and black schemes like the Federals are barely related to the color of money. 

The Caps/Wizards colors were likely chosen because of the Seal of the United States Congress.  The Presidential seal uses a darker midnight blue than the Congressional version, and the Congressional Seal is slightly less hyper-partisan than the Presidential seal.

What is partisan about the congressional seal?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

2 hours ago, BigEd76 said:

Washington's new G-League team will be the Capital City Go-Go.

NW5rezwG_400x400.jpg

This needs to Go-Go.  Quickly.

For a team of professional athletes, I expected more.  But I guess this is what we get from a league named after GATORADE, FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.

2 hours ago, WSU151 said:

I thought that it was just because the owner liked the color scheme.  But maybe there's something I'm missing...

Who do I think of Go-go? This guy.

how-to-Gogo-Dodo-from-Tiny-Toon-Adventur

Who do U think U R? Yes, I'm daring someone to recolor this Tiny-Toon classic.

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

4 hours ago, WSU151 said:

The Washington Federals were definitely treasury themed I think!

nobody has ever seen the congressional seal? Definitely a presidential thing it’s way more visible in daily life

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

8 hours ago, andrewharrington said:

What is partisan about the congressional seal?

The seal isn’t partisan in itself...giving a nod to Congress is seemingly more bipartisan than the one-party executive branch at any given time.

Archived